PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Holiday Tour

dsnypaul
11-14-2002, 02:38 PM
The recent review of Walk in Walt Footsteps tour mentions a Holiday tour. My wife and I will be visiting Disneyland for the first time as it is decorated for Christmas. We have been to Disneyland many times in the past but never seen it decorated for Christmas and was wondering if this tour would be worth it? Does anyone know what is in included in this tour.

I called Disneyland and all they could tell me is its a 3 hour tour including Small World Holiday, Haunted Mansion, reserve seating for the Holiday Parade and reserve seating for Minnie's Christmas show with cookies. I just don't understand what makes this tour so special other than reserve seating and cookies.

This Michigander would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks
Paul

AVP
11-14-2002, 04:42 PM
Hi Paul,

I know that this tour has changed a bit since last year, but none of the MousePlanet staffers have taken the new version yet.
If you'd like an idea of LAST year's tour, Adrienne Krock wrote about it at this link:

http://www.mouseplanet.com/akrock/ak011126.htm

Hope this helps,

AVP
(TheOtherAdrienne)

Niwel
11-15-2002, 08:45 AM
Hey Paul,

I went last year and loved it so I booked again for this year (a one-two punch because I'm taking it the same day as I'm going on "Walk in Walts.") Last year they didn't include Minnie's Xmas party or the drink, just the rice krispy treat when we went to see the parade (the treat was larger than my hand).

It was a wonderful tour (even if you don't celebrate Xmas, like me). I learned a lot about the park and the ideas behind the decorations and felt VERY special when we walked right on to HMH and Small World.

Absolutely worth the price! I believe it costs $39 and even if you take the 5:00 tour, you finish up right on time to watch the fireworks :)

Have fun!

priyanka59
11-15-2002, 05:18 PM
I have no clue, but now that you guys are talking about it....I wanna go to Disneyland! The last time I went was in July with my best-friends, we always go to Disneyland together! I wanna go, but I know I can't. Have fun on your trip though!

RandomCM
11-16-2002, 06:29 PM
the Holiday tour differs quite a bit from last years tour. This tour spends less time on main St. and doesn't go in to the Walt Disney story at all. For $39.00 you get fastpass on Haunted Mansion Holiday, a short trip on the Disneyland Railroad, fast pass for Small World Holiday, as well as priority seating for Minnie's X-mas Party and the Parade. I think it is WELL worth the money. Not to mention that while you are watching the Minnie's X-mas party show, you get Hot Choclate or Coffee in a souviner cup. And you get a big Christmas tree cookie. I think that being fast passed on two of the MOST popular attractions in the Holiday season is well worth it. Not to mention that the souviner cups are normaly pretty steep in price. You don;t have to sit in the cold for an hour to get front row SEATS for the parade eaither. They are waiting for you. Yes, I said seats. that is another change that they made ... you get an actual seating area. Not a standing area like last time. Like I said before. It is worth every penny. And if you go to the last tour at 5pm ... by the time the parade is over, you have a great spot to watch the fireworks from as well. :) (TAKE THE TOUR!!)

Twinsmom
11-20-2002, 05:31 PM
I appreciate all the details you shared with us regarding the improved and upgraded tour! Since your post was so convincing, there will be 5 from our family in the front row seats on Christmas Eve for the evening parade! If you are in the area, come by for a meet and we'll buy you a drink/treat! Thanks again!

driftwood714
12-30-2002, 11:49 PM
Anyone else take the holiday tour yet? It's almost over because everything holiday related is closing next Monday. Anyone?