PDA

View Full Version : The return of the SoCal 2-day ticket

Darkbeer
11-08-2002, 06:42 PM
Driftwood over at MouseInfo.com has announced that Disney has brought back the special Southern California 2-Day ticket.

http://www.mouseinfo.com/mousetalk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5530

The prices went up $5 over last year, $54 for adults, $44 for kids (3-9).

Tickets are on sale from November 8th thru December 18th.

These NON-ParkHopper tickets can be used as a ParkHopper, but you basically use both days, so it becomes a 1-day ParkHopper.

Sailor Butterfly
11-08-2002, 08:43 PM
So then DCA's gone from a $6 park to a $9 park. WHOO-HOO!! It'll be a self-sustaining second gate in no time! :rolleyes:

Ace
11-09-2002, 10:29 AM
The one day park hopper was $65 while it existed, right?

Sailor Butterfly
11-09-2002, 10:40 AM
If you're talking about the non-SoCal pass, I think that was $59.

driftwood714
11-09-2002, 05:24 PM
The one-day Park Hopper was 59 dollars at one point, then went away and came back at 64 dollars then went up to 69 dollars before finally going away. That ticket was available to ALL guests.

The ticket I'm talking about in the link above is available to ONLY SoCals.

mousey_girl
11-11-2002, 06:58 PM
I listened to the commercial promoting the new So-Cal 2 day hoppers.

Something that struck me as funny is that it said to come see how BOTH parks are decorated for the holidays and that BOTH parks went all out. It mentioned the great holiday fireworks spectacular, but didn't mention that it is only available in DL, not DCA. It mentioned the holiday makeovers of rides, again never once said only in DL.

My conclusion is that anyone who goes to DCA after listening solely to that add will be extremly disappointed and won't stick around for very long. It is a good thing that these are true park hopper passes.

Last year, aside from Luminaria, the only Christmas thing/person we saw in DCA was the Santa sitting all alone on the backside of GRR. There were no lines, heck, other than The Boy, there were no kids. There was a park photographer there who took his picture with Santa, and we took a few too. Good thing we took our own, because the photo pick up was a mess.

A bit off topic, but a park that is as slow as DCA, how on Earth can the photo pick up area be that unorganized???

Techie7
11-11-2002, 07:15 PM
Unless I missed something the SoCal offer is a day ticket (NOT a Hopper). Now you can use both "days" on one day to make it a park hopper for ONE DAY. But if you use it on two days you do not get park hopping.

mousey_girl
11-11-2002, 08:13 PM
The commercial I heard did not make that distinction.

MouseWife
11-12-2002, 06:16 AM
I can't remember where I saw an ad but I did see that
it is good for two days- one day at each park. Or, one day
at both parks.

Not a hopper. :(

ldsguy
11-24-2002, 06:37 PM
Alright, well, last I heard was that you can upgrade any one day/one park ticket to a two park ticket for $7, but then again, since I have a pass, I don't really follow the prices that much.