PDA

View Full Version : Napa Rose Fall Menu

Pages : [1] 2 3

RedwoodMaiTai
10-09-2008, 06:41 AM
Hello~

Does anyone know where I can find the current menu for the Napa Rose?

I appreciate any help you can provide!!

Thank you:)

ralfrick
10-09-2008, 07:39 AM
This is what it was in April; don't know if it's changed.
http://allears.net/dlr/din/menu/men_nr.htm

A bientot.

cstephens
10-09-2008, 09:33 AM
Yes, the menu has changed since then. The menu actually has minor changes all the time, but it has a major change every season. That menu has the roasted shells of the sea, which I had and which was delicious, but which is no longer on the menu.

I went to Napa Rose a few weeks ago, and I got a copy of the menu, but it's not online.

Tinker Bell
10-09-2008, 11:46 AM
Do you know when the winter menu comes out? I want to go for my B day. I have a friend who is very picky and wants to see if she will eat anything.

Heffalump
10-10-2008, 03:58 AM
Oh gosh I love this place! Cannot afford to eat there too often.

adriennek
10-10-2008, 09:03 AM
Do you know when the winter menu comes out? I want to go for my B day. I have a friend who is very picky and wants to see if she will eat anything.

It's been my understanding that they offer some level of flexibility to somewhat customize some of their dishes for pickier eaters. Now, I personally don't have anyone in my life that is that picky (and goodness knows I'm NOT, LOL,) but, in my interactions with the staff at NR, they have always seemed very willing to work with their guests.

Adrienne

dawnid
10-10-2008, 12:11 PM
I am THE pickiest eater bar none. Unfortunately the things I love are high in fat and sugar so you wouldn't know it from looking at me that there are more things I won't eat than will.

I can always find something to enjoy at Napa Rose :) and the CM's are fantastic in accommodating my persnicketiness. (I know that's not a real word but it fits)

candles71
10-10-2008, 12:50 PM
persnicketiness. (I know that's not a real word but it fits)

actually it is:http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/persnickety it anoun;)

Tinker Bell
10-10-2008, 12:54 PM
Thank you for your replys. I was hoping she would come to my b day dinner. I really would like to try the Napa rose. I will let her know she can eat.

dawnid
10-10-2008, 03:37 PM
LOL

I thought I was going to get flamed for making up a word. :cool:

Tinker Bell - They always have a steak (Filet/Rib Eye/NY) dish which they can prepare plain. I really am awful picky and won't try anything smelly, fishy, or mushy. :p

Tinker Bell
10-10-2008, 05:11 PM
You think you are picky. You think they will serve only the outside cut of that steak cause that is the only way she will eat steak.

DisneyJenn
10-10-2008, 06:57 PM
I am probably one of the most picky eaters you will ever meet. The only thing I could find on the menu I would even consider was the steak. Unfortunately, it came with mushrooms on it. I requested no mushrooms and they asked if I was allergic... I said yes. I'm not, but I am glad that I did because there was a mushroom sauce they would have put on it if I hadn't. They were very decent about it.

It was still the best tasting steak and mashed potatoes I've ever had in my entire life and hope to eat there again someday!

leota's necklace
10-11-2008, 11:33 AM
Thank you for your replys. I was hoping she would come to my b day dinner. I really would like to try the Napa rose. I will let her know she can eat.

Don't forget that, when sitting at the chef's counter, you can order omikase-style -- give the chef your budget and your preferences and he will create something for you. I don't know if it would make it better or worse to eat with your friend, but the option is there. :)

Tinker Bell
10-11-2008, 01:31 PM
Ohh that sounds good. My B day plans are sounding yummy.

RedwoodMaiTai
10-12-2008, 04:04 PM
Thank you for all the replies! After searching online like a maniac all weekend I still have had no luck finding the current menu.....if anyone happens to be near the Napa Rose in the next couple weeks, could you kindly take a photo of the menu posted outside of the restaurant and send it to me or post the link here? A very dear friend has invited my husband and I to meet her for dinner there and I need help convincing my husband that there is something there that he will eat.

Thank you so much!!!

adriennek
10-12-2008, 04:28 PM
I need help convincing my husband that there is something there that he will eat.

Does your husband eat either steak or pizza?

Adrienne

RedwoodMaiTai
10-12-2008, 04:30 PM
Yes, he eats both, but is extremely picky with what he will try! Are these on the menu?

adriennek
10-12-2008, 04:59 PM
They have wood oven baked pizzas on the menu and they always have a steak on the menu that can be easily "fixed" to his liking. If there's a steak and with a sauce he doesn't like - ask them to take the sauce off. It seems to me that they always seem to have some sort of mashed potatoes on the menu somewhere, too.

If he's happy with a steak, he should be fine. :)

Adrienne

yenko427
10-12-2008, 06:16 PM
Don't forget that, when sitting at the chef's counter, you can order omikase-style -- give the chef your budget and your preferences and he will create something for you. I don't know if it would make it better or worse to eat with your friend, but the option is there. :)

What is omikase style mean? We are doing the chef's counter and DH is one of the picky people......in other words it is meat and potatoes and no fancy fixins' on it. I on the other hand am going for the experience and want to try anything they throw my way. What would be the best way for us to order?

leota's necklace
10-12-2008, 06:46 PM
What is omikase style mean?

give the chef your budget and your preferences and he will create something for you.

I hate to quote myself, but the explanation is right there. See also:

http://sushiref.com/glossary/speak:omakase.html

My spelling was wrong but Google turned this up fairly quickly.

adriennek
10-12-2008, 07:02 PM
I on the other hand am going for the experience and want to try anything they throw my way. What would be the best way for us to order?

I had the opportunity to eat at the Chef's counter for the first time in June. A friend took me as her guest, so I decided to go for letting the chef pick my meal for me. It was awesome. I tried things I've always wanted to try but never was willing to order before. Most of the time they brought me my dishes and described them to me. One time they said "The chef will tell you want it is after you try it." :eek: I had a blast.

If your husband doesn't want to "risk" the chef surprising him, he could order and you could tell the chef "surprise me". But if he's picky, either way, he can definitely tell the chef what he doesn't like.

Here's what my "recommendation" is for you: If you look at the menu and see things on the menu that you really just want to try - order. If you're looking at the menu and saying "Ohmygosh, I can't possibly decide" - have the chef pick for you.

Adrienne

Tinker Bell
10-12-2008, 09:35 PM
Its my b day so I am going to go risky and do the omikase style. Wish me luck.

yenko427
10-13-2008, 04:51 AM
I hate to quote myself, but the explanation is right there. See also:

http://sushiref.com/glossary/speak:omakase.html

My spelling was wrong but Google turned this up fairly quickly.

Sorry you had to quote yourself again...I just have not heard this term before... probably because it has something to do with sushi. I guess you learn something everyday.

cstephens
10-13-2008, 10:31 AM
Here's a pdf of the menu from when we were at Napa Rose in early September. (http://www.colddeadfish.net/naparose0908menu.PDF)

yenko427
10-13-2008, 12:55 PM
Awesome, thank you!!