PDA

View Full Version : Any info on the Portofino Inn?

iceblue42
11-18-2002, 09:24 PM
Hi, we're planning a trip to Disneyland next July and were planning on staying at the Portofino Inn. Can anyone tell me if it's actually as nice as the brochures claim it is. We're a family of six so our choices are somewhat limited (obviously we need a suite). Also can anyone suggest one or two decent, reasonable places to eat within easy driving distance? Thanks for any help.:)

FoodLover
11-18-2002, 09:42 PM
I haven't stayed at the Portofino but have toured it and looked at some suites. It's fine -- similar to a DoubleTree Guest Suites. The hotel is newish (maybe 3 years old?) and perfectly okay.

It's basically next door to the Jolly Roger Restaurant (mediocre coffee shop) and it would be an easy walk to the coffee shop and/or the rather wackily retro Overland Stage Restaurant at the West Coast Anaheim.

It's in very easy driving distance of Mimi's Cafe (which has very good food at very reasonable prices).

Mary
MouseSavers.com

iceblue42
11-18-2002, 09:46 PM
Thanks, Foodlover, that's a help.:)

golfgreg74
11-19-2002, 06:37 PM
My wife and I stayed at the Portofino in October '01. We were not very pleased with it at all. We checked in to find no coffee pot (not a big deal until they accused me of stealing it), the wallpaper in the bathroom coming away from the wall (mold behind it), and various stains on the carpet. I understand that it turns over rooms quickly, but for a newish (refurbished, I believe) hotel, it was not what it claimed to be.

On the plus side, when I complained about it through Disney Travel (who I booked with for that trip) the manager at that time did send me two nights for free (we originally paid for three).

I would probably not stay there again. Hope this is somewhat helpful. :D

Klutch
11-19-2002, 07:07 PM
A coworker stayed there last August. Someone broke into his van while it was parked in the hotel garage. A window was smashed and everything inside, CD's, kid's CD players, was taken. The police suspected an inside job.

This doesn't give one a feeling of confidence.

Oh, coworker also said the pool is teeny-tiny.