PDA

View Full Version : Autopia [Height Check Raised]:

Burnt Toast
10-08-2008, 11:28 AM
Effective immediately, Guests riding Autopia must be at least 32”. Guests who want to drive/ride the attraction solo must be at least 54”.

TTFN92
10-08-2008, 11:42 AM
No way :eek:! So you're saying that you can't take your little kids on it? That was always so cute to be able see my little boys steer and think they were so big. Mine are older now, but I still think that is sad.

adriennek
10-08-2008, 11:50 AM
The previous rule was that the guest had to be 1-year-old to ride. I'm not entirely surprised because they've been slowly moving to not advertise age restrictions and to put more measurable guidelines in place.

According to the CDC growth chart for boys, 32" is about 50th percentile for an 18-month-old, 80th percentile for 12-month-old. Girls would be slightly older than 18-months-old for the 50th percentile.

Adrienne

EeyoreGirl
10-08-2008, 01:24 PM
Bummer! I guess my 14 month old and I will again wait while dh and ds3 ride Autopia in December. I was looking forward to taking him on it.

Malcon10t
10-08-2008, 02:01 PM
Effective immediately, Guests riding Autopia must be at least 32”. Guests who want to drive/ride the attraction solo must be at least 54”.:::sigh::: OK, question for us... Are service dogs now barred? I mean, our pups are used to riding in MDM's 1980 Datsun 4x4 Pickup. You don't get any worse than that... I am really hoping this doesn't stop them from lying on the floor while she rides. If it does, guess I won't be riding again.

candles71
10-08-2008, 02:12 PM
Did you say "Datsun"?:eek:;)

K & S
10-08-2008, 02:21 PM
:::sigh::: OK, question for us... Are service dogs now barred? I mean, our pups are used to riding in MDM's 1980 Datsun 4x4 Pickup. You don't get any worse than that... I am really hoping this doesn't stop them from lying on the floor while she rides. If it does, guess I won't be riding again.

I guess it depends on how tall the pups are?

;)

Tan Da Man
10-08-2008, 02:37 PM
32" is only like 2 1/2" feet...I dunno about you but my dog is easily that when he sits

MickeyDogMom
10-08-2008, 02:50 PM
Did you say "Datsun"?:eek:;)

Hey! That's MY truck!!! His name is Grandpa!

1980 Datsun 4x4 Pickup

It's an '81

32" is only like 2 1/2" feet...I dunno about you but my dog is easily that when he sits

That's relative and logical. ::eye roll::

Tan Da Man
10-08-2008, 03:02 PM
That's relative and logical. ::eye roll::

And a joke...chill out

Burnt Toast
10-08-2008, 03:16 PM
:::sigh::: OK, question for us... Are service dogs now barred? I mean, our pups are used to riding in MDM's 1980 Datsun 4x4 Pickup. You don't get any worse than that... I am really hoping this doesn't stop them from lying on the floor while she rides. If it does, guess I won't be riding again.

I don't think so?

ScottC4746
10-08-2008, 03:34 PM
I think this would open a can of worms if the prohibited the service animals from being on the attraction. The only exception that I don't think ADA would mind if they restrict might be roller coasters and big drop rides.

MickeyDogMom
10-08-2008, 03:54 PM
I think this would open a can of worms if the prohibited the service animals from being on the attraction. The only exception that I don't think ADA would mind if they restrict might be roller coasters and big drop rides.

They wouldn't run into a trouble if they could show that it's not safe for the animals. I would certainly not take my dog if it was at all deemed dangerous. But the rule of thumb before was if there was a height requirement the dogs couldn't go. I'm sure it'll be published in the ADA access booklet by Disneyland.

I always get nervous when the CM says "get your dog all the way on the floorboard" of the Autopia. He can't! He's TOO big! No matter how small he curls up, his front legs are still on the seat. :D

Malcon10t
10-08-2008, 04:15 PM
They wouldn't run into a trouble if they could show that it's not safe for the animals. I would certainly not take my dog if it was at all deemed dangerous. But the rule of thumb before was if there was a height requirement the dogs couldn't go. I'm sure it'll be published in the ADA access booklet by Disneyland.

I always get nervous when the CM says "get your dog all the way on the floorboard" of the Autopia. He can't! He's TOO big! No matter how small he curls up, his front legs are still on the seat. :DThe rule of thumb, if there is a height requirement, the dogs can't ride. Our pup makes the height requirement for Star Tours (http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q133/Malcon10t/PismoMeasuresup.jpg), but still can't ride! (Actually, this pup was 2 pups ago, and considerably smaller than our current pu, he maxed out at 56 lbs.) This pup is about 80 lbs. Sitting, he makes the 32". Standing, he can drive by himself!

Oh, and MDM is always concerned about the pup. When we do this ride, I am positioned in the car behind her, and her sister is in the car in front of her. We both know our lives are at stake if her car gets bumped......