PDA

View Full Version : Knott's Scary Farm teasing Disney

mkyears
11-07-2002, 01:17 PM
I was wondering if anyone saw the hanging show at knott's scary farm. They made a joke about how no one goes to californica adventure and then had all the monsters and show people imitaiting fantasmic. It was pretty amusing just curios if anyone else saw it. :)

zapppop
11-07-2002, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by mkyears
They made a joke about how no one goes to californica adventure and then had all the monsters and show people imitaiting fantasmic.
I wouldn't call it a joke; more like an observation :D

MonorailMan
11-07-2002, 03:20 PM
The lawers have been notified. We'll see who's "hanging" next. :~D :~D

Just kidding. ;)

refurbmike
11-07-2002, 03:27 PM
What would the irony be if Disney sued for using that title, since they're being sued for the same thing!

MartyLuvsTigger
11-07-2002, 03:34 PM
The last laugh was on them because people around me didn't get the joke (i was the only one laughing) even the hubby asked my what the big joke was and why were the monsters waving ribbons around.

Traci
11-07-2002, 03:37 PM
MartyluvsTigger....don't you think it's sad at the same time that people DON'T get Disney references? Tee hee :D

MartyLuvsTigger
11-07-2002, 03:54 PM
It was a "Why is no one else laughing?" moment!

lilblckrncloud
11-07-2002, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by MartyLuvsTigger
It was a "Why is no one else laughing?" moment! Yea, my friend and I were in that boat. We were laughing SO hard and hanging all over each other, mostly because it was surreal to see Freddy and the others swaying to the music and waving the flags, and no one else was laughing around us! We thought it was hilarious.

mkyears
11-07-2002, 06:02 PM
yeah my friends and I are all huge disney freaks and I look over and see them cracking up but no one else got it hahahah

DLfreak
11-07-2002, 11:45 PM
That's exactly how I felt when I saw Shrek in the theatre. All those Disney references and teasing and nobody else got them. :rolleyes: :D

Morrigoon
11-08-2002, 12:05 AM
or the monorail reference in Toy Story 2 - saw at the El Cap w/a group of mp-folk, and when tour guide Barbie said "Permanencer sentados por favor" the only people who laughed were in that group, and man, we were ROTFL!

Ghoulish Delight
11-08-2002, 07:10 AM
What's funny is, someone who knew Fantasmic! pretty well wrote that bit. Must be a closet Disney fan in there somewhere ;)

The hanging show is always a riot, I try not to miss it when I go to KSF.

RStar
11-08-2002, 08:06 AM
The've been doing that for quite some years now. I saw it 3 years ago and they hung Eisner and I think Pressler (who did they hang this year?), slashed N'sync, and when Brittny Spears sang "hit me babby one more time", Freddy did. I was a little uncomfortable being there with my 11 year old son with all the blood and dark humor, but it was quite funny. He beged me for years to take him. He made us leave early- too scared;).

But I think the Disney spoof has always been in the "Hanging" show, has it not?

Ghoulish Delight
11-08-2002, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Morrigoon
or the monorail reference in Toy Story 2 - saw at the El Cap w/a group of mp-folk, and when tour guide Barbie said "Permanencer sentados por favor" the only people who laughed were in that group, and man, we were ROTFL! Matterhorn, not Monorail.

Originally posted by RStar
But I think the Disney spoof has always been in the "Hanging" show, has it not?Yeah, they always get a jab or two in.

MartyLuvsTigger
11-08-2002, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by RStar
The've been doing that for quite some years now. I saw it 3 years ago and they hung Eisner and I think Pressler (who did they hang this year?),
they hung Simon from american idol...let just say the crowd cheered!:)