PDA

View Full Version : One day Park Hoppers still around?

Willynate
11-07-2002, 01:02 PM
Perhaps this discussion has been brought up in the past, but I am fairly new here, so I might have missed it.

I'll be going to the park on December 19, 2002, and I'm wondering if Disney is still selling the one day park hopper.

Anyone out there know about this? Disney doesn't have it listed on their website and the last thing I read about it here was Al's update in July.

Are they only available at the park, or can you order them in advance?

Thanks in advance everyone!

DJ_MENTOS
11-07-2002, 01:46 PM
No they dont. And I'm sure Tabacco will back me up on this.

DJ_MENTOS

Ghoulish Delight
11-07-2002, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by DJ_MENTOS
No they dont. And I'm sure Tabacco will back me up on this.

DJ_MENTOS Wrong, they are available. They discontinued them for about a week, but continued to have demand for them, so they brought them back. They raised the price by $5, so they are now $65. I do not know if they are available for purchase anywhere other than the park.

MickeyD
11-07-2002, 02:05 PM
No, I'm pretty sure they discontinued them again.

It's discussed in this (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?threadid=11165&perpage=25&pagenumber=1) thread.

Darkbeer
11-07-2002, 02:36 PM
The last I heard, they are currently NOT offered, but I didn't say anything, because I was hoping a current "Vacation Planner" CM (aka Ticket seller) would respond with the most up to date information.

Ghoulish Delight
11-07-2002, 02:42 PM
D'oh! And it was only recently that I discovered that they had brought them back in the first place :rolleyes: Sigh, never mind.

daannzzz
11-07-2002, 02:50 PM
How about a two day park hopper? I have one day left from my last 3 day park hopper and am going for 3 days again. Can I buy a 2 day hopper or can I turn in my left over day to count toward a new 3 day hopper?

tabacco
11-07-2002, 05:13 PM
I thought they were selling 1-day hoppers still, but driftwood corrected me, and since he's been to the resort more recently than I have, I'm inclined ot trust him. Still, I'm going this weekend, so I'll find out for sure.

driftwood714
11-07-2002, 07:10 PM
The 1-Day Park Hopper was offered originally at 59 dollars. They took it away for a day (maybe two) and brought it back at 64 dollars. Then they eventually had it at 69 dollars. Back in mid-October they stopped selling the 1-Day Park Hopper. So to make a long answer short, No they are not selling them anymore.

You CAN purchase 2-Day Park Hoppers for 91 dollars (71, children). They are NOT available directly from the Main Entrance though. If you're staying at a Disney Resort or a Good Neighbor Hotel, they'll have them at the front desk. If not, you can buy them from the Anaheim Visitor Center on Harbor and Katella or the Anaheim Visitor Bureau next to the McDonalds on Harbor. It's just one dollar more than buying 2 1-Day/1-Park tickets, but you're allowed the priviledge of park hopping.

Regarding the one day left off the 3-Day Park Hopper, I would check that ticket just to verify it's not expired. If you purchased it from outside the Resort (in advance to your last visit), it should only be valid for 13 days after first use. If you bought it from the Main Entrance, it'd be good for 2 years from date purchased. You would not be able to apply the leftover price of your old ticket towards a new 3-Day ticket. I would use your third day of your old ticket (if it's still valid) and also buy a 2-Day Park Hopper for the last two days. You could even apply the 2-Day Park Hopper towards an Annual Pass on your last day for next time you come (if it's within a year). I hope this all makes sense.. Let me know if you have another Q.

sydney
11-07-2002, 07:30 PM
driftwood, maybe you can clear this up for me. when a ticket like a 3 day park hopper (not purchased at the Main Gate) "expires", the left over value on it is--- what? never recoverable? down the tubes? is that true?

tabacco
11-07-2002, 07:58 PM
That I can answer for sure. Once a ticket's expired, it's gone for good.

Also, note that a ticket will ALWAYS say when it expires. If there's no date given (or a phrase like "13 days after first use") then it does not expire. This is the case with standard $45 one-day tickets from the main entrance, for example.

driftwood714
11-07-2002, 08:16 PM
tabacco is correct. I will back him up. Once a ticket "expires" it is not usable(for admission, upgrades, refunds, etc). Now, exceptions are possible. However it may not be very easy to achieve. If it were to happen, it may involve mailing in the tickets and waiting 6-8 weeks for a check to be cut.

Like tabacco says, only the 1-Day/1-Park tickets do not expire. You can buy one today and essentially use it 10 years from now for admission to one of the parks. People today still use admission they purchased in the 90s for $31 dollars or whatever. All the other ticket media expires in some way or form.

Be happy though, because the old multi-day tickets (A.k.a. Flex Passports) were only allowed to be used in a more restrictive period (depending on the ticket). For example, 3 Day Flex Passport (3 days admission in a 5 day period. 4 Day Flex Passport (4 days admission in a day period).

tabacco
11-07-2002, 08:27 PM
Did you know that a ticket book with all tickets (yes, even the Es ;)) is good for admission? It happens every now and then, and we try to talk everyone out of it, because an intact ticket book is worth WAY more than $45.

DJ_MENTOS
11-07-2002, 08:35 PM
So in quick summation.. I was right by saying they dont offer them. :D :D :D :D

-DJ_MENTOS

driftwood714
11-07-2002, 08:45 PM
Yeah pretty much.

sydney
11-08-2002, 01:25 AM
thanks tabacco and driftwood-- you're both always right there with the answers. how about this semi-related admission media question: if I want to give an annual pass as a gift, and don't want the person's "year of admission" to start until they actually get around to going to the park, what's the way to do that? Don't the AP's you buy at the gate have to be processed that same day?

daannzzz
11-08-2002, 05:57 AM
Thanks Driftwood. I did buy my original 3 day hopper at the front gate ticket booths in May so it should still be good. I will get a 2 day hopper from one of the places you mentioned, hopefully the Disneyland Hotel if I can pull off staying there. :) Thanks again. This will work great.

Willynate
11-08-2002, 06:10 AM
Well, I think this clears things up.
Perhaps Disney will reinstate the one day pass as the holiday season nears.

It would certainly help if some guests could escape the DL crush and head over to DCA for a few hours.

Oh well . . . off to Indy in just a seven weeks!

driftwood714
11-08-2002, 07:04 AM
thanks tabacco and driftwood-- you're both always right there with the answers. how about this semi-related admission media question: if I want to give an annual pass as a gift, and don't want the person's "year of admission" to start until they actually get around to going to the park, what's the way to do that? Don't the AP's you buy at the gate have to be processed that same day?

Glad I can help. Regarding the AP as a gift question, you can purchase an Annual Passport voucher as a gift from the Main Entrance. You can tell them this, when you purchase it. They'll ask for as much information as you know so they can get it in the system (name, address, birthday, etc) so that this will help reduce confusion for "situations" that might come up. The AP doesn't actually start until the first date you use the voucher to enter the Parks. They typically put a disclaimer on the voucher that says "Must be processed by XX/XX/XX" which is usually a 3 month period. I'd try to stick to that, if you can. They will let you use it afterward, but not like a year afterward because by then the AP structure may be completely different so you might have to change out your old AP for a new one (and possibly pay a difference). I hope that makes sense.

Thanks Driftwood. I did buy my original 3 day hopper at the front gate ticket booths in May so it should still be good. I will get a 2 day hopper from one of the places you mentioned, hopefully the Disneyland Hotel if I can pull off staying there. Thanks again. This will work great.

Excellent. I'm glad you bought the one from the Main Entrance. It should say on it valid until 09/01/2004 for example. So, it's pretty self explanatory. I'd call whatever hotel you're staying at just to verify they'll have them when you arrive. In case they dont, you have those other places I mentioned as backup. Have fun on your visit!