PDA

View Full Version : Any extra perks for celebrating 50th b'day during DL's 50th?

Lani
11-20-2002, 10:42 AM
A friend of a friend is turning 50 in 2005, and wants to visit Disneyland to celebrate her birthday while the park celebrates its 50th birthday. She wants to know if there are any special goodies or acknowledgements she might get because she's the same age as the park. I told her that she can get her birthday sticker, and that she might get a free dessert and such, but I don't know of anything else.

Do you know of anything special for her?

RStar
11-20-2002, 10:58 AM
That's a good question. I would bring it up to local media close to the date, and if it is printed, then she may become a bit of a celebrity. Then she may get more attention from those at the resort. Noteriety is likely to be the best she could hope for, but that alone would make a neat birthday celebration.

And what a great birthday. July 17, 1955. Shes in great company. I wonder how many others there are? They could have a special birthday party at DL for all of them that day.

tabacco
11-20-2002, 01:02 PM
Friend of mine was born February 8 ;)

MammaSilva
11-20-2002, 01:08 PM
count me in on the turning 50 .. but a few months before the park does... April for me .. July for the park, but hubby already knows that unless I'm dead I'll be at the park on my 50th!

Lani
11-20-2002, 01:36 PM
Hmmm... I'm not sure this person's birthday is on the same DATE as DL's day. I think she is just turning 50 in the same year.

Pony Sugrue
11-20-2002, 01:48 PM
I'm not turning 50 then myself, but maybe I could gain 50lbs or something... I dunno.

Well after everything I've read, it looks like they're only gonna spiff up SPACE MOUNTAIN now... and that's pretty much it as far as the big idea to "overhaul 5 classic attractions for the 50th". I'm sure that "Cash Vacuum" DCA has a whole lot to do with the cut backs. Shame, I really wanted to see that new flaming skull in 'Pirates'.