PDA

View Full Version : Just saw adults play for kids price ad on TV

Carina
10-10-2008, 04:13 PM
SO even though I am not going for months and months - I just had to ask if this has now started already... I thought it would start in Jan when the new tix started... but the ad said "Adults play for the kids price ..... for alimited time" and it was a DisneyLAND commercial....

Would't that tick off all the people that that already bought adult tix?

DisneyDustin22
10-10-2008, 04:19 PM
Tickets, prices and information is ALWAYS subject to change without notice! :p and bla bla bla offers cannot be changed to something not offered when originally purchased yada yada yada....

If I buy a new car for 30k and then tomorrow they offer an incentive deal and its only 25K, I'm screwed.

You can buy your tickets today at one price, and tomorrow they can offer something else. Or buy them at one price today, and tomorrow it's raised. It works both ways sometimes.

Carina
10-10-2008, 04:23 PM
So has it actually started, I saw the ad but cannnot see anything on the website?

Malcon10t
10-10-2008, 04:27 PM
So has it actually started, I saw the ad but cannnot see anything on the website?Look under the 2009 prices. The prices aren't good til Jan. 6, 09.

Carina
10-10-2008, 04:48 PM
Oh..... I dont knwo that site very well so it had me confused and I didnt here anything about 2009 on the ad

I had thought we would get citypasses as we want to do Universal and Sea world also... but this has me wondering what the better deal will be

LOZZYPOP
10-10-2008, 06:42 PM
Hi Carina,

We too are from Vancouver Island and will be going around the same time you are next year (we will definitely be there 15 May 2009 for my daughter's birthday, I just haven't firmed up the dates around that :))

I saw the ad too and there was some disclaimer text on the commercial that said that the offer was good from 12 Jan - 30 April 2009. It was very hard to read but I caught it.

Autopia Guy
10-11-2008, 12:00 AM
I had thought we would get citypasses as we want to do Universal and Sea world also... but this has me wondering what the better deal will be

That depends on if you want to go to the Zoo, how many days you want to play at the Disneyland Resort and if Universal and Seaworld are still offering that one ticket that is good for both parks.

And this has been the promotion since I think when the Summer Fun Passes were released. Or it was mentioned on here somewhere around then I think...

Carina
10-11-2008, 10:14 AM
Hi Carina,

I saw the ad too and there was some disclaimer text on the commercial that said that the offer was good from 12 Jan - 30 April 2009. It was very hard to read but I caught it.

BUMMER - we are hoping to be there from the 10th to the 15th of May!

Where on Van Island do you live? We are in Qualicum... we went the same week in 2006 ( Monday to Friday getting home on our Victoria day weekend)

Are you Driving or Flying?

TheDisneyDude
10-15-2008, 11:26 AM
This is awesome. I got a free ticket to go to Disneyland for my Birthday in January 2009 (after the 12th) and since the play for what kids pay will be in effect I can save money of my girlfriends ticket as well. This will help with our overall budget for the trip. WoooHoooo...:fez:

LOZZYPOP
10-15-2008, 09:22 PM
BUMMER - we are hoping to be there from the 10th to the 15th of May!

Where on Van Island do you live? We are in Qualicum... we went the same week in 2006 ( Monday to Friday getting home on our Victoria day weekend)

Are you Driving or Flying?

We live in Victoria and are hoping to work in the Victoria day holiday into next year's vacation. I have no problem taking my six year old out of school but I try to do it for as few days as I can manage.:)

We fly because it is only two of us. Next year it is three because I am treating my friend so she can come with us. If airline fares really soar then I might have to rethink the flying part and consider driving down. But who knows? Maybe Alaska airlines will have their "Kids fly free" promotion on again in the spring.