PDA

View Full Version : Left, Right, or Straight ahead

Pages : [1] 2

ScottC4746
09-26-2008, 03:52 AM
I am currious what you do when you reach the hub. Left to Adventureland/Frontierland; Straight to Fantasyland; or right to Tomorrowland?

jenniebean
09-26-2008, 03:54 AM
Depends on who I'm with-- my last boyfriend loved Space Mountain, so we went right. My little sister likes Peter Pan's Flight & Storybook Land, so we go straight. If it's anyone else, I usually demand we go left for Indy :D

ScottC4746
09-26-2008, 03:59 AM
Depends on who I'm with-- my last boyfriend loved Space Mountain, so we went right. My little sister likes Peter Pan's Flight & Storybook Land, so we go straight. If it's anyone else, I usually demand we go left for Indy :D
I was just curious because I worked for a theme park out of state once that you walked into the park walked up the street and were forced to go left or right. The park was in a loop. A majority of people went right because we are a right hand society it is a natural tendency. Look at the ques at Disney, left is usually shorter. We did find most people visiting from right hand drive countries (sit on the right drive on the left side of the road) tend to go left first.

cookie7762
09-26-2008, 06:22 AM
Since the direction taken at the hub generally depends on which rides you want to hit first, then perhaps another question would be whether you go through the right or left tunnel after entering the gates.

Tinkermommy
09-26-2008, 06:52 AM
Right tunnel, nearly every time.

petesimac
09-26-2008, 07:02 AM
It's funny, at DL, I always use the left tunnel, and at WDW I use the right tunnel. Once in the park, I usually go right at WDW into Tomorrowland, and at DL, I usually go left.

River Belle
09-26-2008, 07:36 AM
I'm right-handed, but I generally go left towards Frontierland from the hub, and I almost ALWAYS take the left tunnel to Main Street. ;)

CV12Pirate
09-26-2008, 08:18 AM
I turn around and go back to Blue Ribbon for another cookie.

yohomama212
09-26-2008, 08:29 AM
We are so weird when it comes to this... We usually always go through the tunnel on the right because there's a shop or something on that side of Main Street that we want/need to hit. But after Main Street, it's off to the left to head to POTC and HM. From there it depends on who is with us and what we are doing.

Elizabeth

dlfansx4
09-26-2008, 08:49 AM
I am currious what you do when you reach the hub. Left to Adventureland/Frontierland; Straight to Fantasyland; or right to Tomorrowland?

Straight through the middle of the hub. Our family tradition is to stop by and say Hello to Dumbo (we all stop at the Dumbo statue and give it a high five or say Good Morning or something equally as silly....but it is tradition so we do it every time). Then it is usually straight into Fantasyland to get those rides out of the way before the lines get long.

dlfansx4
09-26-2008, 08:50 AM
Since the direction taken at the hub generally depends on which rides you want to hit first, then perhaps another question would be whether you go through the right or left tunnel after entering the gates.

Usually to the left to avoid the people getting strollers, etc.

racccoon
09-26-2008, 09:01 AM
After my many years of going to DL, I noticed that the majority of people tend to go to the right towards Tomorrowland. Reason 1, people always look towards the right and go towards te right. Walt even knew this, that is why the stores of the east side of Main Street has nick-knacks, food, and photography supplies. Reason 2, more rides are visible from the hub in Tomorrowland, so people will be drawn to that land. By going to the left, I am actually going opposite of the crowds and I can do almost half of the major rides by the afternoon.

Mark Mywords
09-26-2008, 09:14 AM
Depends on what time of day it is.

Morning (right at opening): straight to Fantasyland

Morning (after the park has been open an hour or so): Usually left to grab passes for Indy or BTMR and have fun over on west side.

Noon-ish: Toss-up, either left or right. At that time, definitely not straight (Fantasyland will be packed by then). I'd probably send a runner right to grab passes for Space Mountain.

Afternoon: When the park is busy, we will definitely go left, see if we can score some fastpasses and enjoy the high capacity attractions over on that side of the park.

Evening: Another toss-up. The only time we really enjoy tomorrowland is at night. So, maybe right. Still it's hard to resist NOS at night, so maybe left again.

santoanderson
09-26-2008, 09:18 AM
We always head left, bee-lining for Indiana Jones and then Big Thunder Mountain.

Cathy at the Park
09-26-2008, 09:42 AM
If we park in Timon, we usually use a more right hand gate and then use the right hand tunnel. If we park in Mickey and Friends we usually take the Monorail in so no tunnel. If the entry lines are really long, and we have been standing a long time behind people that are yucky (smoking, swearing, line cutters, odious parenting, etc.) we enter which ever tunnel they do NOT use.:rolleyes: We think it gets the Disney mojo back on track:D

Then we usually head left to Indy to check for Fast Pass availability.

Cathy

FaithTrustPixieDust
09-26-2008, 09:42 AM
It really depends on who I'm with.

If I'm with my mom we go through the left tunnel, then head towards adventureland. That's probably because we are both left handed. lol

If I'm with my cousin and his friends we go through the right tunnel, then to tomarrowland. This probably happens because my cousin and his friends are right handed. lol

Tan Da Man
09-26-2008, 10:27 AM
You gotta go left..get a fast pass for Indy..then go to Splash Mountain..ride that twice...go on Pirates, then Haunted Mansion...then get a fast pass for Splash Mountain..hit Indy back up for the fast pass then go over to Space Mountain

Carina
09-26-2008, 10:34 AM
every day of our 5 day trip we were left tunnel - we caught the Mickey and friend tram so it was the side we stood in line at so naturally we entered that side

When I went as a kid we only entered on the right.... thought of it after we got home and found it kinda intresting

candles71
09-26-2008, 10:36 AM
ALWAYS go left from the hub, first ride is always, Jungle cruise, has been that way for 20 years for me. Tunnel- usually right as we are getting a stroller, later in the day we will use the left tunnel when coming back in.

ChurroGirl
09-26-2008, 10:44 AM
Always ALways we have to go through the left tunnel and then we go through the Left side for Adventureland/Fronteirland! POTC or Jungle Cruise are always the first rides of the day no matter how many days we are going for.

houseofmouse
09-26-2008, 10:45 AM
Depends for us which ride(s) we want to do first or if we want to get fastpasses, it is usually right. We usually never head straight into Fantasyland except when we search for the Dream Team we go through Fantasyland and then loop around by the Matterhorn and around Tritons garden.

Which bridge we go under is usually the left.

EeyoreGirl
09-26-2008, 11:28 AM
It depends on the time of day and what day of our trip it is.

On the first entry into the park on our first day we go to the right to ride ds3's favorite ride Astro Orbiter and then Buzz.

We usually go through the right tunnel because we walk to the park from our hotel on Harbor so we're usually going through the gate on the right side. If we go through the middle gates it all depends on which way less people are going so that it's easier to get our stoller through.

nbaum
09-26-2008, 11:30 AM
Left to Adventureland

GORGON
09-26-2008, 11:32 AM
Always Left

zombie pirate
09-26-2008, 11:36 AM
Left Adventure Land, Jungle Cruise is allways the 1st ride