PDA

View Full Version : What is the deal with Donald?

IdahoMike
10-20-2008, 09:48 AM
I know that Daisy Duck is usually only found at the Lilo and Stitch breakfast, but why do they make it so hard to find Donald? He is one of the fab 5 after all, but yet we see him less than characters like Cruella De Vil, Mary Poppins, Queen of Hearts, etc... Yet, we can get Pluto, Goofy, Mickey and Minnie in at least 4 different outfits on almost any given day. Why no love for Donald? We asked the info desk a couple of times, and the first time they said "tomorrowland at 12:30" which we thought was weird, and of course, he was nowhere to be found. The next day, we were told "town square at 10:30" and again, no Donald. We asked one of the character handlers, and she said he had been appearing once a day at the space mountain exit, but that was about it. (we checked there on the day they told us he would be in tomorrowland, and he wasn't there) How about Toontown, near his boat?

This trip we just got home from, we met almost 50 characters, and Donald was not one of them. That is pretty lame.

codewoman
10-20-2008, 10:03 AM
I'm not sure what's up with Donald. Perhaps the costume is very uncomfortable? Or limited in number or by size?

We have only seen him in the lobby for the 50 Years movie (at the Opera House) -- inside the building. But we knew at the time it was a rare happening so we were very grateful.

foolishmortal
10-20-2008, 10:10 AM
MY Dh says it's an anti Donald conspiracy! :rolleyes: So sad there are soo many Donald duck fans out there too!
We only see him at Goofy's kitchen and then not every time either.:crying:

My 5yr old loves to see Donald and is sad when he is not at breakfast.

How about a "where's the Donald" campaign!;)

PanFan
10-20-2008, 10:17 AM
Mickey, Minnie, Donald, and Daisy are all fairly small animals. In fact, they're just about the same size. Too bad for the ducks that the mice are simply more popular (with good reason, I suppose).

kelli1rose
10-20-2008, 10:49 AM
Donald is part of the little show with the Main Street Straw Hat band. He comes out and has a drumming contest with a kid from the audience (Guess who wins????) We see it almost every Thursday at 1:30PM outside of the hat store near the Opera house. Minnie dances to Ain't She Sweet, Pluto dances to Frisky Feet, and then Donald does the drumming contest with Jimmy Ford, the drummer for the group. At the end Mickey comes out and leads the jazz band in the Mickey Mouse Club theme song. The show happens again at 2:20 outside the firehouse. We love it. Art does a great job leading the band and interactions with the character.

foolishmortal
10-20-2008, 11:31 AM
Donald is part of the little show with the Main Street Straw Hat band. He comes out and has a drumming contest with a kid from the audience (Guess who wins????) We see it almost every Thursday at 1:30PM outside of the hat store near the Opera house. Minnie dances to Ain't She Sweet, Pluto dances to Frisky Feet, and then Donald does the drumming contest with Jimmy Ford, the drummer for the group. At the end Mickey comes out and leads the jazz band in the Mickey Mouse Club theme song. The show happens again at 2:20 outside the firehouse. We love it. Art does a great job leading the band and interactions with the character.

Thanks for the info! My DS will love this! we'll be in the park 1st week of Nov! Will look for him there!

RockDoc07
10-20-2008, 07:04 PM
Cleraly Donald is not present very often because he is in his dressing room trying to decide which pants to put on. Eventually, he gets fed up and out of frustration decides to solve this problem by wearing no pants at all.

So the big question is, if Donald doesn't mind walking around with no pants on, why when he gets out of the shower in the cartoons does he wrap a towel around himself? Why does his modesty change when he is walking around the Happiest Place on Earth?

Cool Runnings
Doc

Ohthatjeff
10-20-2008, 07:27 PM
Cleraly Donald is not present very often because he is in his dressing room trying to decide which pants to put on. Eventually, he gets fed up and out of frustration decides to solve this problem by wearing no pants at all.

Maybe that's the problem. I bet he's out often. He just keep getting picked up by security for indecent exposure. And around little kids at that. The nerve!

Maybe you should have tried Central Booking.

K & S
10-20-2008, 09:14 PM

So the big question is, if Donald doesn't mind walking around with no pants on, why when he gets out of the shower in the cartoons does he wrap a towel around himself? Why does his modesty change when he is walking around the Happiest Place on Earth?

Cool Runnings
Doc

Wasn't Donald banned in some country because he didn't wear trousers? I think it was Yugoslavia. I thought it was a bit silly considering I know a lot of ducks who don’t wear trousers.

;)

disney jones
10-20-2008, 10:50 PM
Plain and simple fact - it's Mickey's 'show', he's "THE MAN", is very jealous of Donald, and does everything he can to keep Donald down and out of the picture. (Us Donald fans have known this for years - it's Mickey's fault.)

btw, we did see Donald outside Space Mountain's exit about mid-day during our visit 10 days ago.

petesimac
10-21-2008, 06:58 AM
Yeah, but long gone are the days when Mickey would roam the park. Now it seems the only way to see him is in the parade or fantasmic or to wait in line for an hour (on bad days) to see him. It's his house, he ought to be around more often. That goes for Donald too! It may not be his house, but he helped build it!

dlfansx4
10-21-2008, 08:38 AM
Well, we did see Donald right out on Main Street on a Sunday morning. He was dressed as a pumpkin (still, no pants, LOL). But he was right there along side Mickey and Minnie, signing autographs.

ssturgeo
10-21-2008, 11:37 AM
We often see Donald in ToonTown

PanFan
10-21-2008, 08:28 PM
Saw Donald yesterday on Main Street in his pumpkin costume. His line was longer than any of the others (which included Mickey, Minnie, and Pluto).

Chadsgal
10-21-2008, 11:45 PM
When we were there last month we saw Donald more than we saw Mickey. Donald is my fav & my DS(2) loves him too, we were very glad to see him almost everyday in front of the Magic Shop. We also made sure to ask City Hall and he was to be out there 3 times a day in the same spot. HOWEVER Diasy must have been on vacation cause we didn't see her at all & when we asked City Hall to see if she was working today, they told us she was hanging around the pond. ;)

UsBurchs
10-23-2008, 04:14 PM
All the times we've been there, we've never seen Donald except in the Parade. We saw Daisy at Lilo and Stitch breakfast. Her costume isn't that much different. I'd imagine if she can be out, he could too. ANYway, we have this mission to see Donald. I ask around, but he's pretty elusive. I've heard that he's around more at WDW. We're headed there next. If we see him, that would make my son's (and my) day!!! :) QUACK

kelli1rose
10-23-2008, 05:25 PM
Donald was on Main Street near the Corn Dog Cart at 12 noon today, in his regular clothes! Hope you can find him when you are there!

candles71
10-23-2008, 06:45 PM
We hadn't seen him around either and actually found him in DCA in April in his vacation shirt and straw hat.

Donalds Duckie
10-26-2008, 06:10 AM
Donald has always been near impossible to see at DLR. Chances to see Donald are better at DCA than at DL.