PDA

View Full Version : Nestle Rumored to Pull out of Disneyland

Pages : [1] 2

ChurroGirl
09-24-2008, 08:46 PM
So I have no solid proof that this is true but I have read a few articles on random sites that are putting out this rumor that due to legal disputes Nestle is going to pull out of Disney Parks. I heard this a few months back and didnt think to post here to ask if anyone else knew anything.

Also along with the rumor it said that either Coco-Cola and Starbucks were going to "Team-Up" and do the distribution of food for the Carnation Cafe and the coffee through out the park.

Any one now anything about this? Or am I just being gullable;)?

olegc
09-24-2008, 10:15 PM
the "random sites" you mention are not random - they all track a lot of inside info and this one has been there a while. Apparently the big discussion is whether they will be able to retain the Carnation Cafe name for historical reasons.

Also, I hope we get something better than Starbucks drip- it has too much acidity to it for regular drinking, and the current stuff they use at many of the eateries in the park is too bitter. I just don't think you would see a "starbucks" in a traditional sense there in the park.

BTW - your starbucks reference is the 1st time I am seeing that. HOwever, Coke and Starbucks don't account for foods, ice cream, etc. in the usual sense so how would they do the distribution here (coffee I get, drinks I get, food? that;s not part of their current business model to do massive food distribution).

foolishmortal
09-24-2008, 10:34 PM
They need to get ConAgra to replace Nestle. Tons of food brands under them.
I miss the old Carnation brand:crying: before Nestle' took over. It was far better then anything Nestle has now.

How about some just normal coffee?? Just plain old joe, no bitter icky stuff.
I know the Dh would really like that.

ScottC4746
09-25-2008, 04:48 AM
I did a quick search on the net and Nestle' and Carnation are the same company. I do hope they improve the "food stand" coffee. I always get my cup of joe at the Bakery on Main Street and Plaza Inn when I dine there. The food stand coffee tasts instant to me.

kikid
09-25-2008, 07:26 AM
one word...PEET'S!:)

Drince88
09-25-2008, 07:32 AM
Do the rumors say Disneyland only, or from ALL domestic Disney parks?

Because I know many many people will jump for joy if they get rid of the Nescafe they serve as coffee in Florida!

adriennek
09-25-2008, 07:40 AM
Also, I hope we get something better than Starbucks drip

Oh please, no! No Staryucks! :(

Adrienne

olegc
09-25-2008, 07:48 AM
Oh please, no! No Staryucks! :(

Adrienne

what they should use is some of the italian brew that was mentioned in another thread about Cafe Orleans and breakfast. Apparently it's also served at Blue Bayou. However, my guess is that the beans are too expensive for massive delivery across the resort compared to two restaurants.

I would think that, unless starbucks ponies up a BUNCH of cash for sponsorship, they would not be put in. They are usually rumored to go in places because their name is so ubiquitos with coffee - but I can't see Disney limited their coffee delivery for large scale resort use to a coffee only company. NEstle provided ice cream, coffee, and other food items throughout the resort.

As with anything else Disneyland - you never know until the signature is on the paper and the details are final.

TLKbroadway
09-25-2008, 08:01 AM

Yes! My favorite. I miss it when I am in the I.E. Starbucks...eh.

MiaTurner
09-25-2008, 09:12 AM
I may just be remembering things totally wrong, but isn't the Blue Ribbon Bakery owned by Nestle as well?

Hope that doesn't mess with the menu :( I dunno what I'd do without my chocolate dipped mickey rice krispie treat and milk on the first day.

Malela9
09-26-2008, 04:53 AM
Anything but that nasty stuff they serve at DL please! I am a coffee freak and even the smell gets me sick! There are times I would love a cup of coffee, but don't buy one because it is go gross. I think at this point, anything would be an improvement.

Wendi
09-27-2008, 10:27 AM
I would be THRILLED to see Nestle get out of Disney Parks. Nestle is an extremely corrupt corporation and I can't stand seeing their products all over my favorite place. I love Peet's and don't like Starbucks, but this has way more to do with the flavor of coffee... I'll drink whatever you want to give me but I don't want my money going to Nestle (which means I must avoid a lot of stuff at DLR/WDW when I go).

Nonamia
09-28-2008, 11:03 AM
As someone that works for Staryucks.. ;) I'm all but certain they would not "team-up" with Coca~Cola since they have an agreement with Pepsi already....they bottle and can all of their frappuccino and coffee drinks....

Andrew
09-28-2008, 11:16 AM
Anything -- ANYTHING -- would be better than the garbage Nestle coyly refers to as "coffee". I don't care if it's Starbucks, Peets, CB&TL, Tully's, whatever. Perhaps Disney could strike a deal with one of the major distributors for a private label.

Actually, doesn't the Market House already sell "Mickey"-brand grounds in decorative tins?

janell
09-28-2008, 11:19 AM
That would be wonderful if we could get better coffee at DLR. Right now Im into Gloria Jean's coffee, Rasberry Choc. Truffle. Yummy! :) It would be cool if DLR had different flavors of coffee. Maybe different locations have different flavors, who knows. I hope they put it something really good and not just something you can get on every corner like Starbucks.

woody9six
09-28-2008, 09:55 PM
Winner, winner chicken dinner!

CindyR
09-29-2008, 08:58 AM
I tried the coffee yesterday for the first time, I was going to get hot chocolate but felt like that was too much sugar, big mistake! I'm not a regular coffee drinker and when I do drink it, I admit I drink the oversugared Starbucks of Coffee Bean stuff. So I ended up adding 8 packets of sugar and 2 or 3 creamers. Horrible on my part.

I think I'll stick to hot chocolate if I don't want soda. So if they replace Nestle I'll be okay if its decent hot chocolate, haha. Although, the Malibu Frappe thing they sell in California Adventure is really good. Is that made with Nestle coffee too?

candles71
09-29-2008, 09:07 AM
Anything -- ANYTHING -- would be better than the garbage Nestle coyly refers to as "coffee". I don't care if it's Starbucks, Peets, CB&TL, Tully's, whatever. Perhaps Disney could strike a deal with one of the major distributors for a private label.
I'm with you here, anything but Nestle bleck:(

Actually, doesn't the Market House already sell "Mickey"-brand grounds in decorative tins?

I looked at the can and it just says manufactured in USA exclusively for Walt Disney parks. I thought they actually had to put the manufacturer on stuff like this.

MrsGrumpy
09-29-2008, 09:24 AM
Do the rumors say Disneyland only, or from ALL domestic Disney parks?

Because I know many many people will jump for joy if they get rid of the Nescafe they serve as coffee in Florida!

Please say it's true...please...pretty please? ;)

Agreed, 100%. I would even be fine with Folger's or Maxwell House. Anything beats NESCAFE! -----> insert grossed- out looking smilie here <------ Nescafe is Nastcafe!

AVP
09-29-2008, 12:35 PM
Actually, doesn't the Market House already sell "Mickey"-brand grounds in decorative tins?It's private label. I'm not sure who the manufacturer is - I know who makes (http://www.mcstevens.com/index.asp) the Disney Hot Cocoa blends, but they don't do coffee so it's not them.

AVP

bayougirl89
10-07-2008, 11:53 AM

I definitely agree! The Nestle coffee is so completely disgusting, It tastes like week old instant. One of my hubby and my favorite things to do is to go into the park and buy coffee and then just wander around. But since Nestle took over the coffee sponsorship we don't do that anymore because the coffee is completely gross. I'm thinking that anything else has to be a huge step up.

FolsomFan
10-15-2008, 10:23 AM
I don't drink coffee, but have always wanted there to be Pepsi instead of Coke. :)

jMom
10-15-2008, 05:19 PM
Amen!

But it would probably go against their small batch roast philosophy, or something :( What the heck, we can dream, can't we? :~D

CindyR -- try some black tea next time (if it's not Lipton).

SteveK
10-15-2008, 09:25 PM
I would be THRILLED to see Nestle get out of Disney Parks. Nestle is an extremely corrupt corporation

Would love to see your sources on this. Nestle has been a client of mine for 16+ years and have found them to be anything but corrupt.

codewoman
10-16-2008, 08:30 AM
I don't drink coffee, but have always wanted there to be Pepsi instead of Coke. :)

How funny! I love that there's Coke there and not Pepsi like so many other places.