PDA

View Full Version : Five Favorites

River Belle
09-26-2008, 11:32 AM
Since we all seem to enjoy the "favorites" threads so much, I thought I'd start a "Five Favorites for Friday." :)

Favorite way to start your day at DLR?
Favorite snack or beverage at DLR?
Favorite show/parade/entertainment at DLR?
Favorite shop at DLR?
Favorite way to end your day at DLR?

These are mine:

Having breakfast at The River Belle Terrace, looking out over the Rivers of America. I also really enjoy watching my little one greet the characters on Main Street.
I love the cinnamon tea lattes they sell at the coffee shop. The cream cheese pretzels are really good, too.
Probably the Christmas fireworks show--I cry every time it snows.
Disneyana. I also really love being in the main shop in Frontierland--especially at this time of year! The pumpkin dislay is great.
Milk & cookies from the Blue Ribbon Bakery and a round-trip tour on the Disneyland Railroad. A close second would be riding Autopia and then hopping on the Monorial and taking it out of the park.

houseofmouse
09-26-2008, 11:48 AM
1. Breakfast at the park. If no breakfast we go on Buzz.
2. Snack: Ice cream from Gibson Girl parlor.
3. Favorite show at Disneyland- Fantasmic. Fav at DCA- Aladin
4. Don't really have a favorite shop.
5. Way to end the day. Sometimes eating ice cream or just slowly walking down Main Street. A round trip on the train sounds like a great way too!

dlfansx4
09-26-2008, 11:58 AM
Since we all seem to enjoy the "favorites" threads so much, I thought I'd start a "Five Favorites for Friday." :)

Favorite shop at DLR?

1) stopping by to say "hello" to the Dumbo statue (it's our tradition - we have to do that every time we are there).
2) Popcorn
3) Christmas Fireworks
4) World of Disney or Emporium (everything in one place).
5) Train ride back to Main Street Station

nbaum
09-26-2008, 12:25 PM
1) Buying pins in Downtown Disney
2) Churro!
3) Remember...Dreams Come True fireworks
4) Adventureland Bazaar
5) Saying thanks to Walt as we pass by the light in his apartment above the fire station

codewoman
09-26-2008, 12:51 PM

Favorite shop at DLR?

1. Space Mountain
2. Dole Whip!
3. Billy Hill
4. Magic Shop
5. Space Mountain

Nettfrankie
09-26-2008, 01:01 PM
1. We start everyday we are there with a ride on POTC.
2. We grab a large popcorn every night on my way out.
3. Our favorite show...definately Alladin.
4. Our favorite shop is in Pooh's Corner. (I love Pooh!!)
5. We end each night by waving goodnight to Walt's lighted window in his apartment.

jenniebean
09-26-2008, 01:22 PM
LOVE the thread & "Friday Favorites" idea, River Belle!

I'm either at DLR for fun or for homework, so a few have two answers!

for fun - (after getting Indy passes) starting on Space Mountain to get the adrenaline pumping/for work - getting a chocolate croissant & hot chocolate from the stand to the left of the hub
for fun - bread bowls/for work - (bc it's portable!) corn dog
Parade of a Million Dreams
The Music Shop on Main Street... I have no idea how much I've spent there :rolleyes:
for fun - (with friends) one last Buzz shootout or (with my sister) walking as fast as possible to every ride left open!/for work - a stroll through Fantasyland & out around the castle

Niwel
09-26-2008, 01:32 PM
1. Favorite way to start your day at DLR? Trip to the little Mousketeers room at City Hall and then Space Mountain
2. Favorite snack or beverage at DLR? new fave: parfait from blue ribbon bakery
3. Favorite show/parade/entertainment at DLR? Flag retreat ceremony
4. Favorite shop at DLR? Disneyana -- because I can dream
5. Favorite way to end your day at DLR? Looking up at the apartment and saying "Good night uncle Walt. Thanks for letting us play in your park."

Foodie
09-26-2008, 03:36 PM
1. Heading off towards Splash Mountain before a line forms! Then running to get onto POTC before it starts getting busy!
2. I don't think they have them anymore, but they used to sell this most delicious strawberry daiquiri drink in New Orleans Square, oh it was so good! I'm sad they don't have it anymore. As for the stuff they still have...probably a churro, can't go wrong with that.
3. "Remember...Dreams Come True" Fireworks. Particularly the Oh Shenandoah music with the weeping willow-like fireworks at the start of the Frontierland segment.
4. The kitchen shop on Main Street. Being a foodie, it's an absolute must.
5. A walk down Main Street and a train trip around the park before leaving. Just magical.

Pr1ncess365
09-26-2008, 04:29 PM
Favorite way to start your day at DLR? :

Taking a picture in the front entrance Garden and then holding hands with my hubby while we walk through the tunnel and feel the magic.

Dole Whips and Churros

Fireworks

Favorite shop at DLR?
All of them

Shopping

candles71
09-26-2008, 05:04 PM
Favorite way to start your day at DLR? Ride the jungle cruise
Favorite snack or beverage at DLR? the penne pasta at pizza port
Favorite show/parade/entertainment at DLR? Electric Light Parade
Favorite shop at DLR? The one outside POTC
Favorite way to end your day at DLR? end?? no good way to end the day, being as we must end the trip at some point we have started with all six of us riding our favorite ride one last time, and ending with the jungle cruise

Gone2Disneyland
09-26-2008, 07:34 PM
Favorite shop at DLR?

I used to enjoy getting my Mickey Mouse Pancakes at the River Belle Terrace for breakfast, but these day, I'm lovin' the table service I get when I get breakfast at Carnation Café. And instead of pancakes, it's a Mickey Mouse Waffle these day.
Dole Pineapple Whip Float!
Remember...Dream Come True Fireworks Spectacular.
20th Century Music Store.
Randomly meander anywhere but Main Street, USA after the fireworks show while loads of guests are exiting. It's just relaxing (or avoiding stress :p).

Malcon10t
09-26-2008, 08:09 PM
1. Breakfast at Cafe Orleans, then a ride on POTC.
2. Dole Whip!
3. Laughing Stock and Billy Hill and the Hillbillies
4. Disneyana
5. Blue Ribbon Bakery for brownies to munch on before bed

ChurroGirl
09-26-2008, 08:54 PM
I love this thread. Being a sentimental nut that I am I teared up a few times! Cheezy I know.

I will answer for both me and my FDH!( I turned him into a DLR fanatic!)

Favorite way to start out day- Breakfast at either Carnation Cafe or Cafe Orleans or a call to my dad to decide what he would ride on first and go on that.

Favorite snack or Beverage- His- A popcorn bucket! Mine- as many churros as I can eat!

Favorite show- the Fireworks. It doesnt have to be Remember... or Christmas it always gets to us!

Favorite Shop- Mine is the Market House, His- Disneyana.

Favorite way to end our day- His- a trip around Disneyland on E.P. Ripley, Mine- one last ride on POTC or the Jungle Cruise, there is something about J.C. at night, it just seems so much more fun!

Malcon10t
09-26-2008, 09:23 PM
OK, need to change Disneyana (which is a very very close second) to Off the Page!!

mousemom
09-27-2008, 05:27 AM
Favorite shop at DLR?

1. Any character breakfast
2. Peppermint fudge!
3. The Christmas fireworks!
4. World of Disney
5. Walk around after the park has closed and people are clearing out, look at the lights shining in the dark, take unobstructed pictures and enjoy the peaceful quiet.

ScottC4746
09-27-2008, 06:14 AM
Lets see what I can think of:
1. Favorite way to start your day at DLR? A baked goodie at the Main Street Bakery OR if I can afford it breakfast at Carnation Cafe on Main Street
2. Favorite snack or beverage at DLR? That would have to be pineapple anything at Tiki Room Bar
3. Favorite show/parade/entertainment at DLR? Fantasmic
4. Favorite shop at DLR? Disneyanna
5. Favorite way to end your day at DLR? Train ride from New Orleans Square to Main Street, then sit in the Town Square and watch the people leave.

mommy-san
09-27-2008, 02:58 PM

Favorite shop at DLR?

1. PETER PAN!
2. DECAF MOCHA AND A CHURRO FROM THE ODV'S IN THE HUB, RIGHT BEFORE THE PARADE.
3. TIE BETWEEN BILLY HILL AND PoD. ONE MAKES ME LAUGH, ONE MAKES ME CRY. AND THE CHOCOLATE CAKE AT THE GOLDEN HORSHOE MIGHT MAKE ME LEAN TOWARDS BILLY HILL AS MY FAVE.
4. THE MARKETHOUSE (THATS WHAT IT IS, RIGHT?) WITH THE KITCHEN STUFF.
5. RIDING DUMBO WHEN FANTASYLAND STARTS TO EMPTY OUT AT CLOSING, IT'S DARK AND YOU FEEL LIKE YOU ARE ALL ALONE. MAGICAL!

californiagirlx7
09-27-2008, 11:34 PM
This was a great idea!

Favorite way to start your day at DLR? Pancakes at River Belle Terrace, or go to rides that will have long lines later (Indy, Splash, Peter Pan) or our old favorites (HM, PotC)
Favorite snack or beverage at DLR? Don't really have a particular fave, it depends on my mood. Popcorn, churros, or ice cream at Gibson Girl's Ice Cream Parlor.
Favorite show/parade/entertainment at DLR? Fantasmic!
Favorite shop at DLR? The Disney Emporium (isn't that the store on the front of Main St?) or The World of Disney at Downtown Disney
Favorite way to end your day at DLR? Looking through the stores on Main St., getting ice cream, and sitting by the "sounds" by the locker room on Main St.

hapyg0luky
09-28-2008, 12:53 AM
A flight on Dumbo.
I have three: Dole Whip, Churro and Swirly Ice Cream at Catch a Flave! Mmmmm Mmmmm!
Favorite show Aladin parade Electrical Parade entertainment People watching
Favorite shop at DLR?
Pooh's Corner. Mostly for the yum yums!
Improving my score on Buzz.

Wobble
09-28-2008, 01:18 PM
1. Favorite way to start your day at DLR?
2. Favorite snack or beverage at DLR?
3. Favorite show/parade/entertainment at DLR?
4. Favorite shop at DLR?
5. Favorite way to end your day at DLR?

1. Either HM, BTMR, or POTC.
2. Ice cream :] I'm not much of a snacker and I don't like a lot of food that I don't make myself (I'm very picky), so I rarely eat in the parks.
3. I honestly don't remember ever watching shows/parades/etc at DL. Hmm.
4. None than I can think of by name...
5. BTMR - when you go up over that one hill and can see the castle in the dark, it's so magic.

bananaman20
09-28-2008, 02:28 PM
1) I Start My Day By Eating a Cinnamon Roll From the Bakery on Mainstreet and then going on Astro Blasters

2) My Favorite Snack is a Cherry-Flavored Frozen Lemonade with a Churro

3)My Favorite Show would be Aladdin at DCA

4)Don't Really Have A Favorite Shop

5)Trying to Ride As Many Rides as Possible in the last hour that the park is open

TheDisneyDude
09-28-2008, 10:25 PM
1) Favorite way to start my day at Disneyland is getting my picture taken with my sweetie pie at the front of the park. Then walking down main street with her and deciding where to go first.

2) Dole Whip / Churro.

3) Remember Dreams Come True fireworks show.

4) The Emporium on Main Street.

5) One last ride on POTC after the fireworks and ice cream on Main Street as we leave the park.