PDA

View Full Version : Mickey's Trick-Or-Treat Party

Pages : [1] 2 3

kohl
10-04-2008, 07:50 AM
I think last night was the first night. I was wondering if it was the same as the years past and of course the most important question, what kind of candy did they give out this year?
Thanks

yohomama212
10-04-2008, 08:41 AM
Just woke up and still recovering! Lots of fun was had by all (party of 12) last night! Pretty much the same as last year, no complaining there.

Two major differences:
-"Pirates Wharf" didn't have all the games and the "spooky" atmosphere. Captain Hook, Peter Pan, and Wendy were there for pictures and the DJ was in the same spot running the Pirate Conga line! Nothing screams imagination like walking into DCA to discover a merry band of pirates dancing to Wang Chung's "Everybody Have Fun Tonight".
-There were two photo spots for the Princesses! Cinderella, Snow White, Belle and Pocahontas were in the Backlot. Ariel, Mulan, Sleeping Beauty, and another one I can't remember off the top of my head were up by Ariel's Grotto. Both lines were very reasonable.

Other Character locations:
-Playhouse Disney Characters (JoJo and Goliath, Leo and June, Handy Manny) by the Playhouse Disney theater.
-Villains (we spotted Lady Tremaine and the ugly stepsisters, then the Queen of Hearts) at the Golden Dreams theater.
-Mickey and Minnie- same spot as last year, can't remember the name of the location.
-Jessie and the Green Army Men by the Orange Stinger.

Definitely check out the "Bat"-lot Bash by Mosnter's Inc, to see Mr. Incredible work his dance moves. The moms around were really liking it!

They seemed to run out of the apples and carrots early on, so I think we only ended up with one pack of carrots. Mostly the usual stuff: Baby Ruth, Skittles, Tootsie Pops, Tootsie Rolls, Twix, Kit Kats,... but later in the night we were getting Ghiradelli's Squares! We didn't get as much as last year, despite having one more trick-or-treater. The restocking at some of the stations was slow so they were really rationing it out.

Wait line for TSMM- 40 minutes at 8:30.

I'm sure more will come to me as I go through the pics and re-live some of the events with the kids!

Elizabeth

kohl
10-04-2008, 08:44 AM
Thanks for the report. We can't wait till we go at the end of the month!

adriennek
10-04-2008, 10:34 AM
but later in the night we were getting Ghiradelli's Squares! We didn't get as much as last year, despite having one more trick-or-treater. The restocking at some of the stations was slow so they were really rationing it out.

I think the Ghiradelli squares at the end of the night was a bit of coincidence - we got those at one of our first stations.

The lines were odd this year. Some were really long and then a few minutes later were short.

We got at least as much candy as last year. Doc reported that one station he saw was only giving out 2 pieces each - the Ghiradelli stations were giving out just ONE but we got handfuls elsewhere.

If anyone was there last night and saw us - we got LOTS of comments on our son's Wall-E costume. :D :D :D I'm proud because my husband worked his tushie off and he did a really great job. :)

Adrienne

cstephens
10-04-2008, 01:23 PM
Not sure if they had fewer candy stations or just moved them around, but a couple places where they've had candy stations in previous years weren't there this year. We weren't as into getting candy and the event stuff itself as we were in previous years because we hung out with friends this time and just enjoyed doing that. *Loved* the Ghirardelli chocolates - that was the first thing I got. I only got one packet of apples - most places had carrots instead.

Weird that they didn't do the normal stuff at Tower of Terror area - no bat-covered entrance, not spooky music and sound effects on the Tower.

We didn't watch the parade this year, so I don't know if it's the same as last year.

dsnyredhead
10-04-2008, 02:07 PM
All kinds of candy. Our child is learning. When asked whether he wanted the "healthy substitute" he quickly responded candy! Way too much candy..but we had fun. Arg and I will have one more chance to wear our costumes at the preschool party in a few weeks.

AaronInCal
10-04-2008, 02:49 PM
Yes, the party was fun last night. They were not rationing out the candy at most of the stations I visited. Only the ones where the Ghirardelli squares were were only giving 2 a piece. But also only Carmelized Almonds! Yuck.. I was hoping for caramel filled ones! :D But still, my bag was nearly full.

Also, the calvacade, Mickey's Trick or Street on the Street was the same as last year. Music and all. It still said "Mickey's Halloween Treat" in the song. Love the music though!

JeffG
10-04-2008, 03:42 PM
Yes, the party was fun last night. They were not rationing out the candy at most of the stations I visited. Only the ones where the Ghirardelli squares were were only giving 2 a piece.

We left the park around 10:30pm or so and stopped off at the treat station they had set up right next to the exit. At least at that time, they were pretty much scooping huge handfuls of candy into the bags (kind of trying to top them off) and this included the Ghirardelli squares.

-Jeff

hapyg0luky
10-04-2008, 05:10 PM
I'm so excited!!! I can't wait to go now!!!:D

If anyone was there last night and saw us - we got LOTS of comments on our son's Wall-E costume. :D :D :D I'm proud because my husband worked his tushie off and he did a really great job. :)

Sorry to go off topic, but I absolutly love your son's Wall-E costume!!!!!Do you have a pic posted somewhere else. I'd love to see all the details. Big kudos to your husband!!!!

adriennek
10-04-2008, 09:38 PM
Sorry to go off topic, but I absolutly love your son's Wall-E costume!!!!!Do you have a pic posted somewhere else. I'd love to see all the details. Big kudos to your husband!!!!

I'm working on getting a bigger picture posted in my album. ;) I'll post when I do.

Adrienne

Mary Jo
10-05-2008, 06:51 PM
We had a lot of fun last night, too. This year we danced at the Pirates Wharf and enjoyed it. :)

Love your son's wall-e costume - that was really ingenious.

My bag was almost completely full of candy, and we were hitting the lines, but we weren't only out for the candy. We were getting handfuls, too, and got our Ghiradelli squares at the beginning of the night. They ran out early, too, over by Grizzly River, but then they were quickly restocking the boxes.

Got to ride TSMM for the first time - that was so much fun!!

Thank you for the treat!!! That was a nice gesture and fun to have. :)

mowsluver
10-05-2008, 07:03 PM
We are going to Mickey's T or T Party on 10/16 and from what I've been reading it seems like we will have tons of fun!!
I take it that the adults can get candy too? Or is it just the kids? Do a lot of adults wear costumes? I am trying to get the whole family to dress up but not having too much luck....yet!!!

Shinku
10-05-2008, 07:04 PM
Weird that they didn't do the normal stuff at Tower of Terror area - no bat-covered entrance, not spooky music and sound effects on the Tower.

I actually have something to add to this part! lol

My family's crane company has been the ones to load up and "Set" the bat facades. They are incredibly heavy and difficult to maneuver. This year, we were told that they were not going to be used and that disney was going to "re-imagineer" them to make them less awkward and more interactive.

So you're correct, no bat entrance, but hopefully something cooler next year.

IdahoMike
10-05-2008, 07:17 PM
Can't wait for this on the 16th! Great Wall-E costume, by the way.

Other than what was posted above, did anyone encounter any other villains, or rare characters? My kids love to meet the characters, especially ones they don't see very often.

thanks,
Mike

Mary Jo
10-05-2008, 07:44 PM
We saw Maleficient & Cruella among the villains, and over in Hollywood Backlot Sully, Princess Atta and Flik were dancing with everyone - Thriller, no less. ha ha

adriennek
10-05-2008, 08:17 PM
We had a very "special" character interaction with a very unlikely character: Bowler Hat Guy.

AVP and I were walking towards the (formerly) Golden Dreams theater on our way to meet up with our group. When I saw BHG, I mentioned to her that I was bummed my boys weren't around because they enjoy his movie.

As we approached BHG, AVP told him "We wish her kids were here because they love you."

I looked at him and said "Well, no, they don't actually like YOU, they like your movie." He pulled back. I continued: "Have you SEEN your movie? You're not a very nice person."

Just then my M started to walk up and we called over to him "Hey, M! Look!"

BGH started to mess around with my M and at this point it became confusing. His handler came out to say it was time for him to go in and another lady came up from the side saying "Can we get your picture?" But here's where the magic happened. I didn't realize it right away but BHG was totally ignoring her and in the middle of the "confusion" was focused on my M. They kept on going. The handler was trying to get BHG to leave, the lady was trying to get him to pose and BHG was totally focused on my M. Eventually I realized - he was looking at me to POSE for my camera. (I don't think he was confused about who was asking for pictures because she was on the OTHER side of BHG and behind him. No where near where I was.)

I snapped a couple of pictures before we left.

I thought it was one of the nicest interactions we've had with a character who was really focused on MY kid. I've heard other people have them but this one really stands out in my mind as the time a character IGNORED everyone else, LOL. How villainous of him. ;)

Adrienne

olegc
10-09-2008, 07:47 PM
so - two weeks of treat - and I have not seen anyone post the map, experience, what rides were open, etc. - or did I just miss it? My kids want to know if TSMM is open

cstephens
10-09-2008, 10:05 PM
so - two weeks of treat - and I have not seen anyone post the map, experience, what rides were open, etc. - or did I just miss it? My kids want to know if TSMM is open

Yes, Midway Mania was open. As for everything else, it's pretty much like it was last year.

Some of us talked about it a little on the MousePad meets thread.

What else do you want to know?

olegc
10-10-2008, 07:05 AM
Yes, Midway Mania was open. As for everything else, it's pretty much like it was last year.

Some of us talked about it a little on the MousePad meets thread.

What else do you want to know?

I went and looked at the thread - so I guess I am informed now..

yohomama212
10-10-2008, 03:35 PM
I posted a bit of info here too:

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=116591

Elizabeth

oohykitten
10-10-2008, 03:57 PM
I've heard other people have them but this one really stands out in my mind as the time a character IGNORED everyone else, LOL. How villainous of him. ;)

Adrienne

Cruiella did that once for my son when he was maybe 9 months old. Everyone was cutting in line and she told the kids "shoo shoo your dirty and like dogs with out the fur that I love" and then pulled my arm a bit and started talking with my son and making him giggle. Ignoring everyone. It was nice of her, I like that she can be mean :lol

dsnyredhead
10-13-2008, 11:57 AM
My son was dressed as Leo and when our friends found him everyone rallied around him until we could get over for a picture with our four year old...seen in the avatar. It was very funny.

tchatters
10-13-2008, 06:45 PM
Just back from the Trick or Treat party on 10/10! It was our first time and we had a great time! The CMs seemed to be especially loving their jobs and having a genuinely fun time at work.

One thing my DS was a little disappointed by- he's 5 and came up with our costumes. We went as Phineas, Ferb and Isabella. Not one, ONE person knew who we were. DS actually said to one CM at a trick or treat station "Uh... It's a Disney show... on Disney channel... don't you watch your own station?" She laughed and said she has to work too much. Oh well- he kept his hair green the entire next day just for fun because he liked it.

adriennek
10-13-2008, 07:00 PM
One thing my DS was a little disappointed by- he's 5 and came up with our costumes. We went as Phineas, Ferb and Isabella. Not one, ONE person knew who we were.

FWIW, if my kids had been there, they would've known. They're addicted to Ph&F.

Adrienne

tchatters
10-14-2008, 05:41 AM
FWIW, if my kids had been there, they would've known. They're addicted to Ph&F.

Adrienne

That would have made him very very happy! We didn't expect many in the crowd to recognize us... but even I was surprised that only one CM knew who we were once DS even said "I'm Ferb from Phineas and Ferb!" Generally, he got blank stares.