PDA

View Full Version : Could it really be true? [Get in Disneyland for free on your birthday]

Pages : [1] 2 3

Bytebear
09-18-2008, 12:10 PM
http://ocresort.freedomblogging.com/2008/09/18/get-in-disneyland-for-free-on-your-birthday/http://ocresort.freedomblogging.com/2008/09/18/get-in-disneyland-for-free-on-your-birthday/

Starting Jan. 1, the two theme parks will let you in free to one of them on your birthday.

If you already have a multi-day ticket or annual pass, you can choose an “alternate birthday treat,” like a gift card, a ticket for another day or Fast passes for the rest of your group – up to six people.

The gift will be worth the value of a day pass to one park.

Andrew
09-18-2008, 12:18 PM
It's true. Check out the ongoing thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=115046) for more.

ScottC4746
09-18-2008, 12:22 PM
http://ocresort.freedomblogging.com/2008/09/18/get-in-disneyland-for-free-on-your-birthday/http://ocresort.freedomblogging.com/2008/09/18/get-in-disneyland-for-free-on-your-birthday/
The link to sign up is http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/disneyparks/en_US/WhatWillYouCelebrate/index?name=FreeOnYourBirthdayPage

Boo's Mommy
09-18-2008, 03:22 PM
I saw that and thought, "hmmm, not much good if you are a passholder".

But then I JUST received an email from Disney Destinations addressing that and you are given the following options if you are a passholder:

"A Disney Birthday Present For Every Passholder!
Since birthdays are the one celebration we all share, let's start with a magical birthday present. On your birthday in 2009, you can receive free admission to one of the Theme Parks of the Disneyland Resort. Or if you use your Pass for admission on your birthday, you can choose one of the following magical birthday presents:

*A special birthday FASTPASS® ticket† for certain attractions at the Theme Park you visit on your birthday; or

*A Birthday Fun Card in an amount equal to the price of a 1-Day/1-Park Disneyland® Resort ticket*, which can be used at participating locations for select merchandise, in-Park Disney's PhotoPass® services and tour experiences; or

*A 1-Day/1-Park Disneyland® Resort ticket for you to use any time until your next birthday.

So that's cool, i'd take the Dirthday Fun Card!

Bytebear
09-18-2008, 04:15 PM
I know the FP is good for up to 6, but is the 1 day/ 1park ticket transferable. Not really a deal if you are a PAP holder.

Darkbeer
09-18-2008, 04:41 PM
I know the FP is good for up to 6, but is the 1 day/ 1park ticket transferable. Not really a deal if you are a PAP holder.

No, the One Day ticket will have your name on it. It is basically for someone who has already decided to not renew when their AP expires, and then can get an additional visit in the 12 month period from their birthday.

olegc
09-18-2008, 04:41 PM

I don't think ANY of the prizes are transferable. when you read the rules it says you MUST bring ID with you to get in for free or get your prize. I guess if you hand someone the prize after you're inside the park then it does not matter - but they can't be you at the gate.

AVP
09-18-2008, 04:42 PM
I know the FP is good for up to 6, but is the 1 day/ 1park ticket transferable. Not really a deal if you are a PAP holder.The ticket is not transferable, but you could use it after your current AP expires if you didn't plan to renew, or take one of the other benefits. I'm really liking the FastPass option, and that would help address the concerns of people who don't want to go on their birthday because it's during a peak season. 4th of July is a lot more tolerable with a FP.

AVP

Doodle Duck
09-18-2008, 05:06 PM
Absolutely the most exciting fantastic super dooper Groovy Neato Peachy Keen thing I can imagine!!!!!!!!

Can't wait till Lori gets home!

Our passes run out Oct 1st but even if we did resign we get STUFF! A VALUABLE Fun Card? Bingo!

This is a GREAT promotion.
Sorry but I ain't had much to gush over since the old Denny's free meal on your B-day years ago. :-)

WHOO HOO!

(out of breath...I'm old ya know)

disneyperson
09-18-2008, 05:08 PM
Yay! Free stuff!

CV12Pirate
09-18-2008, 05:11 PM
Just got an email from Disney Destinations detailing the whole thing. Pretty cool.

kiowa
09-18-2008, 05:53 PM
Just got an email from Disney Destinations detailing the whole thing. Pretty cool.

I LIke the birthday card option. You can use it for a tour or merchandise, nice! Buy myself a shirt or DVD's !!!

mulansgirl
09-18-2008, 07:21 PM
Just wondering, what about people born on leap year, is 2009 a leap year? Or do they get to go the day before or after their "missing birthday"? I am not born on leap day or whatever it is called but I was curious.

So very excited as stated in other thread.

olegc
09-18-2008, 07:31 PM
The ticket is not transferable, but you could use it after your current AP expires if you didn't plan to renew, or take one of the other benefits. I'm really liking the FastPass option, and that would help address the concerns of people who don't want to go on their birthday because it's during a peak season. 4th of July is a lot more tolerable with a FP.

AVP

so - i take it from your comment I don't have to travel exactly on my birthday? or my kids' birthday? i can go on any alternate day I wish as long as it's one per person?

mulansgirl
09-18-2008, 07:35 PM
I could be wrong but I thought she was saying if your Bday is on a very hot day you would be more likely to go and spend time there if you had a fast pass to help you not stand in long hot lines.
I think you have to go on you exact Bday to get any bennefit.
Or did I get totaly confused on what you were asking.

olegc
09-18-2008, 07:40 PM
So - that "street celebration" is it really a parade a la Party Gras (which was awesome) or is it a cavalcade that stops in two places for a show (egads - light magic)...

AVP
09-18-2008, 07:40 PM
Just wondering, what about people born on leap yearThey can go Feb 28 or March 1 - and yes, I asked.

so - i take it from your comment I don't have to travel exactly on my birthday? or my kids' birthday? i can go on any alternate day I wish as long as it's one per person?No, all benefits must be collected ON your birthday. The Birthday FastPass and the Birthday Fun Card must be USED on your birthday. Even if you're getting the future-use ticket, it must be collected on your birthday or you forfeit it.

Some people have already said "my birthday is spring break" or "my birthday is during the summer," and indicated that they are less inclined to go when it's so busy. My point was that having the Birthday FastPass option makes going on your birthday during peak season more fun because you won't be dealing with the crowds as much.

I got details on what exactly the Birthday FastPass is, and it's not the same as the Dream FastPass. As it was explained to me, you get four Dream FastPasses, good for your entire party (up to 6 people). FastPass attractions will be divided into two groups, and you choose two attractions from each group. (This is designed to spread the operational impact, so someone can't collect 4 FastPasses for Indy, or 4 for Space Mountain)

AVP

mulansgirl
09-18-2008, 07:44 PM
AVP you rock.

ScottC4746
09-18-2008, 07:55 PM
The ticket is not transferable, but you could use it after your current AP expires if you didn't plan to renew, or take one of the other benefits. I'm really liking the FastPass option, and that would help address the concerns of people who don't want to go on their birthday because it's during a peak season. 4th of July is a lot more tolerable with a FP.

AVP
NOT RENEW AN ANNUAL PASSPORT gasp gasp gasp is such a thing possible? <grin>

FaithTrustPixieDust
09-18-2008, 08:05 PM
That's so cool! Too bad I'm going to be on a Disney Cruise on my birthday.

ScottC4746
09-18-2008, 08:29 PM
That's so cool! Too bad I'm going to be on a Disney Cruise on my birthday.
You must tell us about the cruise line.

CindyR
09-18-2008, 09:26 PM
Ugh, this is such a great idea but completely useless for me! I'm going to try to do the college program starting in May 09, and my birthday is in October so I doubt as an employee that I would be allowed to partake in the free benefits such as a giftcard or fast pass, right?

My friend and I are both downgrading our passes when we renew to Southern Californian because he's only using his from September until May and mine from October until May because of the college program, and of course his birthday is on a Saturday on which we'll both be blocked out!

It's a cool idea but bad timing! And then the monthly payments on the passes of course has to start in November and my pass expires in October. I can't go almost a month without going to Disneyland! And I would miss going on my birthday, plus still be paying for the pass when I'm working there. Haha. Darn, oh well.

Darkbeer
09-18-2008, 09:35 PM
If you have a Mian Entrance Pass, you are not eligible as a CM.

If you have the Red Seasonal Sign In card, as I understand it, you are eligible. Of course, Disney might have messed up on their wording, and will further explain and detail the rules.

CindyR
09-18-2008, 09:42 PM
If you have a Mian Entrance Pass, you are not eligible as a CM.

If you have the Red Seasonal Sign In card, as I understand it, you are eligible. Of course, Disney might have messed up on their wording, and will further explain and detail the rules.

Interesting. Can any of the past college program participants state if they were given the seasonal or the main entrance pass? I didn't even know they had different types.

I mean I don't know all the benefits of working within the parks but hopefully the benefits outweigh not being able to redeem the birthday benefits. I do plan on taking advantage of being able to bring people in, because I have a few family members that won't pay to go, and live nearby.

PanFan
09-18-2008, 11:09 PM
Interesting. Can any of the past college program participants state if they were given the seasonal or the main entrance pass? I didn't even know they had different types.

I mean I don't know all the benefits of working within the parks but hopefully the benefits outweigh not being able to redeem the birthday benefits. I do plan on taking advantage of being able to bring people in, because I have a few family members that won't pay to go, and live nearby.

DH is currently in the CP and has a Blue Main Entrance pass (not eligible for any guest promotions). But yes, the benefits (in my mind--and his) far outweigh not being able to participate in whatever promotion they have going on at the moment (though this one does actually sound cool).