PDA

View Full Version : Monorail timeline

swcrazy
11-11-2002, 01:46 PM
Since we are currently on the Mark V, I was wondering which monorails were used during which time periods. Can anyone help me out with this?

Also which had the bubble tops and which didn't?

Bill Catherall
11-11-2002, 01:59 PM
Yesterland.com (http://www.yesterland.com/monorail.html) has some good information, but it doesn't completely answer your question.

Which really kind of surprises me. You'd think Yesterland.com would be the place to find all historical info on Disneyland. :(

refurbmike
11-11-2002, 02:04 PM
http://dlmonorail.com/ is a site completely about the monorail.

smd4
11-11-2002, 02:52 PM
I don't know, Bill, I think it pretty much Yesterland pretty much answers the question. Both sites posted above make no mention of a Mark IV version, so I wonder if there even was one.

All versions of the monorails except the current Mk V (and, as GD points out, the Mk IV in FL) had bubble tops.

Ghoulish Delight
11-11-2002, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by smd4
I don't know, Bill, I think it pretty much Yesterland pretty much answers the question. Both sites posted above make no mention of a Mark IV version, so I wonder if there even was one.

All versions of the monorails except the curent Mk V had bubble tops. Mark IV is the version installed at WDW, so it's not mentioned in any of the DL sites.

Anyone remember what version is in Vegas?

Bill Catherall
11-12-2002, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by smd4
I don't know, Bill, I think it pretty much Yesterland pretty much answers the question. It didn't answer about the bubble top.

MonorailMan
11-12-2002, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Ghoulish Delight
Mark IV is the version installed at WDW, so it's not mentioned in any of the DL sites.

Anyone remember what version is in Vegas?

I thought the vegas ones were Mark IVs, and at WDW has Mark Vs. :confused:

tikiboy
11-12-2002, 08:39 PM
The predecessor monorails from WDW are in Vegas, but I didn't think they had bubble tops. An easy way to distinguish them from the Disneyland Mark Vs is that the Mark IVs have door handles on the outside and swing open like a car door.

Wheras we all know the Mark Vs have no handles and slide to the side.