PDA

View Full Version : Shopper's Pass: [no longer available]

Pages : [1] 2

Burnt Toast
09-29-2008, 10:29 AM
Effective immediately, the Shopper's Pass has been discontinued and is no longer available.

For those that don't know what a Shopper's Pass is... doesn't really matter now. :D

cstephens
09-29-2008, 10:41 AM
And the backup source for this is...?

SneakyStella
09-29-2008, 10:55 AM
I was in Carlsbad this past weekend with my kids. On our way down on Friday we stopped at Downtown Disney to go to the Lego Store special event. I used a shoppers pass to go buy the boys Halloween Mickey Ears and get a Dole Whip. That was the first time I've taken advantage of the shoppers pass and I was very appreciative of it! It was nice enough that on our way home we decided to stop at the Lego Store again to check on the 8' R2-D2 being built and get another shoppers pass. When I asked for the pass at customer service the nice lady told me they no longer honor them. When I asked since when, she said effective today. At first I didn't believe her but when I just stood there in disbelief, the cast member behind her chimed in stating it was true. :eek::(

http://sneakystella.smugmug.com/gallery/6094871_LSj3F/1/382738426_iPkWc#382915634_sRTCZ-A-LB

Darkbeer
09-29-2008, 11:18 AM
And the backup source for this is...?

Burnt Toast is a former CM that worked for the Walt Disney Travel Company..... Fairly reliable source.

Bytebear
09-29-2008, 11:31 AM
I think this will have one of two affects.

1. World of Disney will carry pretty much everything they have in the park.

2. Disneyland will carry more specialty items that are only available to park guests.

I am guessing and hoping for #2, as I think Disneyland is special and should be insulated from the outside world, and it will give people more incentive to buy APs (I don't think it will affect the sale of day tickets).

PlayGirlBunny
09-29-2008, 06:44 PM
awww man that no cool I used it a couple of times to buy items downtown disney did not have.

MouseWife
09-29-2008, 07:48 PM
Well. This sort of irks me 'cause I would think it was last year, or longer than that, I was with some friends, enjoying a day of shopping at DTD. We thought it would be cool to take the one friend, from Austrailia, in to get something special, I forget what it was. I have an AP, although blocked out, and my other friend had one as well.

The woman told me no way could be get a shoppers pass, they didn't do that. She asked someone behind her who said the same thing. She made me feel like I was trying to pull a fast one but I knew that it was possible. It was late in the day, it wasn't like we were trying to get in at 9a.m., I think it was 7 p.m.

My friend bought tickets for her family for the next day and we said as we were leaving 'Too bad, 3 women, wanting to spend money and they won't let us in to shop? Their loss.'

So, yeah, I am really glad you posted this. Sort of makes me feel better {that I wasn't trying to scam, just trying to get in for whatever it was as a treat to enjoy with my friend}.

Malcon10t
09-29-2008, 08:03 PM
It was late in the day, it wasn't like we were trying to get in at 9a.m., I think it was 7 p.m. Generally, they didn't allow shopping passes after 4pm (or was it 5?). Even if you got in at 9am, you had a very short 1 hour. You HAD to be back at the Guest Service Counter exactly 60 min later, or you WERE charged a one day ticket, regardless if you entered at 9am or 4 pm.

You were probably told no due to the late hour.

MouseWife
09-29-2008, 08:06 PM
Generally, they didn't allow passes after 4pm. Even if you got in at 9am, you had a very short 1 hour. You HAD to be back at the Guest Service Counter exactly 60 min later, or you WERE charged a one day ticket, regardless if you entered at 9am or 4 pm.

You were probably told no due to the late hour.

Oh, it was to be open late {it was a Saturday in the summer} but that does make sense. The lady didn't explain it though.

I'd done the shopper pass before with the credit card, but, yep, earlier in the day.

I just wish that they'd have told me what you did. That would have been nicer. I felt embarrassed. Like I was making something up.

PanFan
09-29-2008, 08:53 PM
Burnt Toast is a former CM that worked for the Walt Disney Travel Company..... Fairly reliable source.

Not to imply that Burnt Toast isn't a reliable source, but simply being a CM (and a former one at that) doesn't necessarily make a source reliable. Remember this (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=113686) fiasco?

evrythngwmn
09-29-2008, 08:56 PM
I'm currently a CM and have seen the memo that it has been discontinued.

cstephens
09-29-2008, 09:36 PM
There are *very* few people whose word I take on faith that something is happening.

Burnt Toast
09-29-2008, 10:00 PM

... and currently back with the Company, heh.

It's on official CM communication, sorry definitely NOT going to quote it for you.

The Pass was unavailable as of September 28th, 2008.

Autopia Guy
09-29-2008, 11:50 PM
Yes, shoppers pass is gone. If you need something in that is sold in the parks and not at WOD, you will be given the number for Delivears.

ScottC4746
09-30-2008, 06:46 AM
Effective immediately, the Shopper's Pass has been discontinued and is no longer available.

For those that don't know what a Shopper's Pass is... doesn't really matter now. :D
It was probably a nightmare trying to keep up with everyone's time and passes. It worked before there was Downtown Disney, now that there is DTD, what's the point?

SneakyStella
09-30-2008, 08:00 AM
It was probably a nightmare trying to keep up with everyone's time and passes. It worked before there was Downtown Disney, now that there is DTD, what's the point?

For me, the point was getting my two sons Mickey Ears with their names embroidered on them. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe they can do that at World of Disney. Maybe they will in the near future now.

Also, I really wanted a dole whip :) I did ask at Customer Service if it was acceptable to buy snacks as well on the shoppers pass and the lady giggled and said of course.

Andrew
09-30-2008, 09:26 AM
An alternative to the Shopping Pass is to use a service like MouseShoppe (http://www.mouseshoppe.com/) (owned by MousePlanet's Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix but otherwise not affiliated with MousePlanet) which will buy anything sold in the parks and send it to you. That wouldn't work for spur of the moment trips or snacks, but if the object is to get an embroidered hat or other park-specific merchandise, that's a good way to go.

candles71
09-30-2008, 10:54 AM
An alternative to the Shopping Pass is to use a service like MouseShoppe (http://www.mouseshoppe.com/) (owned by MousePlanet's Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix but otherwise not affiliated with MousePlanet) which will buy anything sold in the parks and send it to you. That wouldn't work for spur of the moment trips or snacks, but if the object is to get an embroidered hat or other park-specific merchandise, that's a good way to go.

Doyou mean she can't actually pack a Dole Whip and ship it? I'm just flabbergasted. I thought anything was possible...;)

Andrew
09-30-2008, 11:19 AM
Doyou mean she can't actually pack a Dole Whip and ship it? I'm just flabbergasted. I thought anything was possible...;)
Nothing's impossible. I know someone who packed and shipped a Blue Bayou Monte Cristo to Chicago. It reportedly arrived in fine condition and was delicious when reheated.

A Dole Whip might be a little trickier.

HisKid
09-30-2008, 11:20 AM

You could actually keep a Dole Whip cold better than you could keep a churro warm, lol.

AVP
09-30-2008, 01:25 PM
I know someone who packed and shipped a Blue Bayou Monte Cristo to Chicago.I remember that.... :eek:

AVP

saucydiva
10-01-2008, 07:22 AM
Also, I really wanted a dole whip :)

Word, and word! :p

You can order Dole Whip mix online and prepare it in an ice cream maker, if you are willing to order a humongous quantity of Dole Whip mix (I am). It is exactly the same stuff. Looks a slightly different color but I think that's because the homemade stuff has less air in it.

adriennek
10-01-2008, 08:03 AM
Nothing's impossible. I know someone who packed and shipped a Blue Bayou Monte Cristo to Chicago.

United Airlines Cargo out of SNA.

I remember bagging up popcorn once and shipping that. The person claimed on other popcorn tasted as good as DLR's.

Adrienne

dznyphreak
10-01-2008, 08:34 AM
Nothing's impossible. I know someone who packed and shipped a Blue Bayou Monte Cristo to Chicago.

United Airlines Cargo out of SNA.

I remember bagging up popcorn once and shipping that. The person claimed on other popcorn tasted as good as DLR's.

Adrienne

Ah, Mouseplanet...Where I can come and realize there are crazier people out there than me. :D ;)

TTFN92
10-01-2008, 08:38 AM
Ah, Mouseplanet...Where I can come and realize there are crazier people out there than me. :D ;)

Well said ;).