PDA

View Full Version : Who said Disney Parks are dry?

ScottC4746
09-22-2008, 07:15 AM
I went to the Cove Bar at DCA and had a Martini, I was taken back at first at the $10.25 price tag, but WOW! Big glass and kick at the end. I love the toothpicks, they are made out of bamboo. I then went on TSM and scored my highest since I have been on it. Could there be a connection?

jenniebean
09-22-2008, 10:33 AM
haha, loves it!

Might I inquire where the Cove Bar is?

All my friends want to celebrate their 21sts in like, dive bars or Vegas... I want to go to Disneyland.

olegc
09-22-2008, 10:37 AM
haha, loves it!

Might I inquire where the Cove Bar is?

All my friends want to celebrate their 21sts in like, dive bars or Vegas... I want to go to Disneyland.

outside Ariel's restaurant on the bridge going towards Screamin....

jenniebean
09-22-2008, 10:47 AM
outside Ariel's restaurant on the bridge going towards Screamin....

thank you! I didn't know it had a separate name... but seeing as Ariel is my favorite, it just makes it that much better!

MoKat72
09-22-2008, 11:12 AM
Not to go off topic too far, but...

Jennie, I'd recommend the Lost Bar at the Disneyland Hotel, too. I believe the Lost Boys band still plays there and it's a fun place to have a drink after a long day of playing in the parks. :)

K & S
09-22-2008, 05:07 PM
I went to the Cove Bar at DCA and had a Martini, I was taken back at first at the $10.25 price tag, but WOW! Big glass and kick at the end. I love the toothpicks, they are made out of bamboo. I then went on TSM and scored my highest since I have been on it. Could there be a connection?

I love the Cove Bar!

Rockchalker
09-22-2008, 05:39 PM

I think the only Disney Parks that are dry are Disneyland, Magic Kingdom, etc. However, the Stitch toothpick holder (according to the price tag) I picked up at MK for my co-worker certainly looked like a shot glass! :~D

Jennie, I'd recommend the Lost Bar at the Disneyland Hotel, too. I believe the Lost Boys band still plays there and it's a fun place to have a drink after a long day of playing in the parks.

I do love the Lost Bar!

Darkbeer
09-22-2008, 05:42 PM
FYI, the Lost Bar no longer offers any sort of entertainment, other than the Sports on the TV's and the Bartenders bad jokes ;)

sandiegorob
09-22-2008, 06:25 PM
The long islands are getting weaker with every visit. Sad, very sad.

CV12Pirate
09-22-2008, 06:26 PM
Club 33

DizMe
09-22-2008, 07:18 PM
There's a stand in DCA, I've heard, that sells Margaritas. I just may have to look for that when we go next month.

doublewide77
09-22-2008, 07:25 PM
There's a stand in DCA, I've heard, that sells Margaritas. I just may have to look for that when we go next month.

I believe that's Rita's Margaritas a stand right next to the Cocina Mexican Grill in Pacific Wharf. Not sure what hours/days it's open, seems it's closed some of the times I've been around.

Darkbeer
09-22-2008, 07:29 PM
I believe that's the stand right next to the Cocina Mexican Grill in Pacific Wharf. Not sure what hours it's open.

In the off-season, weekends only, usually something like Noon to 7 PM.

jenniebean
09-22-2008, 08:40 PM
Clearly, I'll have a list of places to hit when March rolls around ;)

Although, with this birthday promo, I'm trying to convince my parents we need to go to WDW for my birthday... I've always wanted to do drinks around the world (showcase, that is)!

MadasaHatter
09-23-2008, 08:44 AM
Yeah,

Sometimes the Cove Bar is even closed on off season. We have experienced that before as it is a GREAT place to get a drink and the Margaritas there are better than the ones at the stand. 10.25 is pretty normal if you are calling your booze(Tanqueray, Grey Goose, Chopin or Hendriks say) If it is just well booze then OUCH!!!!!!

Going to Disneyland the first week in October and cannot wait to have a drink at the COVE BAR. Will now try out the LOST BAR too.....hooray!!

Then again....I am mad......

Jodi
09-23-2008, 08:49 AM
Riding Soarin after a few drinks at the Cove Bar makes for an interesting experience!

My sister's Mouse Adventure team is the Cove Bar Cuties. Guess where they will celebrate after the game?

ScottC4746
09-23-2008, 03:46 PM
Yeah,

Sometimes the Cove Bar is even closed on off season. We have experienced that before as it is a GREAT place to get a drink and the Margaritas there are better than the ones at the stand. 10.25 is pretty normal if you are calling your booze(Tanqueray, Grey Goose, Chopin or Hendriks say) If it is just well booze then OUCH!!!!!!

Going to Disneyland the first week in October and cannot wait to have a drink at the COVE BAR. Will now try out the LOST BAR too.....hooray!!

Then again....I am mad......
I never called so I assumed that was well.

MadasaHatter
09-24-2008, 09:33 AM
Actually some bars don't even carry well brands (Gordon's, Ronrico, Seagrams etc) and only carry the $$$$ stuff....I wouldn't be surprised if that is the case at the Cove....