PDA

View Full Version : Private Princess Audience

Marasmama
09-22-2008, 02:24 PM
Yesterday my DD and DH and I were standing in line for the Matterhorn when my husband noticed a castmember with a pin lanyard he wanted to check out. She chatted with us and next thing we know we were handed a voucher for a private audience with a princess over at the Princess Fantasy Faire. My three year old had a ball chatting with Aurora (her current favorite) and Snow White for about 5 minutes in an area that is labled as being for castmembers only on the door behind the blue shield House Right of the stage. Has anyone heard of this being given out to guests before? There wasn't a "Year of a Million Dreams" icon anywhere on the voucher.

evrythngwmn
09-22-2008, 02:32 PM
It sounds like what you received was a Magical Moment. An extra nicety. Every line of business has one. Here's an example: Security chooses a child every morning at PCH Grill and Storytellers to help "open" the restaurant. They get balloons and some other goodies. The "Reserved Table" at non-table service food locations is another example. It's done at a few different food locations and is the Magical Moment for foods. The private time with Crush at Turtle Talk is another Magical Moment. Sounds like they've created the same for the Princess Fantasy Faire.

angelbabie611
09-22-2008, 03:10 PM
This happened to me and my family back in January when I went with my two sisters and my sister's five kids. I wanted to trade pins with a cast member and she began to chat with us about where we were from and noticed that my nephew had a first time pin on. She said she thought we were cool and wanted to know if we wanted to spend some one on one time with a princess. My four nieces were really excited and my nephew too. We got to spend time with Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella. We chatted and took some group shots as well as individual ones with each princess. It was really a neat experience.

Rockchalker
09-22-2008, 05:41 PM
We got to do this the week before Christmas last year. We went into a small room at the far right of bottom area at Princess Faire. My DD and DS got to meet Sleeping Beauty and Snow White. It was definitely the highlight of the trip for my DD! She still talks about it!

mousemom
09-23-2008, 11:19 AM
That's so cool! I hope they do more and more things like that. Smart idea really...those magical moments really create an emotional attachment to Disneyland and keep us wanting to come back all the more!

Disney Daddy of 4
09-23-2008, 07:53 PM
very cool.

Carina
09-24-2008, 02:07 PM
Will magical moments continue after YOAMD?

Second Star
09-24-2008, 03:21 PM
This sound really cool! :)

I know its really for the little ones, but I've got a soon to be 17 yo who would wet herself if this happened to her.

ellisfamily
09-24-2008, 07:36 PM
The last time we went. We had a similar experience. My husband and Son were waiting for my daugher and I (they were holding a good spot for the parade) to return with dinner. A CM came up and sat down next to my hubby and just started talking to him about where we were from and how many times we had visited and so forth. My husband was so excited! He asked him a ton of questions and when we came back he gave us all honorary citizen buttons! It was just a little thing, but it was a magical moment for my hubby to have his very own CM!

Mrs Mouse
09-24-2008, 08:47 PM
DH and I experienced this while on our honeymoon this summer at WDW. We were just walking up Main St. when a castmember approached us and started a conversation - asked how we were enjoying our vacation, had we seen any princesses yet, etc. Next thing we knew we're in line on a red carpet in the photo shop waiting to meet Cinderella.

We felt goofy because we have no kids and were basically the only two adults in line but it was a blast! I love little touches like this, it just makes the day so special.