PDA

View Full Version : Super Soap Weekend 2003

Pages : [1] 2

Berry Princess
11-20-2002, 06:46 PM
Well Susan Lucci's website has it up that she is making an appearance there. Its March 29-30 at DCA. I wasn't sure if they wanted to do this considering how they just got rid of the Bistro like they did.

MouseWife
11-20-2002, 07:05 PM
Wahoo!!

How soon can we make reservations???

Who else is planning on going?

Well, if LaLucci is clearing her calendar to be there, it will happen, don't you think?

Thanks for you post!!

Must go surf those sites!!!

Berry Princess
11-20-2002, 07:45 PM
I'd love to go. We aren't to far from there. But that time of month is bad moneywise. Plus our anniversary is that Monday. I don't see my husband wanting to go. LOL I know a friend of mine would do it with me but we are going for a weekend soon. Oh well hopefully I can try to do at least one day of it cause I was upset that I missed out last year.

MouseWife
11-20-2002, 07:51 PM
Well, I hope that you make it for at least one day.

Dang, that reminds me that my anniversary is the second of April!! Drats!!

Must convince hubby that we will have a great time........

Drats!!

Berry Princess
11-20-2002, 08:36 PM
I am sure going to try to. I love ABC soaps. LOL I may just have to start a jar of money for that time. I'm assuming they may have other weekends set up like last time. At least it would be nice for the other soaps.

MouseWife
11-20-2002, 09:53 PM
Oh, if you didn't go last year:

If you have a S.Cal AP you can get in on Sundays.

They give you pictures, so you don't have to pay for that. Nice pictures {check on E-Bay, they are selling them from the WDW SSW, some are hot}.

The Millionaire show is fun, you might win if the celebrity wins.

The talk show was really fun.

I didn't see the 'Casting Call' with Walt Willey, that line was so long.

Actually, all lines were really long. You really had to plan out your gotta haves.

Agh!! I am excited!!

I hope people who are going will post here on the board. Maybe
we can start another thread when the time gets closer.

Berry Princess
11-20-2002, 10:00 PM
I have a Premium AP so that isn't a problem with getting in but cost for food and stuff. Plus depending on who would go with me is another issue. My friend would have to pay to go in the park though. We should start a thread as the time gets closer. We can help entertain each other in the lines. :D

MouseWife
11-21-2002, 06:23 AM
I think that would be fun.

What I wonder is what they will do about a character meal?

If I find out anything {although I seem to be behind on the news!} I'll post it.

Berry Princess
11-21-2002, 08:31 AM
I only found out because I get an email newsletter about the soaps and it had it in there. Otherwise I would be in the dark like most. LOL I don't visit Susan Lucci's website so I would never have seen that that way.
But I will do my best to try to be there one of those days.

MouseWife
11-21-2002, 08:49 AM
Ya know, I am really tempted to join La Luccis' fan club.

I don't know if everyone who is a member gets special treatment but I read last year she had a special breakfast for them.

I think I am going to earmark that site.......when I find it!! What I found has a lot, including her beauty line. That might be it but I don't know.

Berry Princess
11-21-2002, 10:23 AM
Here is a link to her site. http://susanlucci.com/newsite/index.html

I wonder if she will do the breakfast again. That would be fun.

MouseWife
11-21-2002, 10:51 AM
Thank you so much!!

This has been a morning of planning.

I e-mailed SoapNet to see if they can give me any help in booking a package.

I am also going to see if I can find my paperwork from last year, booked through a special line, not the regular Disney line.

Oh, I hope they have a breakfast deal of some sort. It was so casual and nice. Each character came and greated each table. No autographs but photos, 1 each.

Berry Princess
11-21-2002, 11:42 AM
How cool. Did they do that for each weekend or was it just the one?

MouseWife
11-21-2002, 12:10 PM
They did it three weekends, I think.

I'm sure each weekend had one. It was part of the package.

The thing is to really keep on top of things.
I learned much more on the internet than Disneyland.
First the breakfast was planned for Sat. Then, Lucci's
breakfast knocked the packages breakfast to Sun.

Then, it was supposed to start at 10 a.m. I read on the net
that {maybe here?} they were thinking of opening up the
park early. When I got to the G.C. they didn't know a thing
about it {another story, rude clerks....}.

I took the cues from the net and got there before 8 a.m.
Good thing. It opened at 8!!

I heard some very disappointed guests saying that the hotel told them when they checked in to go and settle in. They said, I kept hearing the sound of the park. I thought they were testing the rides. I look out the window and it is open!!'

So, I ask a lot of questions and surf the net up until I leave.

Berry Princess
11-21-2002, 12:14 PM
I swear I get more info from others then Disneyland most the time. When you hear anything or find info I'd love to know. I signed up for Lucci's club so I know if she does the breakfast it should be on there. I would love to do the 3 weekends. LOL

MouseWife
11-21-2002, 12:43 PM
For sure!! Same for me, too!

Oo, what did it take to sign up for her Fan Club?

I really do like her, although my hubby hates her. He
judges her by her character. I say they she is doing a
darn good job because she isn't really that way.

Berry Princess
11-21-2002, 01:14 PM
Just go to her website and click on the chat club. Its just a yahoo group so its free. It mentions the breakfast for the weekend at WDW and it seems to be the only thingI can find on that site for fan club. And my hubby hates soaps. He thinks they are silly. LOL But she does do a damn good job. She is one of the best in daytime..if not the best.

MouseWife
11-21-2002, 01:59 PM
At least my kids enjoy the stories. :D

Okay, I think I have a password for Yahoo! somewhere............

Yep, that is a breakfast to be invited to.

The other one you have to purchase a package through the resort.

Oh yeah, well, they did have characters {soap, not Disney ;) } walk around during meals. But, you had to make a reservation
and there was a minimum per person. So, like I heard some people saying they were going to have a salad, that wouldn't work.

The breakfast through the package was $25. Quite the deal in my book.

Although we were put in a dock area, I think it was supposed to be from General Hospital. It was dark. Everyone was asking for some lights to be put on, we couldn't tell what was on the buffet.

After complaining to a server, they told us that people loved this atmosphere and that, why, just a few days ago Steven Spielberg brought a group and requested this very spot.

It was too dark. :o

But I'd eat there again. :D

Berry Princess
11-21-2002, 02:08 PM
I didn't know they did it in the Soap Opera Bistro. The spot you are talking about sounds like the docks from General Hospital alright. I loved that place. Never got to eat in that spot or a couple of other places. I always ended up in the Chandlier Mansion or Kelly's. :( And this is why I don't understand why they decided to take it away. If they do the soap weekends they should have the restaraunt to do this kind of stuff in for the breakfasts and whatever. Plus I always went and it was busy. Anyway, that price for that isn't that bad considering you are surrounded by soap stars.

MouseWife
11-21-2002, 02:53 PM
What other restaurant do you think they would do it at?

I haven't eaten anywhere there, except that one time.

The one overlooking Paradise Pier Bay? Or rather, on the pier?

You know, it is sort of strange, after meeting them in their persona, to see them in character on the show.

Like, David Canary, he is so casual.

The girls, Bianca, Mia, Kendall, Simone, they were all really nice.

Opal, she is so gracious. I told her I wanted to be her daughter in law. She laughed and said 'Me, too.' But, that they weren't that bold on t.v. yet. :D

Berry Princess
11-21-2002, 03:17 PM
hmm I wonder where. That is the only place I really ate at there. Besides McDonald's once. LOL I have no idea where else they could do it unless they do it in one of the hotels. See they should have just left the Bistro alone. LOL

MouseWife
11-21-2002, 03:35 PM
LOL Yeah, they should have remembered the success of it!!

But really I think they said something about how the one in Florida they could gauge attendance by the reservations but here they couldn't because so many people come for a one day trip or even stay locally. That is what freaked them out and made them open early.

Hmm. Well, if they have it at the Grand California {and I get to go :( } maybe they can do it in the StoryTellers Cafe and I can finally eat there!! LOL Heck, any restaurant there! I have only eaten at the White Water Snacks.

Yeah, they had better do it again. I have my autograph book that I bought, I bought one for my daughter, too. Those Princess ones? Holds pictures? I only have so many in there.

Must fill it up!!!

Berry Princess
11-21-2002, 04:07 PM
How cool!! I don't know why they couldn't tell about the people going. I know you have to give a name. Even if you just got there to eat that moment. We did that a few times. I do have my video of the place and 2 of the "actors" playing up for the camera. LOL It was great. I have never eaten in the GC. The menus I saw nothing caught my eye except desserts..LOL

MouseWife
11-21-2002, 04:30 PM
Sorry, I had one of my 'You are supposed to know I changed subjects' moments. Hubby goes nuts when I do that.

I meant that they didn't think about how many people would be coming to the park for the event because so many people can just drive there as opposed to in Florida it is mostly people staying at the resorts.

Yeah, with names they did know who was expected. And it was tight!!

I never got to see that, the actors performing while you eat. That whole place is what got me excited about DCA in the first place. I'd always heard about the WDW events and I just wanted some of the fun too.

Yeah, the deserts are always yummy. ;) Can you go in there for just a desert?

Berry Princess
11-22-2002, 08:08 AM
It was one of the few things I was excited about to when it came to DCA. I was so glad they changed the APs to 2 park at the time cause we weren't going to pay to go in there or the extra for the 2 park at the time. And of course at that time I was pregnant so I couldn't much but want to see the Bistro. LOL The first time I got to eat in there was May. It was great. Everytime I went there was something going on. It had such a fun atmosphere. Some of te best CMs I ever came across worked there.

And I think you can just go for dessert. I don't see why not. LOL