PDA

View Full Version : Most shocking thing you've seen snuck into the park?

Pages : [1] 2

oohykitten
10-03-2008, 02:14 PM
The camera post reminded me of our trip two weeks ago. We were in line at the main gate into Disneyland, didn't think anything off it...went through with our stroller started walking down the tunnel as this dad asks his stroller basket if "she is ok". Which I thought was strange, then this little girl I would say no more then 7 pops out from the basket. They snuck their kid in! I asked the CM working the bank of main st what to do and she just said it happens too often to really do anything about it.

I have never seen something so bold in my life, let alone got away with it!

And I won't even get into the guy we saw arrested at the GCH for peeing on the wall infront of kids. Thank god Anaheim PD had him arrested in no time flat.

Cathy at the Park
10-03-2008, 02:24 PM
Two summer ago I saw someone in Fantasyland using a knife to cut fruit while they were strolling along. The shocking part is that it was a HUGE knife. Kind of like in the movie Crocodile Dundee when thugs are waving around their knives and the titular character whips out his knife and they flee.

I didn't see the actual sneaking, but I am guessing that it would have been stopped at security, had it been seen.

Cathy

Tan Da Man
10-03-2008, 03:31 PM
well I have snuck a pair of guns into the park many time ;)

MiaTurner
10-03-2008, 04:08 PM
Cheezits :p

I can never remember if outside food or drink is still allowed, but I got stopped for it one time a few years ago and just went back to the parking lot to hide it in another pocket. I'm pretty sure that was a while ago though, I haven't been stopped for it since.

mycutekitties
10-03-2008, 05:19 PM
Well on the same lines we were walking back to HoJos and someone was walking in the HoJos parking lot with a Disneyland stroller!! I asked them how they got that out and they said "No one stopped us so we took it with us and will use it tomorrow" Me and Dh just shook our heads. :confused:

Wobble
10-03-2008, 05:22 PM
I can't honestly say I've snuck anything too shocking into the park, except for little snacks, but it's usually just a granola bar!! :]

californiagirlx7
10-03-2008, 05:28 PM
I almost always bring a water bottle, but that isn't too shocking. I am the type of person who gets caught for doing something wrong one time...I have terrible luck.

I can't believe you saw a guy peeing outside at GCH, I would've died if I saw that. That's just disgusting.

zombie pirate
10-03-2008, 05:49 PM
A joint

K & S
10-03-2008, 07:02 PM
Well...the truth be told, on cold nights I regularly sneak in a flask with brandy.

Let's just keep that between us.

;)

woody9six
10-03-2008, 09:23 PM
A 7 inch professional camera lens apparently.:D

backsthepack
10-04-2008, 06:11 AM
The most shocking thing I have seen people with has been pot. I have seen that a couple of times over the years.

For us, we always walk in with a bottle of Dr.Pepper. We don't hide it or anything. We hate the offerings as far as soda inside Disneyland. So we always bring just one bottle of Dr.Pepper to last us for a bit before we switch to Coke. We have never been stopped for it. We just carry it in and no one ever says a word.

The Evil Queen
10-04-2008, 06:46 AM
I think I've seen other threads 'bout this, but...

I've actually seen families do the whole tuna thing. Right down to making their tuna sandwiches with "borrowed" mayo.

But, hey. If you can pull it off...right? I just wouldn't want to tote all that stuff around with me. I'm a big fan of the birthday tortilla give away at DCA. ;)

kohl
10-04-2008, 07:40 AM
well I have snuck a pair of guns into the park many time ;)

If you weren't from AZ, I would think you are my husband! :eek:

tchatters
10-04-2008, 08:17 AM
The camera post reminded me of our trip two weeks ago. We were in line at the main gate into Disneyland, didn't think anything off it...went through with our stroller started walking down the tunnel as this dad asks his stroller basket if "she is ok". Which I thought was strange, then this little girl I would say no more then 7 pops out from the basket. They snuck their kid in! I asked the CM working the bank of main st what to do and she just said it happens too often to really do anything about it.

I have never seen something so bold in my life, let alone got away with it!

And I won't even get into the guy we saw arrested at the GCH for peeing on the wall infront of kids. Thank god Anaheim PD had him arrested in no time flat.

I am reminded of a time in high school on a date to the drive-in's where a guy asked me to kneel on the floor and cover myself with a blanket because he didn't have enough money to pay for both of us... Needless to say, it was our only date and it was very very short.

This summer we saw someone sneak in a little tiny chihuahua in a purse. The dog had been zipped in going through the turnstile but I have no idea how they got it through security. Later when we saw them going into the queue for Space, a CM stopped and asked them about the dog. She said it was an "emotional support dog". Uh-Huh... My friend who's daughter is autistic has a massive golden retriever emotional therapy dog- he wears a jacket and isn't zipped in a purse going through the turnstile.

I hope that poor dog didn't have a heart attack on Space because it looked like she planned on carrying him in and riding with him.

santoanderson
10-04-2008, 08:42 AM
^^^
Yeah, that's when you go get an emergency blanket... or a spouse. Just imagine that thing having a heart attack, or dropping out of the car. They'd probably sue Disney.
I remember once seeing somebody sneaking in one of those supermarket rotisserie chickens. Problem was you could tell they just bought it because it smelled good, and there was no hiding the odor. I'm sure I've seen knives once or twice, but that was a while ago.
Wouldn't it be possible for Disney Imagineers to install some sort of "magical metal detector" at the turnstiles? Hmmm, maybe not. :~D

AnotherJenny
10-04-2008, 09:15 AM
Once while park hopping to DCA I saw a woman send her 4-5 year old into the park with "Auntie." Then the kid took the ticket, crawled back through the turnstiles while the CM wasn't looking and gave the ticket to the mom.

Malcon10t
10-04-2008, 09:24 AM
This summer we saw someone sneak in a little tiny chihuahua in a purse. The dog had been zipped in going through the turnstile but I have no idea how they got it through security. Later when we saw them going into the queue for Space, a CM stopped and asked them about the dog. She said it was an "emotional support dog". Uh-Huh... My friend who's daughter is autistic has a massive golden retriever emotional therapy dog- he wears a jacket and isn't zipped in a purse going through the turnstile. Sure it wasn't a pink poodle??

BTW - Emotional Support dogs are not covered by ADA. Most likely your friend's daughter has what is classified a "Skilled Companion", which is classified a service dog and covered under the ADA. And most likely the pup you saw was not a service dog at all, as we walk through the gate with our dogs, but you probably knew that...

Cathy at the Park
10-04-2008, 09:29 AM
Malcon10t--
I am having a picture in my mind of you DRAGGING a HUGE purse with your service dog stuffed inside.

(I, too, have seen wee purse dogs in the Park, but always assumed that they had a special dispensation)

Cathy

genericeric
10-04-2008, 09:45 AM
Someone once snuck a Paris Hilton into the park.

Rather see a purse dog

Tan Da Man
10-04-2008, 10:34 AM
If you weren't from AZ, I would think you are my husband! :eek:

He must be awesome then!

Malcon10t
10-04-2008, 10:42 AM
Malcon10t--
I am having a picture in my mind of you DRAGGING a HUGE purse with your service dog stuffed inside.Our current dog is almost 80 lbs. We would need a rolling luggage cart.

Last year, our current pup was a young one, and we really wanted to take him to the Halloween Trick or Treat. He was legal to go, but we were concerned about him getting stepped on as he was only about 30 lbs. So the little Jedi Padawan puppy learned to ride on the ECV floor (http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q133/Malcon10t/LacSunkHalloween.jpg).

Raven
10-04-2008, 10:46 AM
Malcon10T - I LOVE your doggie pictures!

jenniebean
10-04-2008, 01:30 PM
Last year, our current pup was a young one, and we really wanted to take him to the Halloween Trick or Treat. He was legal to go, but we were concerned about him getting stepped on as he was only about 30 lbs. So the little Jedi Padawan puppy learned to ride on the ECV floor (http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q133/Malcon10t/LacSunkHalloween.jpg).

omgomgomg SO CUTE!

MickeyDogMom
10-04-2008, 01:47 PM
I've seen knives, switchblades, and the like, I can't figure out why someone needs a knife in DL. I'm sure there's a once in a lifetime need to use it but in reality, a 6-inch knife? I can possibly ignore a 2 inch pocket knife.

What makes me nervous are the giant zippo lighters.

Anything in an idiot's hands is a dangerous weapon.

Malcon10t--
I am having a picture in my mind of you DRAGGING a HUGE purse with your service dog stuffed inside.

(I, too, have seen wee purse dogs in the Park, but always assumed that they had a special dispensation)

I think my arm would snap under the weight. I'm pretty strong and can barely carry my boy.

I have NO problem telling on purse dogs I see anywhere. I always worry they are going to bite someone (purse dogs can have social issues) and/or be traumatized. Disneyland especially, I cannot imagine risking my boy on a ride like IJ or SM. I get nervous allowing him on rides he's allowed to go on.

Cathy at the Park
10-04-2008, 02:03 PM
MDM--

Last week I saw a couple, both of whom were using Rascal-type scooters. One had a dog sitting in the foot well. It was a medium sized dog 20-ish pounds. People were approaching to 'oojie-woojie-woojie' the dog and he was not behaving like a service dog. He was snappy and jumpy. The woman half of the couple kept squirting the dog in the face from a spray bottle ( I am assuming to get the dog to stop yipping). What would you have done? To whom would you report a non-service service dog. I know that ADA rules means one cannot ask for 'proof' of being a true service dog. The whole situation made me a bit nervous. As there were only adults involved in the scenario, I just moved along as soon as I could. I trust your judgement on this issue, you as close to an 'expert' in the field as I know.

Cathy

I completely agree with you about 'purse' sized dogs. I have one, he was a rescue, and I do not EVER put him in situations that try his patience.