PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Job Questions

Mythgard
11-06-2002, 05:25 PM
As I have stated on this board in the past, I am VERY interested in getting a job at the Disneyland Resort. I would like to work attractions in Disneyland, if possible. I have two questions:
1.) I live in Santa Rosa, which is like a 6-8 hour drive from Disneyland. How should I go about moving down there and getting a job? Does anyone have any suggestions?

2.) How hard is it to move up as a Cast Member? I am currently a manager at my job, would that help me get into some management position at the DLR? If no, is it relatively easy to become a lead or something? Any info would be helpful.

Thanks a lot, and I love all the info that I get off this site, and everyone is always so nice. Thanks.

tabacco
11-06-2002, 05:32 PM
You're unlikely to make it in as a manager first thing. You'll proabably start as a regular ol' CR cast member. After (I think) 6 months, you're eligible to become a lead if you're free of performance issues (like falling asleep on the job, etc.) and if they actually need leads at the time.

As for moving down to LA from the SF Bay Area, it's not that bad. Be aware, though, that Disneyland is unlikely to pay enough to help you pay rent, utilities, etc. on your own if you're in a standard hourly position, at least until you get a decent amount of seniority.

Mouse
11-06-2002, 08:46 PM
Since your are a manager at you current job you may have more to offer Disneyland then someone who has little or no work experience. A quick check on Monster (http://jobsearch.monster.com/jobsearch.asp?co=xdresortx&lid=342&col=dlt&aj=Disneyland+Resort) shows the jobs Disneyland is curently looking to fill, including hourly possitions.

Also check Kevin Yee's Job Information (http://www.mouseplanet.com/kevin/jobs.htm) page for the "how to get hired" type info.

Mythgard
11-08-2002, 03:06 AM
Thanks for all of your suggestions, it was greatly appreciated. Looks like May or June if all goes well. Wish me luck!