PDA

View Full Version : Holiday date for all entertainment now set...

olegc
10-03-2008, 02:06 PM
It may have been posted earlier but I could not find it.

Today a press release about the coming events during the Halloween/Holiday period came out. The date of November 21st was annouced as to the official start of the Christman Fantasy Parade and Believe... in Holday Magic start.

Here is the release..
http://www.disneylandnews.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=347

pisces
10-05-2008, 12:17 PM
Electrical Parade not until December 19

olegc
10-05-2008, 02:55 PM

ah yes, but does that have a tie in to the holiday theming? i think that's why it was left off of the press release - no direct tie.

potzbie
10-06-2008, 08:28 PM
Don't forget the un-scheduled entertainment (those who do not appear on the paper schedule at the gate).

I look forward the Dickens Carolers. (Christmas songs sung by men and women, in four part harmony, dressed in 19th century English winter clothes.)

olegc
10-06-2008, 09:04 PM
Don't forget the un-scheduled entertainment (those who do not appear on the paper schedule at the gate).

I look forward the Dickens Carolers. (Christmas songs sung by men and women, in four part harmony, dressed in 19th century English winter clothes.)

except when they do their elvis portion, or the innuendo songs they did last holiday season. Ruined the illusion for me.

cstephens
10-06-2008, 10:20 PM
except when they do their elvis portion, or the innuendo songs they did last holiday season. Ruined the illusion for me.

I still wish they sang about meat sandwiches in winter and bathtubs of cheese.

stonejoel23
10-06-2008, 11:05 PM
Hey guys

I just got off the phone with a Disney Representative at the hotel. She said around Nov 2 begins the holiday overlay of the park.

However, the disneyland site states that it will begin on Nov 21 (as was discussed on this forum)

Now considering the two sources I've come across, I assume that decorations will start appearing little by little during the first three weeks of november and will be complete by Nov the 21. WHen the website says Nov 21, its really talking about the parade, castle, smallworld and big thunder ranch, right? That dosn't mean I won't be seeing decorations around the park during the first three weeks of november, right?

I probably should be posting this on the "planning your trip" forum, but I see nobody has touched that sience earlier this year. :) But I have two choices on how I'm going to spend my trip and It would be nice to get feedback from you guys.

1st option is to spend Nov 10-13 at the park. MK:-12A.M CA:10-8pm
2nd option is to spend Nov 17-20the at the park. MK10-8:00pm CA 10-6 pm

Now both options will cost me the same however the first option will mean more hours at the park (But will that mean a less decorated park? :(

The 2nd option will be less park hours, but will it mean a more laviciously decorated park considering more time has passed by? :D

What do you guys think? How would anybody in here choose?

olegc
10-07-2008, 07:16 AM
Hey guys

I just got off the phone with a Disney Representative at the hotel. She said around Nov 2 begins the holiday overlay of the park.

However, the disneyland site states that it will begin on Nov 21 (as was discussed on this forum)

Now considering the two sources I've come across, I assume that decorations will start appearing little by little during the first three weeks of november and will be complete by Nov the 21. WHen the website says Nov 21, its really talking about the parade, castle, smallworld and big thunder ranch, right? That dosn't mean I won't be seeing decorations around the park during the first three weeks of november, right?

Now both options will cost me the same however the first option will mean more hours at the park (But will that mean a less decorated park? :(

The 2nd option will be less park hours, but will it mean a more laviciously decorated park considering more time has passed by? :D

All of the park decorations will be up probably by Nov 10th. the parade, Reindeer Roundup, and other entertainment may then start softly prior to the 21st. I think that the parade and Believe actually may not start until the 21st because it's a formal date - but you will see the stuff out that takes longer.

I also think that some of the holiday treats and foods may be out earlier too - but that is harder to track from year to year. To me - I would take option 2 only because you have more chance to see more holiday items. you are there for four days the week before Thanksgiving - the park won't be that busy (some locals will start coming later in the day) so there is plenty of time to see and do most everything available.

HauntedKid
10-07-2008, 10:22 AM

WHERE DID YOU FIND THAT INFO??...
AAHH THAT`S SO SAD, IM NOT GONNA BE THERE BY THAT TIME...
AND I KEEP READING THAT THE CASTLE OF SLEEPING BEAUTY WILL BE OPEN IN DECEMBER BUT I DONT GET DATES....:crying: DECEMBER THE FIRST, SECOND....?

Rteneyck
10-07-2008, 12:52 PM
We are planning a quick trip over on Nov 13 - 16 and I was wondering if any of the xmas stuff will be up yet. I have never went in Nov. before so I wasn't sure how the crowds would be this weekend either?

Andrew
10-07-2008, 12:55 PM
Rteneyck, I've merged your question into an existing thread on this topic; see above for responses.

chdekv
10-07-2008, 06:39 PM
Does anyone know if there is going to be a Christmas Processional at Disneyland this year? I couldn't find it on the Disneyland website.

chdekv
10-07-2008, 06:43 PM
nevermind...i found my answer =]
Dec 6th and 7th

Malcon10t
10-07-2008, 07:16 PM
2nd option is to spend Nov 17-20the at the park. MK10-8:00pm CA 10-6 pmFirst, Nov 10 and 11 have extended hours because it is Veterans Day holiday, and the crowds will be heavier. Nov. 3rd starts the removal of the Halloween decor and putting up the Christmas decor. You have a better chance seeing the Christmas tree and possibly riding IASW if you go the second week. And while you will have shorter hours, you will also have smaller crowds. And Fantasmic! will be playing.

BUT, on the 10th and 11th, they should have fireworks, winds permitting. After the 11th, there are no parades til the 21st.

Malcon10t
10-07-2008, 07:19 PM
All of the park decorations will be up probably by Nov 10th. the parade, Reindeer Roundup, and other entertainment may then start softly prior to the 21st. I think that the parade and Believe actually may not start until the 21st because it's a formal date - but you will see the stuff out that takes longer.I don't think I would count on it "all" being up by the 10th. They have to take down all the Halloween decor first, and that starts on the 3rd. I would expect to possibly start seeing some decor going up on the 10th. I think someone said the tree is going in about the 17th.

letitsnow
10-08-2008, 07:56 AM
is it true???

Additional holiday highlights include the return, Nov. 21, of the ``it`s a small world`` holiday attraction, celebrating holiday traditions around the world. Guests will visit Santa Claus throughout the season at Santa`s Reindeer Round-up in Big Thunder Ranch, and those looking for a unique experience may book time with a guide for Disney`s Holiday tours.

will small world be open???

olegc
10-08-2008, 08:09 AM
is it true???

Additional holiday highlights include the return, Nov. 21, of the ``it`s a small world`` holiday attraction, celebrating holiday traditions around the world. Guests will visit Santa Claus throughout the season at Santa`s Reindeer Round-up in Big Thunder Ranch, and those looking for a unique experience may book time with a guide for Disney`s Holiday tours.

will small world be open???

yes - that was the plan all along - bring it back in time for Holiday overlay. All of the more polular fan sites have stated internal sources claim things will be ready. in fact - one even said the new stuff is in too (for after the holidays) but we won't see it until late january. IASWH will last until 1/4/09.

HauntedKid
10-08-2008, 08:36 PM
Ok...but does anyone know something about the electrical parade?...thanx

pisces
10-09-2008, 03:13 PM
WHERE DID YOU FIND THAT INFO??...
AAHH THAT`S SO SAD, IM NOT GONNA BE THERE BY THAT TIME...
AND I KEEP READING THAT THE CASTLE OF SLEEPING BEAUTY WILL BE OPEN IN DECEMBER BUT I DONT GET DATES....:crying: DECEMBER THE FIRST, SECOND....?

It's on Disneyland's own site....The Electrical Parade doesn't show up, on their schedule, until December 19....and every day for the rest of December.

I don't know about January, though....they don't have the entertainment for January up yet.

pisces
10-09-2008, 03:19 PM

In terms of value.....I think more time for your money is always the better deal.

You also have to consider weather and climate. November is a strange month weather-wise in Southern California. You could have anything from Indian Summer heatwaves to extreme winds. There's been heavy rain in the past, sometimes in November....

I still remember that one heatwave a couple of years ago when the temps got up to 90 +++ with the tree and snow shows going !

And, there again, time is your friend if you are battling unpredictable weather.

The more time in the Park, the better !