PDA

View Full Version : What's a kingdom without magic? (EVERYONE: READ THIS!)

pheneix
07-08-2001, 02:18 PM
This may not have to do with Disneyland, but every Disney fan needs to read this article. Since this is the most popular board here, I figured this is the place to post it.

http://www.sptimes.com/News/070801/Columns/Where_has_the_magic_g.shtml

It is set up as a letter from Mickey to Walt, and while there have been several articles about Disney's declining quality, this is the best one out there. This paragraph is one of the best. It is detailing how the Disney name still has value, but is being bled dry at an alarming rate:

"But they still respect Disney. I remember back in 1994 when Warner
Brothers wanted to release a new movie version of the story Thumbelina.
Warner did a test screening and the response was flat. On a whim, Warner
stripped its own name off and put Disney's atop the same movie clip. The
test audience loved it.

Walt, that's clout.

We still have some of it. But we're burning through our reputation with too
many bonehead actions, like these:"

Mickey then describes several failures that have wrecked the Disney name as of late.

This is a must read, so click on the link and read it now.

Pheneix

SimpTwister
07-08-2001, 03:20 PM
Interesting article, and pretty much on the money.

Thanks for pointing it out.

JRob2k1
07-08-2001, 05:26 PM
I think that the author describes what a lot of people feel about the company right now.

You really do feel kind of bad for Mickey though. He cant even use the executive washroom anymore. Things have gotten bad!:cool:

-JRob

Mr D
07-08-2001, 06:51 PM
And the snowball gains momentum and size as it comes crashing down the mountain......;)

slaakker
07-08-2001, 09:12 PM
Thank you for sharing the article with us.

Doodle Duck
07-09-2001, 08:08 AM
Excellent! Yes...a MUST read for everyone.
Eisner Be Gone!

The DLF

Berry Princess
07-09-2001, 08:08 PM
I came here to post that same link but notice someone else did. Glad it was too. I thought that letter from Mickey to Walt was done VERY well. The truth be told!!

Hades
07-09-2001, 08:55 PM
$18.88 for top pay at WDW???? I'm a very sad CM indeed! :confused: I've been a CM for 16 years and only make (gulp) $12.02! :(

Might be time for me to sing,

"Now it's time to say goodby to all are company..." *sniff, sniff, sob*

Obviously all thoughs years of profit never found it's way to the people who really do believe in making the magic! Have things really gotten so bad that in order to make a profit, you have to fire the ones who make it for the company???? If you got to make the profit margin that way, how about cutting that $737 million profit margin from cast member #1?

But who am I kidding. :o

JRob2k1
07-10-2001, 09:23 PM
I just wanted to bump this thread because I think its an intresting article for all Disney fans, no matter what your perception of the current company is like.

-JRob

Morrigoon
07-10-2001, 11:51 PM
Good idea

(bump)

"Please do not BUMP the car ahead of you or stop your car in the middle of the track. Thank you" - Autopia

jslivinski
08-06-2001, 09:08 AM
bumpbumpbump

I love the drawing of the glove with the broken wand. I'm using it on my desktop and someday when I get around to putting on an avatar I'd love to use it.

jslivinski
08-17-2001, 08:03 AM
Bumpity Bump

Great article for anyone who hasn't read it yet and look... I finally got my avatar in. :)