PDA

View Full Version : Post Halloween Question

Smorri
10-15-2008, 08:33 AM
A while back someone mentioned that the only Disney Merchandise sale at Disney was a post Halloween sale of Halloween items. My question is, if this is true, do the Princess costumes (Ariel, Bell, etc...) in World of Disney get marked down/put on sale? If so, roughly how much?

Thanks in advance for help from any eagle eyed shoppers with a good memory :)

River Belle
10-15-2008, 09:19 AM
Can't answer directly about discounted Halloween costumes, but I can tell you from experience that Christmas merchandise is also reduced at the DLR (sometimes as much as 50% off) after the holidays.

I've also found some pretty great deals on Disney/Princess costumes (post Halloween) on the Disney shopping website.

bennette
10-15-2008, 10:26 AM
Most of the costumes are on sale already at Disney.com. Between $15 and $25 of a $45/$79 costume depending on whether you're getting regular or deluxe. And I think there may be a $5 off shipping special for purchases of more than $50 ongoing currently.

I believe they go down at least half off after the holiday and scattered costumes in odd size will go down even further. That's what I remember for the deluxe "Christmas" costumes last year.

Of course there are plenty of official costumes still in their original packages on e-Bay if that's your thing. You can use the Disney.com site to figure out sizes and then buy from e-Bay. Some of them will include the whole kit and caboodle (shoes, crown, wand).

Good luck.