PDA

View Full Version : Angels hat help

idesign
11-13-2002, 01:33 PM
I need to find an Angels championship hat for my Dad for Christmas, and I'd like it to come from the "Resort". Any help or Ideas where I might find one?.. and is it already too late?

Thanks ahead of time...

tod
11-13-2002, 02:12 PM
I know there were plenty of AL Champion and World Series Champion hats in the store on the East side of the DCA entryway (Greetings from California?) two weekends ago (Nov. 2-3) -- looks like the ardor of the fair-weather fans cooled rather quickly.

--T

Ghoulish Delight
11-13-2002, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by idesign
I need to find an Angels championship hat for my Dad for Christmas, and I'd like it to come from the "Resort". Any help or Ideas where I might find one?.. and is it already too late?

Thanks ahead of time... Your best bet is at World of Disney. They have the widest selection. I know there are still t-shirts in there. I don't know abuot caps, but I would be surprised if there weren't.

idesign
11-13-2002, 02:45 PM
thank you both! I just knew there must be someplace there... I just hope it's still all there in two weeks.. eek!

gr8onesgir1
11-13-2002, 06:34 PM
You can always try Espn Zone at Downtown Disney. They should carry Angels stuff there.

disneydana
11-13-2002, 08:40 PM
Why not call Disney DelivEARS? They can mail it to your house.

RStar
11-14-2002, 11:14 AM
Last weekend I could not find a single hat at the resort. All the Angels stuff was gone and replaced with Christmas stuff. I wanted to get one for my son. He liked the black one, but the only one I could find was a wimpy looking tan one at ESPN one.

If anyone knows if the black ones sold at DCA during the angels' day can be had anywhere for sure, let us know. Are they all sold out, or stashed in storage while holiday merch. takes the shelves?

greinstein
11-14-2002, 12:28 PM
Try the Angels Store at Anaheim Stadium (The Big ED). They are the one place that will not run out.

Also, most chain sporting goods stores in Orange County should have World Series Champion hats. Even WalMart was, and probably still, carry the hats, shirts and rally monkeys.

Good luck

Gary Einstein

RStar
11-14-2002, 02:34 PM
The chain stores all had the red ones (my son hates red) and Wallmart was even out last time I looked, but that was last week.

I forgot about the Stadium Store, thanks.

EandCDad
11-15-2002, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by RStar
If anyone knows if the black ones sold at DCA during the angels' day can be had anywhere for sure, let us know. Are they all sold out, or stashed in storage while holiday merch. takes the shelves?

Don't know if these are the same. But the Angels Online Store (http://shop.mlb.com/dr/sat3/ec_MAIN.Entry10?V1=468830&PN=1&SP=10023&xid=35075&DSP=&CUR=840&PGRP=0&CACHE_ID=0) has some.

RStar
11-15-2002, 08:22 AM
Yes Ed, that's it! Thank you!

I was told they were the hats that were worn by the players in the locker room after the big win. Now I will go to the Angels Store to see if they have them there and save shipping costs. Plus it can be a surprise Christmas gift to my son now that he thinks we can no longer get them.:~)

Allysen1Derland
11-15-2002, 09:36 AM
While you amazing guys are giving awesome answers, I was wondering if you might be able to help me on my Angels' hat quest, too! I've got the B-Ball cap, red with the "A" logo, but what I really, really want is the red BEANIE with the "A'' logo! I'm having a really hard time finding that one! I haven't seen it at the Angel's official site! Maybe I need to check again.

I'd really love the red bucket hat with "A" logo, too, but I think that was just a promotional item given away by 95.5 FM's Mark & Brian show! Will they make more? Are there non-Mark & Brian ones? Help!

Thank you! (But I certainly don't want to take away from idesign's thread! You guy's can PM, too! Thank ya's!) ;)

RStar
11-15-2002, 10:45 AM
Ally, when you say BEANIE, do you mean as in beanie baby? Is it a TY bear or other animal?

Ghoulish Delight
11-15-2002, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by RStar
Ally, when you say BEANIE, do you mean as in beanie baby? Is it a TY bear or other animal? No, she means 1 of two things. Either A) a hat with a propeller on top, or B) A knit, stocking-style hat, no brim. I'm going to go ahead and guess B.

RStar
11-15-2002, 05:11 PM
DOH! I didn't even think of that. I've never even seen a beanie with a sports team on it. Am I out of touch or what?

I'm going back to sleep now.

Allysen1Derland
11-16-2002, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Ghoulish Delight
No, she means 1 of two things. Either A) a hat with a propeller on top, or B) A knit, stocking-style hat, no brim. I'm going to go ahead and guess B.

Oh, but you'd be waaay off base, GD!! It was actually "A"! Take a closer look at SM's Potluck group photo, and you'll see me causing mischief and mirth-making in the background, wearing a rainbow beanie with a propeller on top, a sling-shot in my back demin overall pocket, and shooting spitballs at Hades head!:D

(I am soooooo totally kidding! I was sitting here 1/2 asleep at my monitor, and I read your post GD and I almost fell over laughing!! You are too, too funny! Your'e post cracked me up!!:D :D )

I should have said "skullcap" instead of "beanie"! I always call them beanies for some reason! Skullcap sounds too much like those thermal caps you wear when undergoing chemo to prevent hair loss! Then I think of my Mom and her chemo and I just get all emotional! It's just way easier to say beanie! :)

PurpleDove33
11-16-2002, 12:41 PM
Ally,
If you hear of anyone that has the bucket hats, please let me know. I was on a search for one of those. I didn't know they came from a premotion. Of course, the day I was looking for the hat, they were out of everything. On the first day of the world series, I ended up at JC Pennys and found one of the AL play off championship hats and it was on clearance for $6.77 what a bargin. Thanks if anyone can help about the bucket hat.

LifelongAngelsFan
11-17-2002, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Allysen1Derland

I'd really love the red bucket hat with "A" logo, too, but I think that was just a promotional item given away by 95.5 FM's Mark & Brian show! Will they make more? Are there non-Mark & Brian ones? Help!

You are correct that these were a promotion. I've seen these offered on eBay. In fact, eBay is the place to find no longer available merchandise.

TimBuk2
11-17-2002, 08:13 PM
Try the following stores for any Angels Championship stuff:

Chick's sporting goods
http://www.chickssportinggoods.com/chicksLocations.html

Sportmart

Sport Chalet

Sears (I know they have some left, a friend works there)

Good Luck !!

TimBuk2
11-18-2002, 07:58 PM
I just checked at Sears and they still have the Black World Series hat. $25 reg, $17.50 at 30% off.

Go - Go Now !!

RStar
11-19-2002, 08:27 AM
So how do you get the 30% off?

TimBuk2
11-19-2002, 02:27 PM
"RStar So how do you get the 30% off?

Just walk in !!
All of the Angels merch was 30% off.