PDA

View Full Version : Indy has Single Rider again

Cathy at the Park
09-29-2008, 05:22 PM
We were at the Park today and used Single Rider on Indy. It was fab, and we ended up sitting together anyway:)

You just have to ask the CM manning the Fast Pass queue, and they will give you a piece of paper to take to the CM manning the spot where they let in wheel chair users. It couldn't have been easier.

Cathy

bananaman20
09-29-2008, 05:44 PM
I've been waiting for this forever. My friends and I always ride single rider whenever we can and Indy has definately needed this.

dznyphreak
09-29-2008, 07:39 PM
Yes! It's about time something other than Splash had SR at Disneyland...

Malcon10t
09-29-2008, 07:53 PM
I'm curious how it works. You get the ticket at the the FP person, you join the HA line, which then merges with the regular line. How do they separate to use them as true "Single Riders"?

mousemom
09-29-2008, 08:19 PM
Don't the wheel chair users go down through the exit and use the elevator to cross to the other side of the tracks? I am so excited about this good news! It was such a disappointment when they took it away before.

tchatters
09-29-2008, 08:54 PM
Interesting, so glad it's back! We asked in July and the CM looked at us like we were speaking jibberish. She said there had never been a single rider on Indy but both DH and I distinctly remember using it a few years back.

DS who was just barely tall enough in July is refusing to go again so DH and I'll be able to use the single rider hopefully!

Cathy at the Park
09-29-2008, 09:14 PM
I'm curious how it works. You get the ticket at the the FP person, you join the HA line, which then merges with the regular line. How do they separate to use them as true "Single Riders"?

We were wondering how that was going to work also...
When they send you around the corner (we were following two ladies in wheel chairs) the CM that drops the ropes after the 'Sallah' safety speech walks around the corner and tells the CM at the 'wheel chairs to the elevator' opening that there _____ number of single riders. We waved our slips of paper so he would know it was us.

Cathy

hefferdude
09-30-2008, 10:04 AM
With SR slip in hand, we walked in the "exit" to the elevator - up and over to other elevator and down to the waiting que.

dznyphreak
09-30-2008, 11:38 AM
Does anyone know if this has been published in the Guide to the Magic map yet, or is it still under wraps for now?

PanFan
09-30-2008, 09:55 PM
I used it today. You get your pass from the Greeter, then head down the exit. When you get to the rotunda, the CM there will send you through a separate queue to the screening room where you watch the safety video (when I went, the wheelchair party and I were the only ones in the straight line to the right and everyone else was in the switchbacked line to the left). When the essential part of the video was over, we were released first, but held by a rope just outside of Indy's office while the normal queue from the switchbacked line proceeded around the last ramp before the stairs. Once they were past, we went up the ramp and over to the elevator. After coming down the other side, I showed my single rider pass to the grouper and was assigned a seat when one became available.

So yes, you go exactly the same way the wheelchairs go, except when you exit, you don't have to go back to the elevator. And you have to show your pass to every CM you reach. They keep the groups (wheelchair/single rider and regular queue) quite separated. I wondered why we were let past the office after everyone else, but it makes sense because then single riders are the last ones up the ramp with a nice gap separating them from the next group from the regular queue, making them easier to identify for the CM at the elevator.

I'm so glad it's back! Now to get one for Space and Nemo...

ellisfamily
09-30-2008, 10:21 PM
ooooo...i am excited about this! I haven't riden this ride in years! My kids are too short, but I really want to ride! hopefully I can talk the hubby into taking the kids for a few mins and letting me ride!

dznyphreak
10-01-2008, 12:00 AM
ellisfamily, there's also the Switch Pass thing you could use too, so both you and your husband can ride (albeit separately, as someone has to stay with the little ones :) ).

SoCalDisneyLover
10-02-2008, 12:26 PM
I'm so glad they still force you to watch the safety video. I'd be lost without knowing how to insert the seat belt correctly.

cstephens
10-02-2008, 05:58 PM
I'm so glad they still force you to watch the safety video. I'd be lost without knowing how to insert the seat belt correctly.

It's a requirement that people have to at least have the opportunity to watch the safety video before boarding. Otherwise, it opens Disney up to huge liability.

TheDisneyDude
10-05-2008, 08:56 AM
I'm so happy Indy has this, now the line should move a little quicker for people that aren't in groups...

PinokeFan
10-08-2008, 08:11 AM
I'm always doing solo trips to DLR, so this is great news! It sounds like I won't have to FP this anymore. :D

Marasmama
10-11-2008, 05:17 AM
The only thing I mind about the safety video is that after the BTMRR tragedy Salah's voice was changed to to Gimli's from Lord of the Rings.

danyoung
10-11-2008, 02:08 PM
Ummm, that's a joke, right?

HobbitFeet
10-14-2008, 12:04 PM
I'm so glad it's back! Now to get one for Space and Nemo...

Ooh, SR for Nemo. Good idea!!!!

The only thing I mind about the safety video is that after the BTMRR tragedy Salah's voice was changed to to Gimli's from Lord of the Rings.

Huh?

Wobble
10-14-2008, 01:41 PM

:confused:

danyoung
10-14-2008, 03:18 PM
I think it was a joke. Same guy did both characters. Funny, I think . . .