PDA

View Full Version : Decided to buy into DVC!

eyenjeff
09-19-2008, 06:31 PM
Wed.:D was our wedding anniversary and my husband took off from work. We couldnt decide what to do so we decided to go to the mall. We live near Woodfield mall in Schaumburg, Il which is a huge mall. They have a Disney DVC store there. I guess it is the only one in the country outside of Disney. ( so she told us today).

We decided to go in and see what DVC is all about and after about 2 hours of info and a wonderfully nice castmember we have decided to do it! We are going back on Sat and signing the papers after we figure out how many points we are going to get. We are thinking around 200 to start with. Our home resort will be AKV. They have incentives of giving you an extra 160 points to use at Saratoga springs resort til May 2009 when the AKV open. Also they give you $8.oo per point gift towards your down payment so that is an extra $1600.00. So they require a $5oo down pymt, then they will add $1600 so that will give you a $2100 down pymt. After listening to the whole speech from a very nice no pressure cast member, we decided we are going to just do it!

We are going to read thru the points book and decide on how many points we think we will use and then what is the most we can afford, and then go from there. I am sooo excited!

They had exact copies of the rooms there from studio to one bedroom to 2 bedrooms, and they were so nice. Even the studio was great. Perfect for my husband and I and even if we go with the kids when they are still small if we go for a weekend, we could fit easily.

We have never seen AKL so when we go in Dec we are going to make it a point to go and see it. That will be our home resort, but as we understand it, we can stay anywhere just have to use the 11 month, 7 month rules thing. We usually go off season anyway so it should not be a problem.

Did I say we are sooooo excited????!!!!

This doesnt help our Dec trip but it will get us some shopping discounts etc...as we really want to stay at the Poly this time anyway. Then after that it is DVC all the way! Hurray!!!

mom22gls
09-20-2008, 03:54 AM
Congratulations. We stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge in June, and loved it. Our home resort is Saratoga Springs, and we stay there when we need a larger unit, but we like getting a hotel-based studio for weekends, when a one-bedroom villa would be too many points. You can get a lot of use out of 200 points, by taking advantage of banking and borrowing, you could probably do a one-bedroom unit for Sunday-Thursday. I suggest, for some trips, you consider "hopping" to a studio at another resort, for a couple of nights, especially over a weekend. The Beach Club is totally amazing. You can spend many hours at the pool, and it's a quick walk to Epcot.

DVC Mike
09-20-2008, 04:39 AM
Congratulations and Welcome Home!

eyenjeff
09-20-2008, 06:33 PM
thank you all!

anniedg
09-20-2008, 07:44 PM
Wow! What a perfect anniversary present -- congratulations!! :D

(said with a hint of envy)

jenniebean
09-20-2008, 08:49 PM
Congratulations! Nothing like an excuse to go back to Disney :)

& I was quite surprised to see "Woodfield Mall" since I have seen so few fellow Chicago suburbanites on MP! I LOVE the DVC there-- I have been trying to get my mom & dad in there for months because I know once they see how awesome it is, they'll finally cave.

I've stayed in the Beach Club Villas before... so, so lovely. & definitely the best pool of all the WDW hotels. & have a fantastic time at the Poly, too!

Once the Grand Californian DVC property is done, I'd highly recommend traveling out here during Casimir Pulaski weekend, as it's an Illinois-exclusive holiday, & DL tends to be less crowded (WDW is empty-ish, too, but it's considered peak season there).

deanglin
09-21-2008, 06:31 PM
Welcome!!! We are making or first DVC trip this Christmas.

eyenjeff
09-21-2008, 06:41 PM
Congratulations! Nothing like an excuse to go back to Disney :)

& I was quite surprised to see "Woodfield Mall" since I have seen so few fellow Chicago suburbanites on MP! I LOVE the DVC there-- I have been trying to get my mom & dad in there for months because I know once they see how awesome it is, they'll finally cave.

I've stayed in the Beach Club Villas before... so, so lovely. & definitely the best pool of all the WDW hotels. & have a fantastic time at the Poly, too!

Once the Grand Californian DVC property is done, I'd highly recommend traveling out here during Casimir Pulaski weekend, as it's an Illinois-exclusive holiday, & DL tends to be less crowded (WDW is empty-ish, too, but it's considered peak season there).

Thanks for the welcome! Do you live in the Chicago area? thanks for the idea about Disneyland, we will take you advice!

eyenjeff
09-21-2008, 06:42 PM
welcome!!! We are making or first dvc trip this christmas.

thanks!

jenniebean
09-22-2008, 10:47 AM
Thanks for the welcome! Do you live in the Chicago area? thanks for the idea about Disneyland, we will take you advice!

Far north suburbs :) Woodfield is our shopping mecca.

deanglin
12-11-2008, 06:09 PM
Welcome!!! We are making or first DVC trip this Christmas.
We leave one week from today! YEAH!