PDA

View Full Version : Disney Quest for DL?

merlinjones
07-09-2001, 08:05 AM
Since DisneyQuest Chicago will be closing, why not utilize the assets out here?

If there is to be no DisneyQuest Anaheim, the coolest DQ items (like CyberSpace Mountain or Aladdin) should be shipped out to DL to enhance Innoventions or replace Starcade. Tomorrowland could definitely use some new high-tech energy.

Since these are limited capacity, Innoventions "collective" setting might work well, or they could be utilized as additional charge games like the arcades and shooting gallery.

JRob2k1
07-09-2001, 09:37 AM
Yeah right...

-JRob

amynicole22
07-09-2001, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by merlinjones

If there is to be no DisneyQuest Anaheim, the coolest DQ items (like CyberSpace Mountain or Aladdin) should be shipped out to DL to enhance Innoventions or replace Starcade. Tomorrowland could definitely use some new high-tech energy.

I think that's a great idea. That would definitely spice up Innoventions. Plus they have that whole upstairs area at the Starcade that's just empty right now.

Probably won't happen - but it would be cool.

Hades
07-10-2001, 01:57 PM
Virtual reality amusements are not doing as well as they used to. I used to go to the Irvine Spectrum and VR race NASCAR at Silicon Speedway, but the location also tanked after only a 2 year run of business there.

I did get a chance to talk with the owner of Silicon Speedway back then, and he told me they were in negotiations with Disney in regards to opening a location in Downtown Disney. They were turned down, but Universal gave Silicon Speedway the green light (no pun intended).

I wouldn't be too suprised to see some of the DisneyQuest attractions popping up at different locations at the Disney themeparks, but I wouldn't hold my breath too long on that!:rolleyes: