PDA

View Full Version : new watches coming out

cstephens
09-20-2008, 09:43 AM
I was browsing around at the new watches that are going to be released in the next couple weeks (http://www.register123.com/event/profile/web/index.cfm?PKwebID=0x66995bceb&varPage=home). I think that Maleficent watch is gorgeous, and I love the Haunted Mansion and HMH ones too. I'm thinking that HM one is going to sell really well.

MammaSilva
09-20-2008, 09:57 AM
Thanks once again for the heads up! I love the HM watch and have to figure out a way to justify it LOL

Heffalump
09-20-2008, 11:04 AM
The Donald one makes me giggle. That was my sons face recently. lol :)
Wish we could buy one. I never bought a Disney watch before.

cstephens
09-20-2008, 12:13 PM
Thanks once again for the heads up! I love the HM watch and have to figure out a way to justify it LOL

No kidding! I so don't need another watch, but I *love* that one.

olegc
09-20-2008, 04:24 PM
Fortuosity shop? no more New century Time Pieces? I forgot what the plan was for the shop - but I hope it's not a drastic change (I can see it now - would you like plush with your watch)..

biolabetty
09-20-2008, 09:18 PM
Fortuosity shop? no more New century Time Pieces? I forgot what the plan was for the shop - but I hope it's not a drastic change (I can see it now - would you like plush with your watch)..

I was in the WOD store last weekend. The CMs there said it was going to be a purse and accessory store. I spent a lot of time looking for watches last weekend, and it is a pain to find one now. They have the really expensive ones in the jewelry store, and the others are spread throughout the universe. There are some in the back of the Emporium, but you can't get anyone to show you one because they have to man the cash registers too and couldn't take the time to do so. There are some in every major shop, but I eventually gave up on finding one in DL, and went to the WOD store where they still have a watch counter and people who work only that area and know what they are doing.

One CM told me that Disney didn't feel that they sold very many watches, which I have a really hard time believing.

olegc
09-20-2008, 10:00 PM
One CM told me that Disney didn't feel that they sold very many watches, which I have a really hard time believing.

Oh I believe it - that's why so many watches today say "Limited To Month of Production" or for Sleeping Beauty limited to 25. this is because the old number they used to make, 250, is not selling as well (OK, I don't have facts, but it's a good hunch). I think overall Disney Art collecting, including watches, has diminished.

I can say that the watch series I named, "Uno Mouse Tres" while standing in the store many years ago sold all 250 pieces and was one of their best sellers (according to Charles).

jonesin4Dland
09-20-2008, 11:24 PM
Alot of people just use their cellphones to check the time now. Watches are going the way of print film.:crying:

biolabetty
09-20-2008, 11:47 PM
Alot of people just use their cellphones to check the time now. Watches are going the way of print film.:crying:

OK, I'm feeling old now.

TheDisneyDude
09-30-2008, 10:01 PM
I think the one with Mickey and the group sitting around the table for thanksgiving is awesome... Wish I could afford one.