PDA

View Full Version : The Good, The Bad (A Trip Report)

jslivinski
11-08-2002, 03:00 PM
The Good: We were at Disneyland from 11/1/02-11/5/02.
The Bad: We had to go home.

The Good: I was able to attend the breakfast meet and see Teri again and meet Zappop.
The Bad: Not Afraid and cemeinke arrived just as I had to leave. (misbehaving children)

The Good: Got to go see A Bugs Land at night. It was right before closing Sunday night, all lit up and no one there.
The Bad: We didn't get to go during the day.

The Good: The kids and I got to go back stage. We got to wave to Goofy and see the Inn Between. Along with all the buildings on the road from there to the exit on Ball Street.
The Bad: I was in a wheel chair and later in a van being ferried back to my car. Can you say stupid. :rolleyes: I got a little to cocky, after all I'd been walking around for a few days and was getting around just fine, so I checked my brain in at the train station and by the time the train pulled in I no longer had a hairline fracture of my toe, but a bonafied break. I was lucky to have children who decided to be will behaved (might have had something to do with mommy sitting on the floor in a sweat waiting for the world to come back into view) and of course wonderful cast members. Jerry from security, who gave me a shoulder to lean on climbing down the stairs (no ramp at Main Street station), Iris from first aid, stayed with us and gave me a neat nurse Minnie sticker (which my daughter absconded with), and Carl from security, who drove us back to the car and helped get us settled.

The Good: Hubby and Josh had a great time at the resort on Monday.
The Bad: Elizabeth and I got to stay at the hotel. Oh and I ran into the bathroom door. My poor toe just can't win.

The Good: Went to the Disney Character Warehouse on Saturday. Love that store.
The Bad: Spent to much money.

The Good: We were able to see Fantasmic on Saturday night. My daughter loved it and made up a new dance for each part.
The Bad: No fireworks. :crying:

The Good: We got to see the Christmas tree.
The Bad: It was from the tram. As Kranders confirmed it went into the park on the day we left. Oh well.

The Good: Had a great dinner at Goofy's Kitchen on Monday night. My favorite part was when Snow White in response to my telling her about Elizabeth's aversion to the characters since Goofy had kissed her autograph book earlier in the trip and she had declared that it had germs, responded (in that sing-song Snow White voice), "Oh, Goofy doesn't have germs, we wouldn't let him work in the kitchen if he did".
The Bad: I have nothing bad to say about Goofy's Kitchen, the food was great, the wait staff attentive and everything was in tip-top shape.

The Good: We got a discount on our hotel room.
The Bad: The refrigerator broke.

The Good: We are coming back January 1st.
The Bad: Hubby has jury duty on December 31st, which could cancel our trip at the last minute.

jslivinski
11-08-2002, 03:01 PM
Boy, the original title said "A Brief Trip Report", but after I was done typing it wasn't so brief anymore.:) :)

teri
11-08-2002, 03:15 PM
Oh, Julie!!!! Your toe really broke? You poor dear! The folks at first aid are really very nice, and I am glad they took good care of you.

It was great to see you and your family again. :)

MickeyD
11-08-2002, 03:17 PM
Thanks for the trip report. I'll keep my fingers crossed for no jury duty.

jslivinski
11-08-2002, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by teri
Oh, Julie!!!! Your toe really broke? You poor dear! The folks at first aid are really very nice, and I am glad they took good care of you. They were great and it was pure stupidity on my part. My stroller is always difficult to close (darn safety mechanisms) and I just wasn't paying attention and instead of using my had, like normal, I use the foot.
Originally posted by MickeyD
Thanks for the trip report. I'll keep my fingers crossed for no jury duty. I figure December 31st it's a pretty good bet that he won't get called. But with our luck...

cstephens
11-08-2002, 04:22 PM
Thanks for the trip report. Sounds like you all had fun.

Would it be possible to postpone your husband's jury duty service? That way, there's no possibility of your trip being affected. I'm not sure how jury duty works where you are, but in some places, I know you have to be on-call for the week rather than just showing up on the first day, and then there are the counties where you still have to serve for 10 days, regardless.

mousey_girl
11-08-2002, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by jslivinski
The Good: We are coming back January 1st.
The Bad: Hubby has jury duty on December 31st, which could cancel our trip at the last minute.

I just got a summons for jury duty for the week before our trip. Knowing my luck I would end up on a lengthy trial. I called the number listed on the summons and asked to re-schedual due to an already planned vacation. The woman said "no problem, how about the week of Jan 27th?" You may want to see if he can reschedual for a better time (just in case).

Not Afraid
11-08-2002, 09:55 PM
I'm so sorry we only had a brief visit (darn 200 car pile-ups!). I am glad you had a great trip - despite the toe (ouch). Let's reconoiter in January.

rexfarms
11-08-2002, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by jslivinski
[U]The Good: The kids and I got to go back stage. We got to wave to Goofy and see the Inn Between. Along with all the buildings on the road from there to the exit on Ball Street.

How did this happen may I ask? :)

Ghoulish Delight
11-09-2002, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by rexfarms
How did this happen may I ask? :) I think the implication is that it happend while being treated for a broken toe backstage.

jslivinski
11-12-2002, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by cstephens
Would it be possible to postpone your husband's jury duty service? That way, there's no possibility of your trip being affected. I'm not sure how jury duty works where you are, but in some places, I know you have to be on-call for the week rather than just showing up on the first day, and then there are the counties where you still have to serve for 10 days, regardless. We have a one day only, either they call you or they don't. This actually is the reschedule, the original notice was for the week after school stated, which didn't work well at all. When I set up the January trip, I didn't think about the jury duty. Anyway, we'll see what happens, if it doesn't work then, there is always a later date.
Originally posted by rexfarms
How did this happen may I ask? :)
Originally posted by Ghoulish Delight
I think the implication is that it happened while being treated for a broken toe backstage. Yep, that's it exactly. I had assumed when I got in the chair that they would wheel me out the front gate and put me on a van out by the trams. Nope, we went back stage to first aid and then waited for someone from security to drive the van to the parking lot (I think the wait had to do with work zones, Jerry was main street and Carl was parking lot). Then we drove all over the place to get to the exit, thought we would never get out of there.