PDA

View Full Version : DCA Theme and Little Mermaid Ride

ScottC4746
10-02-2008, 04:13 AM
I found this question on another thread that was totally on the wrong thread so I will start a proper thread.
How with The Little Mermaid dark ride fit the theme of Disney California Adventure. When they are done with the rehab of the park will they keep the same name?

ralfrick
10-02-2008, 06:52 AM
How do the Sun Wheel and Golden Zephyr, based on historic seaside rides on Coney Island, New York, fit in with the California theme? For that matter, how does POTC fit to a New Orleans theme? New Orleans is a port on the Gulf of Mexico, hundreds of miles from the Caribbean Sea. How did Circle-Vision films fit in TL? Current footage of scenic sights is not futuristic. Now, I don't want to see a space themed restaurant in Frontierland, but I don't really sweat things like the examples above. The LM ride will fall in the same category for me.

New name? Have heard rumours, wouldn't surprise me, but don't know at this point in time.

A bientot.

TTFN92
10-02-2008, 08:42 AM
How do the Sun Wheel and Golden Zephyr, based on historic seaside rides on Coney Island, New York, fit in with the California theme? For that matter, how does POTC fit to a New Orleans theme? New Orleans is a port on the Gulf of Mexico, hundreds of miles from the Caribbean Sea. How did Circle-Vision films fit in TL? Current footage of scenic sights is not futuristic. Now, I don't want to see a space themed restaurant in Frontierland, but I don't really sweat things like the examples above. The LM ride will fall in the same category for me.

New name? Have heard rumours, wouldn't surprise me, but don't know at this point in time.

A bientot.

I'm pretty sure it is because of the wharf and the lagoon that are across from it. All things having to do with the sea.

As for the Circle-Vision being in TL, wasn't it because of the technology? That is what I always assumed. BTW, that was a horrible attractaion. I only went in there once and I couldn't get out of there fast enough. All I wanted to do was sit down and hide my head and they wouldn't let me sit down. I am so glad it's gone.

candles71
10-02-2008, 09:08 AM
, how does POTC fit to a New Orleans theme? New Orleans is a port on the Gulf of Mexico, hundreds of miles from the Caribbean Sea.
A bientot.

Um Yeah look up Jean Lafitte

olegc
10-02-2008, 01:07 PM

and possibly why the sign above the dock where you get on the boats says "Lafitte's Landing"....

ralfrick
10-02-2008, 05:25 PM

"Jean Lafitte (ca. 1776 - ca. 1826) was a privateer in the Gulf of Mexico in the early 19th century."
Which is not the Caribbean Sea. The point, though, was that if you want to over analyze this stuff, you'll find lots of inconsistencies. That's just an example that came to mind. Maybe I shouldn't have put my statements as questions, because I'm not wanting to start a debate about them, and perhaps a question mark makes it seem otherwise.

I'm pretty sure it is because of the wharf and the lagoon that are across from it. All things having to do with the sea.

That's a good answer for the OP as well. Isn't strictly about California; ain't that big of a deal.

A bientot.

MiaTurner
10-03-2008, 07:55 AM
Same way Monster's Inc. doesn't fit in the Hollywood Backlot but we still love it ;)

ScottC4746
10-03-2008, 09:17 AM
Same way Monster's Inc. doesn't fit in the Hollywood Backlot but we still love it ;)
Actually I beg to differ...wasn't that a movie?

Wobble
10-03-2008, 09:50 AM
Actually I beg to differ...wasn't that a movie?

Monster's Inc was a movie indeed, but what does the concept of the movie have to do with the Hollywood Backlot?

Either way, it doesn't really matter to me if things "fit" perfectly with the theme. If it's fun, it's fun. :]

mstaft
10-03-2008, 12:37 PM
Not sure it fits with the CA theme directly- but so much if DCA is a mishmash. Although the LM ride will fit into a seaside pier as many old the old ones had themed rides about the sea and other topics as well. Is it a stretch? Yes- a bit- but I can't wait for it! :)

V.I.N.CENT.
10-03-2008, 08:28 PM
How do the Muppets fit anywhere?

VickiC
10-03-2008, 08:53 PM
They were always a show within a show. A show about show business. Fits right into the Hollywood scene.

jenniebean
10-03-2008, 09:01 PM
How do the Muppets fit anywhere?

I feel like the Muppets are there because that's their location in MGM & that's also supposed to be all "Hollywood backlot"... it's a stretch, but it's the only explanation I can think of.