PDA

View Full Version : SOP?

rexfarms
11-12-2002, 09:23 PM
Has anybody found a site with some SOPs out there? I have seen one site with just the HM and it was from the 70s(I dont think it would change all that much). I would really like to read them. Thanks everybody.:)

Laffite
11-12-2002, 09:27 PM
ebay has everything (right?)

Preston

rexfarms
11-12-2002, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Laffite
ebay has everything (right?)

Preston

yes it does, but I dont really feel like giving money to ebay. lol :)

Laffite
11-12-2002, 09:34 PM
yea. guess it all depends on how much you want it.

You can always become a CM for a week, take their SOP and quit. (but you didnt hear that from me :eek: )

Preston

rexfarms
11-12-2002, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Laffite
yea. guess it all depends on how much you want it.

You can always become a CM for a week, take their SOP and quit. (but you didnt hear that from me :eek: )

Preston

I also dont want to do that. Any other suggestions?:)

Laffite
11-12-2002, 10:07 PM
well, I'm not going to suggest the obvious (ie google.com). Seeing that this place is also a hang out for some CMs, maybe they can "bring" you a "copy" (but you didn't hear that from me :eek: )

Other than that, I'm pooped and out of idea :confused:

Preston

tabacco
11-12-2002, 10:21 PM
Main Entrance Ticket Booth SOP in case of an emergency:

1. Secure Cash
2. Get to a safe place

No joke :)

Nigel2
11-12-2002, 10:31 PM
That isn't terribly surprising, especailly since they didn't dictate the emergency, plus they are a company.

smd4
11-13-2002, 07:36 AM
I own several SOP's produced for the conductors on the Disneyland Railroad. I know you don't want to do it, but I have seen a couple of the cheaper ones on eBay for a few dollars. One of the versions of the Conductor SOP, which is quite thorough, coming in around 100 pages, has maps, specifications, drawings of the stations, etc. The other two are pretty thin in comparison, maybe 15 or 20 pages--including the one used nowadays--and includes just the basic info. The one from the mid-1960's is one of the best for collectors--spiral bound, it is filled with lots of good pictures and a good telling of "the story behind the story."

You can find these if you search. Knowing CM's might help. Also, try to get out to some Disneyana meets, like NFFC this January.

PhilMP
11-13-2002, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by tabacco
Main Entrance Ticket Booth SOP in case of an emergency:

1. Secure Cash
2. Get to a safe place

No joke :)

I would assume a "safe place" means Las Vegas, or even Pechanga. :)

I'm surprised they don't specify a safe haven, considering they have the locations posted on maps throughout the park.

Phil

Veritech-1s
11-13-2002, 10:06 PM
Incase you are attacked while trasnporting money you are to drop on the money and let your attacker beat the snot out of you lol

tabacco
11-13-2002, 11:01 PM
Well, the ticket booths are right in the middle of a safe haven, so... ;)

PhilMP
11-13-2002, 11:12 PM
But isn't the Esplanade a Guest safe haven, not a CM one??

Hmmm...well I guess it doesn't really matter what safe haven it is in an earthquake or fire.

Phil

Veritech-1s
11-13-2002, 11:14 PM
yea its similar to the 60's when they used to have signs posted in classrooms that read as follows "In case of Nuclear Attack get under your desk!" as though a cheap wood desk would hold back the force of a nuclear explosion lol

Morrigoon
11-13-2002, 11:17 PM
No, but if you were far enough away to only get the vibration, it would keep those deadly looking lights from falling on your head.

Nigel2
11-13-2002, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Veritech-1s
yea its similar to the 60's when they used to have signs posted in classrooms that read as follows "In case of Nuclear Attack get under your desk!" as though a cheap wood desk would hold back the force of a nuclear explosion lol

I always thought it was "put your head between your knees..."

Veritech-1s
11-13-2002, 11:21 PM
like thats better? lol

Nigel2
11-13-2002, 11:23 PM
Well it leaves a nice puddle to clean up later, rather than a splatter.

Crazytigger
11-14-2002, 01:27 AM
Dont Know how true this one is but it is worth a look. I found it on Google.

Haunted Mansion (http://www.project-insomnia.com/sop/hm/)

PhilMP
11-14-2002, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Nigel2
Well it leaves a nice puddle to clean up later, rather than a splatter.

Wouldn't it be more like a neat pile of dust to sweep up, instead of a big cloud spread over a large area?

Of course, if you were really really close, there'd be nothing to clean up at all.

Phil

P.S.: On a completely unrelated side note, I read this book at Barnes & Noble about the US Government's Continuation of Government doctrine after a Soviet missile attack. Can't remember the name, but it was really really interesting. I suggest reading it if you're interested in those kinds of SOP's. (Hmmm...maybe this wasn't a completely unrelated side note after all.)

rexfarms
11-14-2002, 03:39 PM
I found the HM one. thanks though. Any other suggestions?

Tigertail777
11-15-2002, 01:27 AM
I collect SOP's and am always willing to trade copies for copies of other sop's I don't have, or any other (mostly paper) Disney memorabilia. You name it, if its paper and park related I will trade for it. Just email me.