PDA

View Full Version : Just Curious

Undertaker72
11-16-2002, 07:15 PM
Hey has anybody ever taken public transportation to disneyland? Like say the buses? Just curious.

swcrazy
11-16-2002, 11:53 PM
I thought about it once but it was going to take me 2 hours to get there. By car it only takes 30 minutes but that means finding someone to drive me.

I'm so pathetic - 20 years old and other people still have to drive me places.

tod
11-17-2002, 06:26 AM
Before I learned to drive, I took the bus to Disneyland regularly. It required a one-hour ride to downtown L.A., and a connection to a 90-minute ride on the bus that goes to Disneyland.

I carried a Walkman and a good book.

When I finally learned to drive, I started making it in 35-50 minutes.

I recommend it only in times of desperation.

--T

Ghoulish Delight
11-17-2002, 09:13 AM
We took a bus, but it was stupid. It was when we first bought our APs. Back then, we did not know that if you were buying an AP with parking, you'd get credited for paying to park that day :rolleyes:. So we went ahead and took the bus. At that time, we lived really close, Beach and Chapman. It was about a 10 minute walk to Beach and Katella, then it was a 20 minute bus ride straight down Katella to Harbor.

It was so stupid of us. Firstly, we would have gotten our money back for parking. But we didn't know that, so we can be forgiven for that. But the really dumb part...with two of us, and bus fare $1 each for each direction, it cost us $4. So, even if we wouldn't have gotten our money back, it would have saved us $3. Three stinkin' dollars. Dang that was dumb.

Oh well, not as dumb as the time we decided to walk to Knott's. "It's just up the street on Beach Blvd." It's a damn long walk from Chapman to Knott's. About half way there, we were thinking "if a bus comes by, we'll hop on, forget this." But it was a weekend so of course no busses came. It took us over an hour :eek: Getting there wasn't nearly as bad, though, as getting back. After a full day in the park, having to walk an hour back home sucked!

Undertaker72
11-17-2002, 09:48 AM
Oh man. I live out here in Ontario, Calif. Was just curious if it is possible to get there by bus. And if it cost friendly also.

Berry Princess
11-17-2002, 02:24 PM
I have done it many times with my oldest son. We have only 1 car and hubby needs it for work. But we live in Huntington Beach and the bus stop for us is right in front of our place (which is nice). We have to go down Warner and then get off at Harbor. Cross the street to catch that bus and it takes us to the crosswalk to Disneyland. Really simple. I love the buses in Orange County. They are VERY easy to use and cheap compared to L.A. county. Its a $1.00 each way and if you need to ride more then 2 buses I would suggest paying the $2.50 for the day pass..which makes it so you can ride as many buses as you need that day. A friend and I have done it too. My husband would come meet up with us at dinner time and ride a few rides then head home. It worked out great. Plus my oldest loves the bus. I suggest picking up a bus book. Either the library or a mall should have them. Or you can go to http://www.octa.net/ and you can get the info there. I don't know if the rates have gone up or not. Last I used it was in May.

Berry Princess
11-17-2002, 02:42 PM
Another suggestion to get there from where you are is Amtrak. If you have a station near you then you can jump on that and go to the one by Edison Field then catch the bus to go down the street to Disneyland.

Hydroman
11-17-2002, 05:00 PM
From Ontario, I would take Metrolink to Riverside and then to Fullerton, then a bus to DL from Fullerton

Hydroman
11-17-2002, 05:02 PM
Or take Metrolink to LA and then Anaheim, then a bus (city-run resort bus) to the land.