PDA

View Full Version : Hotels?

Tony P
11-14-2002, 09:22 AM
I am taking my family to Disneyland in December & staying at the Grand Californian. My problem is that my Mother & Sister would like to come down when we are there but there are no rooms left at that time in the Grand Californian. I'm trying to find a place where my mother won't have to do to much walking to get to the park or our hotel, where would you recommend staying?

Thanks,
Tony

Bill Catherall
11-14-2002, 10:22 AM
I'd recommend either Best Western Park Place Inn or Desert Inn. They're both nice motels and the closest off-property hotels.

Park Vue Inn is also close, but you don't want to stay there. (If I keep this up, everyone will think I own stock in the competition. ;) )

stinkerbell
11-14-2002, 10:59 AM
Park Vue Inn used to be the old Econolodge at one point and we stayed there about 7 years ago and it was pretty gross. It didn't hit me until this last trip, when I was walking by and recognized the gift shop.

Now, I haven't been inside it for a long time and maybe it's been updated, but I wouldn't recommend it.

I have stayed at both the Park Place and Desert Inn this year and can recommend them both, although the Park Place is slightly closer (like 30 feet) and has a much better continental breakfast.

Of course, you could always give up your room to your mother.......;)

MouseWife
11-14-2002, 12:25 PM
Well, did you try the Paradise Pier?

It is right across the street and safe and secure.

I don't know what hotel we stayed at last time, Anaheim
Something but the receipt said something else, I don't remember. Had a picture of a gazebo on the webpage.

Anywho, it was affordable{$69.}, big, but I did not feel safe.

We left to go and pick up dinner and left the two boys there to play their GameCube.

I felt anxious the whole time we were away and called them to check on them, even though we were only gone about 20 minutes.

So, sorry I can't be exact but if you see a motel with a gazebo, don't send your Mom there.

:D

katleman
11-20-2002, 11:47 AM
Having just gone through trying to book a room at
the Grand Californian earlier this month for Thanksgiving
week, I'd suggest calling the hotel directly for a room.

Do this several times over the next week or so,
as often as once a day.

We couldn't get a room at the GCH originally, but kept
trying and finally got in.

Good luck!

Dave