PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Mansion Holiday "Advent Calendar" display

oshan70
09-15-2008, 02:59 PM
Hi ~

Does anyone know what day of the week they open a new character box in the huge advent calendar scene display at the beginning of the HM ride? Fridays?

~ Thanks :)

dznyphreak
09-15-2008, 04:40 PM
I think they only did this two years ago. I thought last year they started with all the boxes open...

Maybe I'm wrong, or maybe they'll bring it back this year.

olegc
09-15-2008, 08:03 PM
I think they only did this two years ago. I thought last year they started with all the boxes open...

Maybe I'm wrong, or maybe they'll bring it back this year.

that is correct

DrinkupMeAttage
09-17-2008, 01:46 PM
I've only been during Oct. once and it was for the MSEP Finale but never for HMH. Tell me, do they sell actual advent HMH calenders? I've gotten one from my grandmother every Turkey day since I could chew chocolate and would love to have a HMH one sent to me!! Please someone tell me, do they sell actual ones in the park??

olegc
09-17-2008, 01:57 PM
I've only been during Oct. once and it was for the MSEP Finale but never for HMH. Tell me, do they sell actual advent HMH calenders? I've gotten one from my grandmother every Turkey day since I could chew chocolate and would love to have a HMH one sent to me!! Please someone tell me, do they sell actual ones in the park??

no, not the paper kind the Advent mentioned here is that where the Doombuggies pick you up in the mansion - there are several holiday boxes there. In the past, every day (or other day) during the Halloween period (sept 30 to oct 20 or so) they would reveal what was "inside" one of the boxes - mainly a character from Nightmare Before... this was their version of a Halloween "advent" calendar.

ScottC4746
09-18-2008, 08:44 PM
no, not the paper kind the Advent mentioned here is that where the Doombuggies pick you up in the mansion - there are several holiday boxes there. In the past, every day (or other day) during the Halloween period (sept 30 to oct 20 or so) they would reveal what was "inside" one of the boxes - mainly a character from Nightmare Before... this was their version of a Halloween "advent" calendar.
Technically 1 Dec is accurate for Advant Calanders but since Jack had no idea what to do for Christmas perhaps 7 Oct is 25 days before Halloween that is when they should open them.

dznyphreak
09-18-2008, 09:21 PM
I thought they opened one every week from HMH opening til Christmas...maybe I'm mistaken, but I could have sworn there was a "Do not open 'til Xmas" box, and there weren't enough to open one daily.