PDA

View Full Version : Camera Crew running down Main St.? [October 3]

janell
10-03-2008, 09:54 AM
About 8:45 this morning, I saw a bunch of people running down main street. Two people had what looked like movie cameras. Does anyone know what was going on?

DisneyDustin22
10-03-2008, 09:58 AM
probably people who got by security with "professional cameras" and were making a run for it! :p

houseofmouse
10-03-2008, 10:07 AM
Commercial??

dznyphreak
10-03-2008, 11:02 AM
I don't see why people shooting a commercial would be running...those are usually nice, fixed set-ups.

Maybe they were pro-camera smugglers. ;)

janell
10-03-2008, 11:06 AM
probably people who got by security with "professional cameras" and were making a run for it! :p

LOL thats funny.

Yeah I don't know, it was a bunch of people running, no one stopped them and CM's were on the street. I thought I say a guy with a Food Network shirt on, but you never know if they work there or just like the network. All I know those camera were huge and I think I saw one of those fuzzy microphones they use to hold over people to pick up what they are saying. But not really knowing much about microphones, I could be wrong.

Drince88
10-03-2008, 11:15 AM
Was it part of the Amazing Race, or something like that?

Crazy4DL
10-03-2008, 11:36 AM
Was it part of the Amazing Race, or something like that?

:eek: Is TAR going to Disneyland?

LOL!

Drince88
10-03-2008, 11:41 AM
:eek: Is TAR going to Disneyland?

I doubt it - isn't it on CBS? But it's a good theory - and maybe they were filming the first of the "MouseAdventure Mystery" clues, which included watching the perpetrator run from the scene?!!!

Crazy4DL
10-03-2008, 12:04 PM
I doubt it - isn't it on CBS? But it's a good theory -

Yeah, it is on CBS. Darn it . . . Disneyland and my favorite tv show sounded so good! :D:p

jenniebean
10-03-2008, 12:13 PM
Were they like, sprinting running? Or just hurrying? They might be practicing for Sunday night... or maybe they're shooting stuff for "behind the scenes" of the Miley party, since that's a popular choice for Disney channel programming. Like, leading up to a big premiere they'll have little five minute segments or a whole half hour devoted to "the making of," including footage from set-up & whatever.

janell
10-03-2008, 01:21 PM
Were they like, sprinting running? Or just hurrying? They might be practicing for Sunday night... or maybe they're shooting stuff for "behind the scenes" of the Miley party, since that's a popular choice for Disney channel programming. Like, leading up to a big premiere they'll have little five minute segments or a whole half hour devoted to "the making of," including footage from set-up & whatever.

They weren't hurrying, they we running as much as you can thought the crowd and with the cameras. Never thought about Miley party, maybe they are doing something.

olegc
10-03-2008, 02:10 PM
LOL thats funny.

Yeah I don't know, it was a bunch of people running, no one stopped them and CM's were on the street. I thought I say a guy with a Food Network shirt on, but you never know if they work there or just like the network. All I know those camera were huge and I think I saw one of those fuzzy microphones they use to hold over people to pick up what they are saying. But not really knowing much about microphones, I could be wrong.

Food Network? Maybe it was Dinner Impossible. Chef Irvine is always rushing to complete his mission in the minimal time he gets, and maybe he is doing something for Disney - or Miley?

familymemories
10-03-2008, 02:31 PM
Hey, I wonder if they were shooting a segment for Dinner Impossible. They usually run around alot in that show.:)

Nikara
10-03-2008, 09:38 PM
They were definitely filming something for the Food Network tonight in front of the castle. I couldn't figure out what exactly, but there were people in chefs hats. Maybe related to that?

jenniebean
10-03-2008, 09:51 PM
They were definitely filming something for the Food Network tonight in front of the castle. I couldn't figure out what exactly, but there were people in chefs hats. Maybe related to that?

omg, if I missed one of those Food Network challenge cake decorating contests at DL just so I could sleep in this morning, I will legit cry. It is one of my life's goals to be at one of those.

Burnt Toast
10-03-2008, 09:55 PM
It was for Food Network Challenge.

santoanderson
10-04-2008, 08:31 AM
So does this mean Bobby Flay is going to be making his own version of the dole whip? Or is that Showdown?

jonesin4Dland
10-04-2008, 02:11 PM
So does this mean Bobby Flay is going to be making his own version of the dole whip? Or is that Showdown?

I think it's Throwdown!:D

ChipmunkStar
10-04-2008, 04:40 PM
Jenniebean wins!

It was for a "Celebration" Food Network Cake Challenge. A friend asked one of the Food Network guys. Apparently Braunwen Webber was a competitor, which made me sad I couldn't be there to see :(

Leofoenget
10-04-2008, 07:06 PM
About 8:45 this morning, I saw a bunch of people running down main street. Two people had what looked like movie cameras. Does anyone know what was going on?

I was there Sept 18th there was a hellicopter flying around for about 3 hours and a sign at the front stating they were working on a new promo and Soar'in. YES Soarin thats what the sign said. Dont' bash me for sayign that there is a whole other thread on another board that has already done that. :~D

dznyphreak
10-04-2008, 07:45 PM
According to my sources, a new Soarin' ("Soarin' Over the World") is due out 2013, so that helicopter makes sense.

Autopia Guy
10-04-2008, 11:39 PM
I was there Sept 18th there was a hellicopter flying around for about 3 hours and a sign at the front stating they were working on a new promo and Soar'in. YES Soarin thats what the sign said. Dont' bash me for sayign that there is a whole other thread on another board that has already done that. :~D

Except all they were doing was shooting B-Roll for the commercials for next years promotion with some HD equipment of the helicopter... No way they would use that footage for soarin as there would be too many normal day guests who would be looking at it and waving and all.

And oddly enough, no one has a pic of that sign. Ill believe it once I see the sign. But I still think they would not use it in a new film.

Burnt Toast
10-05-2008, 06:02 AM
Except all they were doing was shooting B-Roll for the commercials for next years promotion with some HD equipment of the helicopter... No way they would use that footage for soarin as there would be too many normal day guests who would be looking at it and waving and all.

The current footage at the very end is from the Cast Christmas Party from like '96 or something... I remember where exactly I was during the flybys (I'm like halfway down Main Street in front of Clothers).

As long as they have the appropriate disclaimer signs up, they can use the footage for the new Soarin' film... nothing stopping them.

Besides, day shots are better then Christmas Parade shots anyways.

Tinkermommy
10-05-2008, 06:37 AM
omg, if I missed one of those Food Network challenge cake decorating contests at DL

Speaking of cake and Disneyland, last night they had tables out in front of the castle and were setting up lights to film. We asked some of the people gathered around what was going on, and they told us it was a "silly" cake-tasting competition in preparation for Miley's party.

Not sure what that has to do with anything, but since this thread mentioned cake, this seemed like the place to put it. :p