PDA

View Full Version : A two-park day... Impressions

Doodle Duck
11-08-2002, 11:24 AM
11/7

Most of you know we (the Doodles) recently returned to being AP'ers AFTER the fortunate and anxiously awaited exodus of Pressler. We had already visited to get the passes a couple of weeks ago and it was nice to be back. Here's what went on yesterday as we did stuff we didn't do last time. (Last time enjoyed the Bug Farm and thought Splash looked grim though I like the new boat.)

Yesterday's impressions were mostly all positive.

We started off in DCA, grabbed a Soarin' Pass and then did Screamin for 3 no wait rides. CMs attentive and friendly. Ride was terrific (back Seat 2x Front seat 1x...love that back seat!)

Soarin' was up to snuff...screen image immaculate though it semed SLIGHTLY off focus...NO smells this time.
Tree in Lagoon looked kind of less than impressive as did other decorations.

Ate at Taste Pilot...excellent and very friendly CMs.

Boogied over to Dland and was WOWED by the Christmas tree decos this year. Gorgeous! (At night it really is beautiful!)

Enjoyed Lincoln..kind of slow but a good 1st time experience. Stephan was the touring CM and was outstanding in his presentation...vetry nice voice and manner of speaking. Thumbs up. (BTW: I was told by someone that the ORIGINAL set that holds the OWL is still thyere and only covered by the current vid screen arrangement. Cool!)

Found a new BEST seat for Thunder Mountain...row 13...1st seat of the Last car. Better than row 15...why?...who knows but it kicks!

Casey Jr. now VERY slow where it used to free up and run a bit loose...not as fun but I love the ride anyway!

Mr. Toad..terrific as usual..(fireplace was 'out')

Alice up to Par. CMs all smiles so far!

A few that I mentioned that we were glad Pressler had dumped also had BIG grins...things are getting back to NORMAL and that is such good news to me.

Innoventions...well it looked different with the new sponsors etc. but the stuff inside still not that much fun...though the Fireworks software was neat and a couple of the games were cool.
The Virtual Vacation kicks into a blatent commercial too quickly.
Will probably not go back in unless there is a tremendous rain storm. :-)

Star Tours NEEDS an upgrade. Love this attraction but it's ready for a digital improvement...and the doors almost rattled off the track. Ho hum these days.

Road the Horse Car which presented us with a HUGE dump and associated fragrance. :-)

Bopped back over to DCA and did Who Want's To Be A Millionaire. Impressive recreation of a sound stage tv set to be sure. Very nicely done show. Top drawer but for the fact I was bored to tears. Lori liked it though.

Goofy show was embarrassing, especially since there was a bunch of folks in the audience...almost ALL adults....only a few kids and they were speaking Spanish to their parents and didn't seem interested any more than we were. We jumped that ship early.

Back over to Dland...

Full circuit train trip was excellent. Light out on the Panther but a kind CM put the flash light on it. :-) Narration seemed kind of less than it was.

Did the Jungle Boat and it was dark and well spield.

Jungle skewers still the best...ate a TON of 'em! :-)

Headed for The Mansion, which I wasn't that impresed with a couple of weeks ago BUT last night it was spot on! The lighting had been improved tremendously and really enjoyed it this time. Teriffic job!

Found the MOST AWESOME goodie in the Nightmare shop in Norleans...A Villains Towel you must see to belive. Worth the $20 fo sure!

Last seat in Space Mt. big fun...no music.

What great day. Dland and DCA spotless...the CMs smiling...really nice decos in Dland and Downtown.

Small World ready to open...can't wait!

Overall impression is Disneyland is on the way back to the top of my charts. Looked and felt darn good!

EandCDad
11-08-2002, 11:29 AM
Glad you had a great time Doodle, thanks for sharing your experience.

Hope you guys can make the Dec 8th potluck/EyeSpy event, as an in person meet would be great.

Ghoulish Delight
11-08-2002, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by DoodleDuck(A.E)
Headed for The Mansion, which I wasn't that impresed with a couple of weeks ago BUT last night it was spot on! The lighting had been improved tremendously and really enjoyed it this time. Teriffic job! Are you talking about interior lighting? And did you go during the daytime a couple weeks ago? Consider this dismaying observation (sorry. sorry), if you go during the daytime, your eyes are adjusted to light. When entering a darkened room from light, it can take as long as 1-2 hours for your eyes to fully adjust. At night, your eyes are already quite dialated and ready to go. So it will always seem a bit darker inside during the day than at night.