PDA

View Full Version : One piece of Good news for Disneyland AP holders that banked with WaMu - Free ATM's

Darkbeer
09-26-2008, 05:40 AM
Since JPMorgan bought out WaMu (Washington Mutual) Thursday, there is one good piece of news..

JPMorgan is actually JPMorgan Chase, and Chase is the official bank for Disney, so the ATM's in the parks are now available to you at no extra charge!

MoKat72
09-26-2008, 06:45 AM
Thanks for that. I knew there had to be some silver lining in this whole thing. :)

Captain EO
09-26-2008, 02:14 PM
i'll take it.thanks for the tidbit darkbeer.

SCSarah
09-26-2008, 02:34 PM
From what I've read, though, it's not necessarily immediately available. I've heard 6-8 months until we get new Chase cards, and can use Chase banks etc.

Pr1ncess365
09-26-2008, 03:30 PM
That's great news.

Seashellmama
09-26-2008, 04:11 PM
I think, from reading the Chase website, that there will be fee-free ATM sharing much sooner, before new cards are issued.

jenniebean
09-26-2008, 09:03 PM
I think, from reading the Chase website, that there will be fee-free ATM sharing much sooner, before new cards are issued.

That would make sense... that's the way it is in Chicago when Bank of America bought out LaSalle. It's a gradual transition. First we could use any BoA atms, then all the LaSalle buildings got new BoA makeovers, but are still on a separate system than BoA, &, supposedly, in a month all the banks are supposed to be connected.

MKY4ME
10-08-2008, 11:28 AM
I read an article on here last week stating that since CHASE had purchased WAMU that fees would be not charged at the park anymore. Well, I tried it out on Sunday and alas I was charged $2. When I questioned this with the bank here was their reply:

Please be informed, you will be charged for using the non-WaMu ATMs.

We'll be working to combine systems so customers can begin to enjoy
expanded branch and ATM convenience. For now, both Washington Mutual and
Chase customers should continue banking as they always have.

I hope the above information is of help to you.

JUST BE AWARE!:eek:

Burnt Toast
10-08-2008, 03:15 PM
Yah, Chase had a FAQ saying that their ATMs will be slowly converted to not take fees from WaMu, but it's not in yet.

Last I heard it's not until about the end of the year?

Bytebear
10-08-2008, 03:57 PM
I have already seen some WaMu branches with Chase ATMs in them.

Tinkermommy
10-12-2008, 05:57 PM
I used my WaMu debit card in the ATM by Wetzel's Pretzels in Downtown Disney today, and wasn't charged a fee.

Yay!

HobbitFeet
10-14-2008, 11:58 AM
Ooh, now that IS a silver lining!

We're switching most of our banking to a credit union (hubby's company stocks are run by JP Morgan and our car loan is by Chase, and it just felt like TOO MUCH of our money stuff was tied up with ONE place), but I've had the wamu account for so long it makes me sad to close it. So this is another "tick" in the column to keep the account for little reasons like this.