PDA

View Full Version : Electrical parade

HauntedKid
09-17-2008, 11:03 AM
DO YOU KNOW IF THIS PARADE WILL BE RETUNING TO DISNEYLAND? WILL IT BE UP FOR , LETS SAY, DECEMBER?....:crying:

wvnative
09-17-2008, 11:13 AM
It looks as though it will be still be in DCA at Christmastime.

AnotherJenny
09-17-2008, 05:20 PM
I recommend checking here:
http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/calendar/monthly/monthly?name=CalendarMonthlyPage

It only operates on days the park is open late.

ScottC4746
09-18-2008, 08:38 PM
I recommend checking here:
http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/calendar/monthly/monthly?name=CalendarMonthlyPage

It only operates on days the park is open late.
Like weekends?

Darkbeer
09-18-2008, 09:09 PM
It is currently on Hiatus, and based on what I know, it will return for about 2 to 3 weeks in Mid-December for Christmas, before going back on Hiatus until Peak Spring Break in April. Of course, Disney can change the schedule at any time, but this is what the CM's that were in the DEP this summer were told.

CV12Pirate
09-19-2008, 07:39 AM
I think I can sit still long enough for it now. Maybe this Christmas.

HauntedKid
09-19-2008, 12:06 PM
I hope that it`ll be ready starting december, im planning a trip for the 6th that month (will be my fourth this year as i call it "the year of the 4" in honor to the year of the million dreams hehehe) so im really looking forward to see it!! Disney please please...do it!!!

ScottC4746
09-27-2008, 06:23 AM
DO YOU KNOW IF THIS PARADE WILL BE RETUNING TO DISNEYLAND? WILL IT BE UP FOR , LETS SAY, DECEMBER?....:crying:
I feel it belongs in Disneyland...where it started. And that horrible thing they had in Florida when I went in '92 Spectromagic...YUCK!

TTFN92
09-27-2008, 02:22 PM
I feel it belongs in Disneyland...where it started. And that horrible thing they had in Florida when I went in '92 Spectromagic...YUCK!

You know, I actually liked Spectromagic :geek:. I think I was the only one in my family that did. But, I went having a really negative idea of it and knew that I wasn't going to like it. I had heard a snipet of the music and thought that it was awful. But then when we actually saw it, I was pleasently surprised. It is definitley NOT the Electrical Parade, but I felt it was a good parade and I actually liked the music too. My sister thinks I'm weird :rolleyes:. I know it was because I had such a negative idea about it before. The opposite happened with the Imaginations (I think that is the name of it) show at Epcot. I was so prepared for it to be the best show (per my friend) and I ended up being very disappointed.

jenniebean
09-27-2008, 06:27 PM
You know, I actually liked Spectromagic :geek:. I think I was the only one in my family that did. But, I went having a really negative idea of it and knew that I wasn't going to like it. I had heard a snipet of the music and thought that it was awful.

Personally, it's my favorite Disney parade ever.

ChurroGirl
09-27-2008, 07:07 PM
I havent seen Electrical Parade since I was 8. I know its so sad:(! But I love the music from it and I do remember the show from then, I loved it.

But I would have to say that the Parade of Dreams is a really good one, I love the song! This is a festival you know and best of all, we're here to share it all! And the narration done by Julie Andrews makes me tear up everytime.

Carina
09-27-2008, 09:53 PM
Am I the only one that HATES the ELP? The music was horrible - my head aches just thinking about it, and we chose to see it in CA right before the fireworks knowing we would then miss the fireworks... been kicking myself ever since.

On top of the tinny high pitched music it just didnt seem as "special" as the other disney parades we saw...

Sorry to crash your thread I just wonder if I'm alone in my thoughts?

Pr1ncess365
09-29-2008, 03:26 PM
Yes, Carina you are alone. :)Well, I hope. I looooooovvvvvveeeeeee the Electrical parade, especially when that cute turtle comes out. I can't wait to see it again, it's been so long.

Maybe if you give it another try you'll like it. I'll send happy Electrical Parade thoughts your way.

P.S I also hated Spectromagic. It's weird. Are those characters aliens?

candles71
09-30-2008, 10:37 AM
I love it too. Its one of my earliest memories. We made a special trip with the kids so they could see it, and the look on their faces was worth it. As far as missing the fireworks you can make them if you are really on top of things and time it just right.