PDA

View Full Version : Leaves in the fall (Autumn)

ScottC4746
09-23-2008, 03:49 PM
I just realized I have never seen a leaf fall inside Disneyland nor do I remember fall colors. Am I wrong on this?

mikotorocks714
09-23-2008, 03:57 PM
You crazy LOL? When I work Esplanade at night there's a BUNCH of leaves to clean up or blow away then sweep up. The hosers wash the rest onto the drains then are picked up when they're done hosing with the area hoses. Maybe that's why you never see any? Heck, this was just a few days ago. It's not even Autumn yet.

VickiC
09-23-2008, 09:02 PM
I think they do use a lot of evergreen foliage when landscaping, for that year round lush look.

Drince88
09-24-2008, 04:31 AM
It's not even Autumn yet.

Autum started on Monday.

mikotorocks714
09-24-2008, 12:31 PM
No duh. I meant the time I was blowing leaves on the Esplanade.

Drince88
09-24-2008, 12:35 PM
No duh. I meant the time I was blowing leaves on the Esplanade.

I figured that's what you meant. :fez:

I wore 'fall clothes' to work on Monday and really suffered for it. Though it is SUPER nice HERE today(far far away from Disneyland - at 3:00pm, 83F, 46% RH dew point of 60F and sunny - can't ask for much better than that!)

mikotorocks714
09-24-2008, 12:40 PM
I figured that's what you meant. :fez:

I wore 'fall clothes' to work on Monday and really suffered for it. Though it is SUPER nice HERE today(far far away from Disneyland - at 3:00pm, 83F, 46% RH dew point of 60F and sunny - can't ask for much better than that!)

NO! You wish for sun? You crazy? Ha, ha Fall is the best! I'll tell you this though, working 3rd shift hours at Disneyland GETS REALLY miserable. Especially if you work Esplanade or the Mickey and Friends structure. So cold a parka and who knows how many layers of clothes can't keep you warm.

Drince88
09-24-2008, 01:00 PM
I grew up in the Pacific Northwest and am really tired of 'grey' so sunny but not hot or humid is my favorite weather.

(I also have a convertible, and around here, gray often means 'about ready to rain, maybe' so that means no driving around topless :D)

mikotorocks714
09-24-2008, 01:11 PM
I grew up in the Pacific Northwest and am really tired of 'grey' so sunny but not hot or humid is my favorite weather.

(I also have a convertible, and around here, gray often means 'about ready to rain, maybe' so that means no driving around topless :D)

Well, I guess rain does get get boring after A LONG downpour. But watching movies at home on a rainy day is fun!

ScottC4746
09-25-2008, 04:57 AM
You crazy LOL? When I work Esplanade at night there's a BUNCH of leaves to clean up or blow away then sweep up. The hosers wash the rest onto the drains then are picked up when they're done hosing with the area hoses. Maybe that's why you never see any? Heck, this was just a few days ago. It's not even Autumn yet.
I guess that was an image Walt wanted where everything looked like the spring time. I just think it is funny walking down Main Street and seeing the Fall Overlay (Halloween/Thanksgiving) and not one brown, yellow, red, or orange leaf.