PDA

View Full Version : Adult Costumes for Halloween at DCA

mowsluver
10-02-2008, 09:38 AM
I read the costume guidelines for adults and have a couple of questions for someone who has gone in the past....

I understand the "cannot be cumbersome, drag on the ground...etc". Has anyone ever been TOLD that their costume did not meet guidelines?

Also, about "not posing for pictures" if you are a Disney character...what if someone just says "your costume is cool, can I take a pic?" would that be breaking the rule? I mean, just having your picture taken and NOT pretending to BE the character?

I have a neat costume and it is a bit bulky, but soft, not hard or boxy, and would love to wear it but do not want to alter it at all. The ONLY problem I see might POSSIBLY be on the tram ( I am big anyway and those spaces on the tram are small!!:D).

Would appreciate any input on the situation.....

dlfansx4
10-02-2008, 10:12 AM
I read the costume guidelines for adults and have a couple of questions for someone who has gone in the past....

I understand the "cannot be cumbersome, drag on the ground...etc". Has anyone ever been TOLD that their costume did not meet guidelines?

Also, about "not posing for pictures" if you are a Disney character...what if someone just says "your costume is cool, can I take a pic?" would that be breaking the rule? I mean, just having your picture taken and NOT pretending to BE the character?

I have a neat costume and it is a bit bulky, but soft, not hard or boxy, and would love to wear it but do not want to alter it at all. The ONLY problem I see might POSSIBLY be on the tram ( I am big anyway and those spaces on the tram are small!!:D).

Would appreciate any input on the situation.....

I don't think they will care if other guests want to take your picture. They just don't want you to be pretending to be a CM, etc. We took pictures of other people when we were there and never had a problem.

I don't remember seeing problems with costumes being cumbersome either. There was an adorable little boy last year that was an Amtrak train (full cardboard box) although it was easily removed for rides. There were plenty of full-length costumes as well.
Sorry - I wish I could be more help. I will pull out the pictures from last year when I get home and see if that jogs my memory a bit ;)

Katlovett
10-02-2008, 10:55 AM

I am aware of a dress (not mine) with a long train that had to be pinned up so that other guests did not step on it. They were nice about it, and helped pin it up like a bustle.

hefferdude
10-02-2008, 11:47 AM
We attended a Mickey's Halloween Treat in DCA 2 years ago. We had purchased costumes of characters from Nightmare BC - the Mayor, Sally and Zero. Really enjoyed the evening. We figured it would be more fun as opposed to just another evening in the park. Other guests who were costumed as other characters from Nightmare joined for us group pics. Happened a lot.
I turned the mayor's white frowning face forward on the front seat on Cal Screamin during launch. Upon returning I had turned the smiling face forward.
BTW - we are 55,55 and 75 respectively.:fez:

mowsluver
10-02-2008, 12:00 PM
OK, thanks everyone! I am 50 and will be going in a group with my grown children and grandchildren! As I stated earlier, my only concern may be getting my big self AND the costume in the tram!!:D