PDA

View Full Version : Finally met [Maynard]

AlanaP
11-13-2002, 02:02 PM
I am just so tickled I had to post!
I FINALLY met Maynard today! He was Tiki Boy...I turned the corner..on my way out of the park, and there he was..by the turnstile! I said..OH MY GOD!! YOURE MAYNARD!!..he replied
OH MY GOD!! I AM!!
We went into the Tiki Room, and he brought my Daughter and I our protective head gear.. and then he and I chatted for about 5 minutes..he was telling me about meeting John Lasseter..etc.
He is really really nice!
I am so happy I got to finally meet him!!
Alana

Ghoulish Delight
11-13-2002, 02:13 PM
Isn't he great? Those little things, like the protective head gear, are the kinds of things that can make a lasting impression on anyone, especially children. I wish there were a lot more like him.

zapppop
11-14-2002, 09:44 AM
Last night he was working @ the Tiki Room again.
Lately he's been working the Tiki Room and Mansion
between the hours of 4 and 8PM.

zedizdead
11-14-2002, 11:26 AM
Forgive my ignorance...

WHO?

Laffite
11-14-2002, 11:37 AM
Maynard

Ghoulish Delight
11-14-2002, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Laffite
Maynard Smartalec.

www.maynardhomepage.com (http://www.maynardhomepage.com)
Maynard is a long time Disneyland CM. In the past, he worked nearly exclusively at the Haunted Mansion. His enthusiasm for his job was apparant and infectious. His soul purpose when he had that costume on was to put guests in the right mood for the attraction and to make sure they had the time of their life at Disneyland. Recently, he has more often been seen running the Tiki Room, playing his alter-ego, Tiki Boy. Different costume, different act, same Maynard. Still getting everyone in the mood, still making certain people are having the time of their lives. A lucky few have had him as a Jungle Cruise skipper...

Laffite
11-14-2002, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Ghoulish Delight
Smartalec.

yea, but I didn't know his home url, nor his history, so that was I best I could do, eyy. :(

Ghoulish Delight
11-14-2002, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Laffite
yea, but I didn't know his home url, nor his history, so that was I best I could do, eyy. :( Sorry, I meant....

Smartalek ;)

zedizdead
11-14-2002, 02:44 PM
I've never seen him. But I've seen Rod the piano guy. He's another one of those old timers I guess. I've never sat there and watched him, but I've walked by and seen him.

Laffite
11-14-2002, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Ghoulish Delight
Sorry...

<snip!>

Forgive!! Bwaha ha! :D