PDA

View Full Version : blinking necklaces? tour group?

jenniebean
09-23-2008, 09:30 PM
So I was in the park today for my weekly homework session & saw this odd group around. It was comprised of about a dozen or more adults dressed in business wear, all with these blinking necklaces or lanyards or something (couldn't get a good look) around their necks & headphones. I first spotted them entering DL at 6, when I assume they had left DCA, with a tour guide dressed in a black cape & hat & the things were blinking green. I thought it was a foreign language tour, but she was speaking English...

About an hour later, while sitting at the Village Haus (or whatever it's called), I saw them again (I think it was the same group), but their things were blinking blue lights now. They were being led by a different tour guide up the stairs & behind the barriers by the skyway. While they were gone, this CM in the area puts on these weird black goggles that had blue lights for eyes & had some kind of detector (I assume it was a prop?) & was pretending to like, scan everything for, I'm guessing, passerby's interest. Then the group emerged from wherever they had been & she stated some spiel (I didn't catch it all) about "oh, where were you? I found some ghosts!" & then there were two camera guys; like, professional cameras were recording this.

I've never been on a tour there, but I've also never seen or heard about whatever this was. & why were there only adults? &, ghosts? Detectors? Cameras? Secret access to the skyway booth?

Can anyone shed some light on this? The minute I saw it, I literally started jotting down notes in my textbook so I wouldn't forget anything when I asked about it.

Bytebear
09-23-2008, 09:35 PM
Maybe they were from the show GhostHunters.

Phantom2006
09-23-2008, 09:36 PM
Well I can't shed any light on this. But when I was there last Friday I also saw them. When I saw them there lanyards were green.

jenniebean
09-23-2008, 09:42 PM
Maybe they were from the show GhostHunters.

I can only hope not... I get creeped out enough as it walking down those dark paths next to the castle at night, I don't need to be thinking it's haunted, too!

Drince88
09-24-2008, 04:28 AM
Was it a preview group for the Halloween tour?

PanFan
09-24-2008, 07:30 AM
Was it a preview group for the Halloween tour?

Yes. My best friend practiced part of it on me before Candlelight rehearsal on Monday. It sounds cute--same idea as last year, but a completely different script. Your actual "guide" is a ghost hunting nerd (hence the goggles) who's actually quite nervous and superstitious. However, this "guide" "loses" the group and someone else a bit more mysterious takes over...

jenniebean
09-24-2008, 08:59 AM
Yes. My best friend practiced part of it on me before Candlelight rehearsal on Monday. It sounds cute--same idea as last year, but a completely different script. Your actual "guide" is a ghost hunting nerd (hence the goggles) who's actually quite nervous and superstitious. However, this "guide" "loses" the group and someone else a bit more mysterious takes over...

Ahhh thank you! I've never really been in the parks much during the Halloween promo, so I guess I've never encountered it! But, yeah, now that it's just "Disney magic," much less creepy, much more fun. What about the cameras? Promotional video? Or part of the act?

racccoon
09-24-2008, 09:17 AM
That tour sounds like fun. I just wish the price of the tour was a little cheaper.

jenniebean
09-24-2008, 10:21 AM
Also, PanFan, if your friend was practicing again last night around 7 in Fantasyland... quite a good job immersing herself in the role! (Clearly enough to fool me, haha)