PDA

View Full Version : Blue Sky Cellar preview for AP holders!

Pages : [1] 2

olegc
10-03-2008, 02:02 PM
It's on the AP website under News and Events...

"Preview the Walt Disney Imagineering Blue Sky Cellar Before It Opens to the PublicGet a glimpse into the future of Disney's California Adventure® Park through the eyes of Walt Disney Imagineers. Take advantage of a special Passholder privilege by visiting the Blue Sky Cellar on October 16, 17, 18 and 19, 2008 before it opens to the public.*

Marvel at the creative process used to develop current ideas into future attractions. Imagineers have revealed an abundance of materials in the Walt Disney Imagineering Blue Sky Cellar where innovative concepts are cultivated:

Sketches, concept art, models and maquettes
Note cards describing plans for new attractions, shops, shows and restaurants
A video journal featuring the Imagineer's creative progress displayed on a spectacular 103-inch plasma television.

Also, answer a variety of trivia questions on one of four interactive video screens to learn more about Walt Disney's adventures in California and how they inspired shows and attractions at Disney's California Adventure® Park.

Additional Information

Wheelchair Access: Enter through the standard queue.
Preview times are Oct. 16 – Oct 19 10:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. daily

* Previews are on a first-come, first-serve basis and may involve long wait times. Each Guest must show a valid Annual Passport to be permitted entry during these specific preview times. Blockout days apply."

mkraemer
10-03-2008, 07:01 PM
Drat! This is (yet another) one of those instances when I am sorry that I live 400 miles away from Disneyland. :crying:

sure do wish this preview was happening next weekend, when I'm at the park! I would love to see this preview.

olegc
10-03-2008, 09:56 PM
Drat! This is (yet another) one of those instances when I am sorry that I live 400 miles away from Disneyland. :crying:

sure do wish this preview was happening next weekend, when I'm at the park! I would love to see this preview.

well, after the preview it will be open to the public - and I bet people will miss it and at times there will be no line.. C'mon, it's DCA - who goes there anyway!?! :fez:

mstaft
10-14-2008, 03:44 PM
To see the new preview center? If so, PLEASE take pictures to share. I'v seen some of the new artwork for the park expansion, and it is beautiful! Thanks!

AVP
10-14-2008, 08:18 PM
To see the new preview center? If so, PLEASE take pictures to share. I'v seen some of the new artwork for the park expansion, and it is beautiful! Thanks!No, but I'm going to the media preview tomorrow. Does that count? ;)

AVP

Tinker Bell
10-14-2008, 08:58 PM
I will be there 10am.

olegc
10-14-2008, 10:01 PM
No, but I'm going to the media preview tomorrow. Does that count? ;)

AVP

It does - but you don't - you media honk!:p

really, I'm just jealous. Should start my own web site so I can get in..
I was going to go Thursday morning - but I have an important conf all at 10am on Thursday - so maybe later that afternoon.

dznyphreak
10-14-2008, 10:16 PM
No, but I'm going to the media preview tomorrow. Does that count? ;)

AVP
Do we get a mid-week update on that, or do we have to wait until Monday for the DLR Update?

AVP
10-14-2008, 10:26 PM
Do we get a mid-week update on that, or do we have to wait until Monday for the DLR Update?Honestly, it depends on how late the event runs. I'll probably post photos here tomorrow, but save the write up for Monday.

AVP

BaySickClothing
10-14-2008, 11:13 PM
To see the new preview center? If so, PLEASE take pictures to share. I'v seen some of the new artwork for the park expansion, and it is beautiful! Thanks!

i will be there on thursday

mstaft
10-15-2008, 05:27 AM
Dear Admin-
I am happily and jealously envious! :)
But - and I'm sure I speak for many, you can appease our envy with a great little trip report with photos... ;)

gothemi
10-15-2008, 08:14 AM
Does anybody know if they allow guests with AP holders? We are visiting this weekend with friends and they are AP holders. Is there a guest ticket for us humble unworthy non AP holders that our friends (with APs) and us can tour the attraction together. Basically, can they bring us with them.

I ask because our friends are new AP holders and aren't sure themselves.

MousePlanet AutoPoster
10-15-2008, 09:00 AM
ANAHEIM, Calif., October 15, 2008 – Beginning October 20, Guests will view working models as well as dozens of concepts and sketches from Disney Imagineers, the creative minds behind the design and construction of Disney theme parks and attractions.

More... (http://www.disneylandnews.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=349)

MousePlanet AutoPoster
10-15-2008, 12:40 PM
Disney unveils a 1920s theme for California Adventure (http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=T&ct=us/0-0&fd=R&url=http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-disney16-2008oct16,0,4646061.story&cid=0&ei=KlX2SOTjE4v6lQTox9iLCQ&usg=AFQjCNEkYK27T2kMbW7rHhjAqE-p7i7Ldw)
Los Angeles Times, CA - 33 minutes ago
In the same way that Disneyland's Main Street evokes Disney's hometown of Marceline, Mo., at the turn of the last century, the new California Adventure will ...

More... (http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=T&ct=us/0-0&fd=R&url=http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-disney16-2008oct16,0,4646061.story&cid=0&ei=KlX2SOTjE4v6lQTox9iLCQ&usg=AFQjCNEkYK27T2kMbW7rHhjAqE-p7i7Ldw)

yohomama212
10-15-2008, 12:58 PM
Where is the Blue Sky Cellar? DS is out of school tomorrow and the way the week is looking I might need to get away. This might be something fun and different to do while we're there!

Elizabeth

dznyphreak
10-15-2008, 02:24 PM
Where is the Blue Sky Cellar? DS is out of school tomorrow and the way the week is looking I might need to get away. This might be something fun and different to do while we're there!

Elizabeth

It's in the former Seasons of the Vine theater by the wine restaurant (the name escapes me at the moment).

AVP
10-15-2008, 03:23 PM
you can appease our envy with a great little trip report with photos... ;)Will this do for now (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/blog.php?b=287)?

AVP

mstaft
10-15-2008, 04:30 PM
Great News From the Disneyland Media department :
-----------------------------------------
15 October 2008

Blue Sky Cellar Unveils Exciting New Magic Coming to Disney’s California Adventure Park
ANAHEIM, Calif., October 15, 2008 – Nestled in the Golden Vine Winery at the base of Grizzly Peak in Disney’s California Adventure Park, the Walt Disney Imagineering Blue Sky Cellar is a place where Guests will get an exclusive sneak preview of what is new and what is in store for the expansion of the Disneyland Resort. Beginning October 20, Guests will view working models as well as dozens of concepts and sketches from Disney Imagineers, the creative minds behind the design and construction of Disney theme parks and attractions.

With Blue Sky Cellar, Guests will be invited for the first time to preview works in progress at Disneyland Resort by immersing themselves in a facsimile of an Imagineering workspace. Based on the belief that idea gathering is best when “the sky’s the limit,” the Blue Sky Cellar is designed to resemble an Imagineering “charette,”an extended creative idea development meeting. Guests receive an inside-look at how Imagineers take “blue sky” ideas and refine them into the classic storytelling that characterizes Disney Theme Park attractions and adventures.

In this whimsical immersive setting, Imagineers have taken over a former wine cellar and set up shop. Wine barrels have turned into work stations and the former wine tasting room has become a screening room where videos showcase the behind-the-scenes magic that goes into the creation of new and upcoming attractions for Disney’s California Adventure.

Guests will view several new attraction models, including the newly envisioned Paradise Pier area with its turn-of-the-20th-Century look, ride vehicle maquettes from Toy Story Mania!; and the new character overlays to the Games of the Boardwalk. Special features include updates and character additions to attractions such as Mickey’s Fun Wheel (an enhancement of the current Sun Wheel) and Silly Symphony Swings (a refreshed and rethemed Orange Stinger).

Brand new sketches and artwork line the walls including images of the new entrance area, soon to be known as Buena Vista Street, which will bring to life a nostalgic look at Los Angeles from the 1920s and 30s when Walt Disney first arrived in California; a Red Car trolley, reminiscent of the Pacific Electric Railway; and a new central plaza area including a replica of the Carthay Circle Theatre, where Walt premiered Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

The “coming soon” area features images of Disney’s World of Color and The Little Mermaid attraction, and looks even further ahead to Cars Land, a 12-acre expansion of the Park which will bring to life the town of Radiator Springs from the Disney/Pixar animated film Cars, complete with three new attractions for the whole family. Additionally, Guests in Blue Sky Cellar will have fun testing their knowledge of Disney trivia at one of the interactive workstations.

The screening room features Imagineers describing the approach and vision of the Disney California Adventure expansion. Guests will see footage of model-making, sculpting, blue sky meetings and all the aspects of bringing a Disney concept to life.

Included in the original announcement of the multi-year expansion of the Disneyland Resort in Fall 2007, the Blue Sky Cellar is part of the overall commitment to keep the community and Disneyland Resort Guests informed of the exciting new and upcoming plans for the Resort. Future updates will focus on other new areas and attractions, and Guests are invited to return periodically for additional exciting information.

-------------------------------------------------

Sounding REAL Good!

Mark

mstaft
10-15-2008, 04:32 PM
NICE- thanks! This does GREAT!!!!! :cool:

jenniebean
10-15-2008, 05:22 PM
Thank you, AVP, for the thorough coverage-- & up so soon!

Any mention if the red car attraction will feature any of the Roger Rabbit storyline? I would doubt it since he's over in Toon Town, but the connection is there...

Got teary eyed at the sight of Radiator Springs-- Cars is the first Disney movie my dad has actually like, asked if we could watch again, & on my way back from school last year we took Rt 66 & stopped at most of the places that inspired stuff in the movie. You know, classic Dad & daughter kind of thing.

I really can't wait for that to open. & I hope it inspires more people to take the Rt 66 trip because it's wonderful!

AVP-- are a certain number of people allowed in there at a time? Like, I could see this getting very crowded very quickly.

pixar
10-15-2008, 05:52 PM
From the early sketches and pitch on the Wonderful World of Color show, I can't wait to see it when it's done!

AVP
10-15-2008, 06:13 PM
From the early sketches and pitch on the Wonderful World of Color show, I can't wait to see it when it's done!Let's be honest, Steve Davison could pitch just about anything and make it sound amazing. His pitch for Luminaria was way more entertaining than the show itself turned out to be, though I fully recognize that a number of the elements he planned for that show had to be cut.

AVP

janell
10-15-2008, 08:39 PM
Thanks for the sneak peek AVP. It all looks great. I just don't like the entrance, I saw it and thought its MGM Studios, oh wait, Hollywood Studios or what ever its called. It need something more then what you can find at other resorts. Its disapointing, but oh well, thats my two cents.

PhiSigDuchessCV
10-16-2008, 07:54 PM
Thanks for the sneak peek AVP. It all looks great. I just don't like the entrance, I saw it and thought its MGM Studios, oh wait, Hollywood Studios or what ever its called. It need something more then what you can find at other resorts. Its disapointing, but oh well, thats my two cents.

Janell,

I'm with you, when I read about Buena Vista Street I immediately thought that it's going to be a bit reminiscent of Disney Studios (wonder if they'll bring in a Brown Derby). Then when I saw the drawings for the entrance and that is definitely looking like Disney Studios entrance.

Oh and I wonder if the Little Mermaid attaction will be the same show as in Florida or if it will actually be a ride.

I do like some of the concepts, this may be just what is needed for DCA. As long as they leave Soarin Over California alone.

Carolyn

olegc
10-16-2008, 08:32 PM
Janell,

Oh and I wonder if the Little Mermaid attraction will be the same show as in Florida or if it will actually be a ride.

Ride. Sample of what it might be was on the Mermaid DVD released a few years ago. They had an interesting ride -through using paper models and camera angles. reportedly this would be the most technically advanced animatronically detailed attraction they have built in some time. but that's all speculation.