PDA

View Full Version : Coming soon to Disneyland - Monthly Payment Annual Passes

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

AVP
09-18-2008, 06:58 PM
Just posted to my MousePlanet Blog (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/blog.php?b=268):

Though everyone is talking about the official announcement of the 2009 "What Will You Celebrate" marketing campaign, the Disneyland Resort quietly announced another new program to cast members today.

Starting this fall, Disneyland Resort passholders will be offered the opportunity to fiance their Annual Passports over 12 months. Passholders will make a deposit equal to the cost of a one-day, one-park ticket, then pay the balance over 12 months. Payments will be automatically charged to a credit card placed on file at the time the passport is purchased.

This option will be available to new passholders starting November 4th, 2008; and for renewals on January 1, 2009. The program will be offered only to residents of Southern California, and is available for all four passport types.

AVP

Doodle Duck
09-18-2008, 07:10 PM
woo hoo!!! More great news!!!

If our pass expires on the 1st of Oct. are we considered NEW on Nov 4th????

adriennek
09-18-2008, 07:10 PM
Oh wow. This could be good news for our family. Currently only one of us even has a passport and he doesn't know how to drive...

Adrienne

mulansgirl
09-18-2008, 07:17 PM
I am happy I might be able to get a pass again, but then I think if I have to make payments on it should I really get it?
Will there be intrest?

AVP
09-18-2008, 07:25 PM
woo hoo!!! More great news!!!

If our pass expires on the 1st of Oct. are we considered NEW on Nov 4th????The way it was explained to me is that the renewal letters sent to the November and December-expiration passholders won't include this option because the program wasn't finalized at the time the letters were prepared. If your pass expires 10/1 and you don't renew, then you can buy an AP on the monthly payment plan on 11/4.

Will there be intrest?Nope!

AVP

Andrew
09-18-2008, 07:26 PM
I'll be purchasing a new AP in November (previous one expired in July) so I'll put the "only SoCal" restriction to the test.

adriennek
09-18-2008, 07:30 PM
I'll be purchasing a new AP in November (previous one expired in July) so I'll put the "only SoCal" restriction to the test.

If they say no, I suggest asking them "Don't you know who I AM?!?!?"

Adrienne

Tinkermommy
09-18-2008, 07:33 PM
Wow -- that's an interesting new development. I wonder what effect, if any, it will have on the number of people who buy APs?

It will sure make that PAP renewal bill less painful!

ChurroGirl
09-18-2008, 07:36 PM
I think this is a really cool thing for SoCal people but a little on the unfair side for out of towners.

I am going to assume that the reason Disney did this was because the SoCal population goes more so than out of towners?

olegc
09-18-2008, 07:41 PM
I think this is a really cool thing for SoCal people but a little on the unfair side for out of towners.

I am going to assume that the reason Disney did this was because the SoCal population goes more so than out of towners?

actully I think it's to get more people to buy passes. How many folks have automatic credit payments taken out for gym memberships/etc. and never go. folks who can afford all up front will do it - but now those who live check to check will buy a pass too...

more pass holders.....

Seashellmama
09-18-2008, 07:46 PM
It will sure make that PAP renewal bill less painful!

Yeah... I worry, though, that it will make price increases rather that much easier to implement and still sell.

I wonder about the small print, though- can you cancel without penalty before the year is up?

ScottC4746
09-18-2008, 07:52 PM
Starting this fall, Disneyland Resort passholders will be offered the opportunity to fiance their Annual Passports over 12 months. That is great. Since my DMV bill with the state of California is twice what a premium annual passport it, this would be wonderful.

Alex S.
09-18-2008, 07:55 PM
Will it automatically renew and continue (which would be interesting if they essentially made the annual pass into a club membership) or does it automatically end after the year is paid for?

What happens if you sign up use the heck out of the benefits for 2 months and then close the debit/credit card that is being used? Are you billed for the rest?

ScottC4746
09-18-2008, 08:00 PM
Will it automatically renew and continue (which would be interesting if they essentially made the annual pass into a club membership) or does it automatically end after the year is paid for?

What happens if you sign up use the heck out of the benefits for 2 months and then close the debit/credit card that is being used? Are you billed for the rest?
Hmmm things to think about. On the former, seeing how Disney is on the discounts, I doubt it will be automatic renewals. On the latter, I never thought about that.

K & S
09-18-2008, 08:02 PM
Yeah... I worry, though, that it will make price increases rather that much easier to implement and still sell.

I wonder about the small print, though- can you cancel without penalty before the year is up?

That's the first thing I thought too.

Niwel
09-18-2008, 08:04 PM
I love this idea :)
I buy Mr. Niwel his pass every year for Chanukah. This will make it easier to pay for two.

ScottC4746
09-18-2008, 08:05 PM
That's the first thing I thought too.
I only hope they do not aliante the pass holders by doing this....or worse, turning the place into a Six Flags.

Tinkermommy
09-18-2008, 08:21 PM
I'll bet a LOT of people will be getting APs for Christmas this year!

ScottC4746
09-18-2008, 08:28 PM
I'll bet a LOT of people will be getting APs for Christmas this year!
We will have to see.

AVP
09-18-2008, 09:03 PM
I wonder about the small print, though- can you cancel without penalty before the year is up?No. You are purchasing a one-year pass, and financing it over 12 months.

Will it automatically renew and continue (which would be interesting if they essentially made the annual pass into a club membership) or does it automatically end after the year is paid for?I believe you will have the option to renew for another year, and I don't know if another downpayment will be required. Honestly, I don't think they've decided anything yet.

What happens if you sign up use the heck out of the benefits for 2 months and then close the debit/credit card that is being used? Are you billed for the rest? I don't know what collection measures they will use, but I'm sure they have given quite a bit of thought into how they are going to handle deadbeats.

I'll bet a LOT of people will be getting APs for Christmas this year!Very likely more than usual, though I think the biggest bump will come from people who come to redeem their free Birthday Ticket and realize for just $65 they can upgrade to a SoCal Select pass.

AVP

Seashellmama
09-18-2008, 09:43 PM
I think the biggest bump will come from people who come to redeem their free Birthday Ticket and realize for just $65 they can upgrade to a SoCal Select pass.

Ohhhh. That's a really hefty discount on an annual pass, huh, if you buy it on your birthday (in 2009).

tHeDiSnEyKiD
09-18-2008, 11:46 PM
this is the tightest announcement ever from Disney. Only one question, hopefully someone can answer, if you wanted to upgrade your pass, can you finance that? I'm gonna upgrade to a premium soon, but it would make iot easier to finance the rest. Hopefully someone knows...

AVP
09-19-2008, 07:39 AM
this is the tightest announcement ever from Disney. Only one question, hopefully someone can answer, if you wanted to upgrade your pass, can you finance that? I'm gonna upgrade to a premium soon, but it would make iot easier to finance the rest. Hopefully someone knows...No. The offer is valid only for new APs purchased on or after November 4th, then on AP renewals effective on or after January 1.

AVP

Boo's Mommy
09-19-2008, 08:21 AM
Ohhhh. That's a really hefty discount on an annual pass, huh, if you buy it on your birthday (in 2009).

Would they even give you the credit of that ticket on your birthday considering it was free?

AVP
09-19-2008, 08:55 AM
Would they even give you the credit of that ticket on your birthday considering it was free?If you do not already hold a valid annual pass, the Birthday Ticket can be upgraded to a park-hopper, multi-day ticket or any annual passport. You'll receive the value of the Birthday Ticket ($69 or $59) towards the upgrade.

If you upgrade the Birthday Ticket to an annual passport, the ticket also counts as the downpayment if you choose the monthly-payment annual passport option.

AVP