PDA

View Full Version : New Mickey Face

slikn2000
10-04-2008, 06:07 PM
Does anyone have pictures of the new face in DCA on the what was the sun wheel?

ChipmunkStar
10-04-2008, 07:36 PM
Its not there yet.

mstaft
10-14-2008, 03:45 PM
Did the Sun Wheel finally close?

Bytebear
10-14-2008, 03:54 PM
Here is an article that might be interesting. There is one photo where you see a tiny corner of the face.

http://ocresort.freedomblogging.com/2008/10/10/new-attraction-will-keep-guests-updated-on-dca-expansion/1996/

And another with a bit of everything on the design of DCA including concept art of the Mickey's Fun Wheel.

http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2008/01/disney-california-adventure-placemaking.html

houseofmouse
10-14-2008, 04:07 PM
Disneyland.com has the Sunwheel down through the end of the year so there is more being done than just changing out the faces. It will be cool to see the new Mickey Face when it is there. :)

woody9six
10-14-2008, 07:44 PM
Oh wow! So it looks like the new E-Ticket attraction is going to be a Cars themed Test Track style ride like the one in WDW? That should be awesome!

jenniebean
10-14-2008, 08:43 PM
thanks for the links, bytebear!

Mickey's Philharmagic!!! I missed that before-- definitely my favorite thing in Fantasyland in WDW. & I'm pretty sure I'm going to burst into tears the first time I ride The Little Mermaid.

Since it looks like a lot of this won't be finished for a while, I might have to start looking into grad school out here;)

olegc
10-14-2008, 09:26 PM
Mickey's Philharmagic!!! I missed that before-- definitely my favorite thing in Fantasyland in WDW.;)

remember - that blogspot story is based on the VERY FIRST CUT of their ideas for DCA. Since then they have discovered that the MuppetVision theater is too small for Philharmagic so that idea was tabled. It doesn't mean it won't ever happen - just that it's now a backburner problem for them.

There have been other subtle changes to the original plans too. Several sites (blueskydisney.blogspot.com, miceage.com, other blogs) have posted various insider updates - but if you can visit the Bluesky Cellar at DCA you will see what is more on the "front burner" for the park.

TTFN92
10-14-2008, 09:39 PM
From what I remember, and seeing the picture, it is supposed to look like the Mickey that was at the beginning of the cartoons. There are the rays behind him just like on the cartoons. I would have to say with all of the changes being made they are going to have to change the name of DCA. Everything is being changed to a Disney theme instead of a California theme. I have no problem with that, but I do think that it will need a new name too.

DisneyFanKat
10-15-2008, 08:20 AM
Thanks for those links! Exciting stuff!!! :) Can't wait to see them! Seems like it's gonna be a long process though!

jenniebean
10-15-2008, 11:46 AM
remember - that blogspot story is based on the VERY FIRST CUT of their ideas for DCA. Since then they have discovered that the MuppetVision theater is too small for Philharmagic so that idea was tabled. It doesn't mean it won't ever happen - just that it's now a backburner problem for them.

There have been other subtle changes to the original plans too. Several sites (blueskydisney.blogspot.com, miceage.com, other blogs) have posted various insider updates - but if you can visit the Bluesky Cellar at DCA you will see what is more on the "front burner" for the park.
Thank you so much-- I've been avoiding the updates a little bit because I don't want to get too excited, I'm very impatient. But now that I've looked, I can't get enough!

Def excited for the BlueSky Cellar... I can't check it out during the preview since my non-AP bestie will be visiting, but hey, the 20th isn't THAT far off :D