PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite Disneyland... Sound?

Pages : [1] 2 3

nursechrissy32
09-24-2008, 03:26 PM
Wow....I LOVE all the sounds! I would have to say my very first favorite is the sound of the magical wand waving as you get your ticket scanned....then there is the sound of..."The Disneyland Limited is now boarding...." ....oh gosh just like the smells..there are the sounds and the signts...

Obsess much? Oh yes, a much to much.....don't we all MP? hehehe

oohykitten
09-24-2008, 03:48 PM
that is easy the safety speil on the Matterhorn

jenniebean
09-24-2008, 03:52 PM

Hahaha, ditto!

& Mickey's "Some imagination, :giggle:" line at the end of Fantasmic!

ChurroGirl
09-24-2008, 03:56 PM
I have way to many!

I will have to agree with the boarding announcement for the Train, but I also LOVE the morris code ticking that goes on at NOS of the Opening Day speech!

jenniebean
09-24-2008, 04:13 PM
I also LOVE the morris code ticking that goes on at NOS of the Opening Day speech!

On the train yesterday, some people in front of me were like, "what is that noise?!" & I go, "it's the opening day speech from Walt Disney being transmitted via Morse code." A different family sitting next to me looked baffled & asked, "How do you know that?" to which I replied, "Oh... yeah... I come here a lot."

& I'd also have to add it to my list!

wendyxo
09-24-2008, 04:24 PM
The tick-tock of the clock on It's a Small World. :)

Rufus T Firefly
09-24-2008, 04:53 PM
" Yo ho, Yo ho. A pirate's life for me." :)

dutchess13
09-24-2008, 05:23 PM

"Permanecer sentados, por favor"- I love it!

I also love the first part of the old soundtrack to the Main street Electrical Parade.

njdrummer
09-24-2008, 05:39 PM
I also have many. The banjo at the top of POC is one, for sure.

ElectricBoots
09-24-2008, 06:54 PM
"Hold on to yer hats 'n glasses, 'cuz this here is the wildest ride in the wilderness!"

The Evil Queen
09-24-2008, 06:58 PM
I, too, love the morris code at NOS...also the "Here we GOOOOOOOO!" tag line at Peter Pan. Love it, love it, love it!!!! Oh! And I almost forgot the calliope playing "A Very Merry Unbirthday" at the teacups.

ChurroGirl
09-24-2008, 07:04 PM
I also have many. The banjo at the top of POC is one, for sure.

I absolutely LOVE! this sound. Everytime we go on it, it doesnt matter how many times we go in one day, I ALWAYS get goosepimples during that part:fez:

Foodie
09-24-2008, 07:33 PM
"Mark one...Mark two...Mark Twain..." :D

Mrs Mouse
09-24-2008, 08:52 PM
Nothing beats the sound as they scan your park ticket at the entry gates. It's just such a cheerful sound!

A very close second - the music played on Main St. To me, that music paired with the atmosphere of Main St. is just pure Disney. I could sit there and soak it in all day long.

leota's necklace
09-24-2008, 09:24 PM
but I also LOVE the morris code ticking that goes on at NOS of the Opening Day speech!

I, too, love the morris code at NOS...

Morse, folks. Morse Code. Named for Samuel Morse.

ChurroGirl
09-24-2008, 09:29 PM
The point got across any whos!:D

leota's necklace
09-24-2008, 09:35 PM
Actually, I didn't have a clue what you meant until jenniebean clarified.

One of my dear relatives has the last name Morris and so your post elicited a "say what now?" response from me.

As for my favorite sound, I think it's what you get at that sweet spot on Main Street...a combination of train station announcements, shots from the Jungle Cruise (oh, how I missed them when they were gone), and the Mark Twain whistle.

cookie7762
09-24-2008, 09:44 PM
I love the music played in the area between the parks as you get off the ART, particularly the instrumnetals of yo ho and hi-diddlee-dee. I also love the marching band playing as I enter the gates. Oh, and I wanna second the "hold on to your hats and glasses, this heres the wildest ride in the wilderness!"

Mrs Mouse
09-24-2008, 10:03 PM
I love the music played in the area between the parks as you get off the ART...

Oh my gosh, I can't believe I forgot this one! I mention how much I love it every time we walk through the area toward the park. Hearing that music is when I really feel like we're on a Disney vacation. :)

River Belle
09-24-2008, 10:36 PM
I'm grinning from ear to ear just reading these...

It would be impossible for me to choose just one, but I do love when I'm in the parking structure and I hear the whistle from the Mark Twain.

californiagirlx7
09-24-2008, 10:44 PM
There are so many sounds I love to listen to...I agree with others who said the little twinkling sound when they slide your Disneyland ticket in the front gates, the Disneyland Railroad announcements & the Morse code playing at New Orleans Square, a lot of different sounds from the rides like the boarding instructions for the Matterhorn and the clock ticking on It's a Small World. In fact, I have the soundtrack to all of the Disneyland rides and it's almost like being there.

foolishmortal
09-24-2008, 10:45 PM
My favorites are the Morse code in NOS , the crackling and creeking of the burning timbers in POTC even if it is mostly drowned out now by the song upgrades.My most fav the Ohhhh Ooooo sound that comes from the area just behind the mint julep area coming from NOS a little mornful ,a little POTC sounding. It is always playing! I just love it!

The train .....the happy bird sound when you get your ticket scanned! The bug sounds in Bugland(DCA), the banjo in POTC!

Oh and I just love the music in Adventureland,, I have it as a phone ring!

So many sounds to love! Such a happy place!
Will be soaking them up on the next trip!

ScottC4746
09-25-2008, 04:43 AM
Wow....I LOVE all the sounds! I would have to say my very first favorite is the sound of the magical wand waving as you get your ticket scanned....then there is the sound of..."The Disneyland Limited is now boarding...." ....oh gosh just like the smells..there are the sounds and the signts...

Obsess much? Oh yes, a much to much.....don't we all MP? hehehe
Gee that is hard to pin down...I have several:
The barber shop quartet on Main Street
Grim Grinning Ghosts
Queenie and Jambalya
The bell on the Main Street Street Car
The trains and the whistles

MoKat72
09-25-2008, 07:23 AM
The music emitting from the Alice ride as you walk between it and the Matterhorn. I spend entire trips singing that song in my head.

mousemom
09-25-2008, 07:38 AM
Anything connected with Soarin' over California!