PDA

View Full Version : Pixie Hollow Preview

Pages : [1] 2

towens
10-09-2008, 10:58 AM
Just got the email that we got a slot, anyone else?

Tinkermommy
10-09-2008, 11:15 AM
:crying:

Nope. As is the tradition when we enter a drawing for an AP preview, the only e-mail we've received that's Disney-related is from Disney shopping offering to sell me cozy & cool fleece, and a "special offer" from the Disney Movie Club. Even checked my spam filter -- you wouldn't BELIEVE the offers I found in there! :eek: (None from Disney, though...)

I'm still holding out hope...we've GOT to be selected one of these days!

oohykitten
10-09-2008, 11:34 AM
tinkermommy were you in my inbox? :) I have those same two emails but nothing for a preview slot either.

Tinker Bell
10-09-2008, 12:10 PM
I look in the junk box and mail . I got nothing for a 3rd time. UGH I am so sad.

pammie
10-09-2008, 12:27 PM
Wow, I found a dollar on the ground this morning on my way into work; I checked my email and there was the message that I won a spot in the AP Sneak Preview!! When I went to lunch today I made sure I bought some lottery tickets too:D

We'll be there on Sunday the 26th and the email said it'll be approximately a 2 hour experience!

kellyca
10-09-2008, 03:13 PM
What is the experience is my questions? I'm not sure what can take two hours.....

Toocherie
10-09-2008, 03:37 PM
probably standing in line to see Tinkerbelle will take two hours! :D

Darkbeer
10-09-2008, 03:39 PM
What is the experience is my questions? I'm not sure what can take two hours.....

It is a viewing of the new movie, "Tinker Bell", and has nothing to do with Pixie Hollow.

AP holders were offered a chance to get a sneak preview before the DVD is released on October 28th.

By the time you get seated, and Tinker Bell shows up and says HI, and then the movie, and a few goodbyes, it will be about 2 hours.

The movie will be offered either at the Opera House, or the HISTA theater.

Toocherie
10-09-2008, 03:45 PM
I saw the movie a couple of weeks ago at the El Capitan--cute . . . but don't need to see it again.

K & S
10-09-2008, 04:42 PM
:crying:

Nope. As is the tradition when we enter a drawing for an AP preview, the only e-mail we've received that's Disney-related is from Disney shopping offering to sell me cozy & cool fleece, and a "special offer" from the Disney Movie Club. Even checked my spam filter -- you wouldn't BELIEVE the offers I found in there! :eek: (None from Disney, though...)

I'm still holding out hope...we've GOT to be selected one of these days!

That's the story of my life.

Tinkspapa
10-09-2008, 08:06 PM
We got ours !!! Its for saturday the 25th at 3 :D

Heffalump
10-10-2008, 03:56 AM
Not a thing here. I suppose it's best...I don't feel like piling the family in the car and driving several hours anyway!

Smorri
10-10-2008, 07:02 AM
We got ours this morning! Halloween on the 16th, Tink on the 26th.. two weeks of being tired at work :)

jMom
10-10-2008, 08:30 AM
We got ours !!! Its for saturday the 25th at 3 :D
Me too!

Boo's Mommy
10-10-2008, 09:15 AM
Again, nothing here. I'm hoping that maybe they'll be really slow when we go and let us in anyway like in other previews.

Tinkermommy
10-10-2008, 12:55 PM
I'm curious -- and I KNOW this is nothing like a scientific sampling, it's strictly curiosity -- of those who didn't get picked for the Pixie Hollow preview, have you ever been picked for another AP preview?

And for those who did get picked, have you been picked before?

(I'm just wondering how big a loser I am! :p)

My answer: I have never been picked, and wasn't this time.

Tinker Bell
10-10-2008, 01:07 PM
I live 20min from the park and have entry in all of them and never been picked. :(

bennette
10-10-2008, 01:13 PM
I've been picked for every single thing I've entered for that was sneak/AP specific. Dream Suite tour, Toy Story Preview, and now Pixie Hollow.

I make sure they have my scantron/ID number in the Disneyland.com AP site every year. I "look" at a lot of their promotional materials in the random thought it might increase my chances (I'm just remembering, I did just get offered one of those free Disney Dining promotions and I've only spent one day at Disneyworld in my life). Also, I enter every member of my family for everything but I'm the only one who has ever won.

Of course...I'm also the one who is on record as spending the most money there...

Tinkermommy
10-10-2008, 01:33 PM
How about Nemo?

bennette
10-10-2008, 02:02 PM
Don't flame me (!), but I disliked the subs back in the day and didn't sign up for a preview.

Don't find that much to enjoy in the new subs either once I did get around to that line. :eek:

I do like the Nemo ride at Disneyworld, however. Mucho!

K & S
10-10-2008, 03:56 PM
I live 20min from the park and have entry in all of them and never been picked. :(

30 minutes from the park...same story.

:mad:

silence
10-11-2008, 05:28 AM
I have enterred everything and have never been picked.

We actually have plans to be there for the first day of previews, I was so bummed we didn't get picked this time.

KarenW2
10-12-2008, 12:03 AM
So far, our record is consistent. We've entered all of the AP and other contests, giving them the most amount of choices possible and still haven't won any of them.

We also have never won a dream, a wish or anything in the park either!! I sometimes can't help wondering if we don't get picked because it's just the two of us (we don't have kids) and I'm in a wheelchair.

PhiSigDuchessCV
10-12-2008, 07:39 AM
My dad won for the Toy Story Mania and now has won for Tinkerbell preview. The problem is that it's on a Friday and I have some out of town guests coming in that weekend. Not sure if I'll be able to join my parents or not.

SDMom
10-13-2008, 11:03 AM
I've been picked for every single thing I've entered for that was sneak/AP specific. Dream Suite tour, Toy Story Preview, and now Pixie Hollow.

Wow! you should buy a lottery ticket.:fez:

Myself - Enter them all - never won.