PDA

View Full Version : Observation About the Disneyland Forum

Klutch
11-10-2002, 05:22 PM
I find it quite interesting, and quite wonderful, that this forum enjoys so much participation. It's ironic that the Walt Disney World forum, with what one would expect to be much more material to discuss, doesn't have near the number of people or messages.

Fine bunches of folks lurk in all areas. This one seems special. The reasons are many; Disneyland is more of a locals hangout than WDW, people visit more often, etc. But most of all, of course it's the people.

Laffite
11-10-2002, 05:24 PM
I thought it was because there's more west coast people here than east coast, so we discuss DLR more, no?

Preston

teri
11-10-2002, 09:13 PM
There are several other boards which focus on Walt Disney World, and Disneyland is almost an afterthought.

Another way to think about it is that there is so much excellent WDW trip planning information on the MousePlanet site that people don't have that many questions. :)

Kevin Yee
11-11-2002, 08:56 AM
I'll agree with the WDW trip planning info - Brian Bennett is both good and thorough - but I am less sure that MP is a mostly West Coast thing. You'd be surprised by what our visitors are here to see. I do agree, though, that the West Coast visitors are more vocal, particularly when it comes to the discussion board. And yes, that probably has to do with being local (and thus meeting each other, sometimes even on a regular basis).